gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 94 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 32:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 291293 times)
claymate27
Claymation

"The best hasn't happened yet!"

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 03:13:18 PM »

volleygrrl23,via twitter:
Clay aiken was at my dads restaurant today.
43 minutes ago from txt

She is from Minisoda. Purple Banana

ClayFan for Life!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 04:15:02 PM »

WONDER IF HRH DECORATES HIS TREE OR SOMEONE DOES IT FOR HIM.
Oh gosh, I hope he decorates his own tree! Bringing someone in to do up a tree for you is pretty dang impersonal.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

WONDER IF HRH DECORATES HIS TREE OR SOMEONE DOES IT FOR HIM.
Oh gosh, I hope he decorates his own tree! Bringing someone in to do up a tree for you is pretty dang impersonal.

I agree.  I would love to think decorating the Christmas tree would be an important part of Parker's Christmas.  That's the sort of thing children remember through the years.  I so hope Clay is being an involved, "fun" type of Dad who shares everyday activities with his son. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 07:02:26 PM »

I so hope Clay is being an involved, "fun" type of Dad who shares everyday activities with his son.
When he has him, anyway. hypnotic

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 11:57:41 PM »

I'm loving the latest news about Clay...we've been so patient...2010 can't arrive fast enough!

Before I drove to the memorial service, I had a moment to read the CM thread...and your lovely, supportive posts were a balm for my soul, truly.  It was an hour and a half freeway drive each way...in pouring rain.  And, if you've been out here, you probably know CA drivers aren't all that adept driving in inclement weather.  I pray to the archangels, especially when driving the freeways, and they were sure were watching over me on this sad journey.  On the alternate route, there was a sig-alert...a tractor trailer semi overturned or some such deal, and 10 cars involved in the collision...the whole freeway was at a stand still...about 1 hour away from my destination.  Thank goodness I elected to go the other route...it is a little longer, but I believe it tends to be safer...less erratic drivers. 

I left here at 9:30, arrived at the school's gym shortly after 11 am,  I had to get there early to park in one of only two handicap spaces.  I brought some duplicates of photos I had of Beth which I was able to give to her aunt (who raised her)...the person who had been so supportive of my teaching program over the years.  Her aunt did ask me to speak during the informal sharing segment of the service...I was touched that I was the one she personally requested to do so.  I had thought about preparing some remarks...but you know, I think it was probably better that I kept it simple, and just spoke of how honored I was to be her teacher, to become close to the entire family, and that I had become close enough to Beth to let her know that I would have been so proud if she had been my own daughter...and that in her all too short lifetime, she'd made a difference.  Her poor father, just released from jail so very recently, I believe, was sitting right in front of me as I spoke.  I hope he was comforted by hearing from so many that loved this dear young lady. 

I was not able to stay until the end of the service...it was still going on after an hour and 15 minutes...I came out to a deluge of rain...was thoroughly drenched...and at 1:30 I began the drive home...which took over an hour and a half to complete.  I am glad I made the trip to honor this child and her dear family by attending her service...and I am also relieved too.  It was a bit unsettling to be back where I had so many memories of my years there, for such an unexpected occasion.

Good to hear that your decorating forray is in the end stage, Gwenn.  How about you, Thea?  I've got a lot of that to do here yet...as I scrape a budget together for it.  (I plan to hang on to a few $$$ for Clay, this summer.  The couch can wait...lol)

Marilyn, how's your recovery going?  Hope your leg is finally healed.  And Micki, I hope there's been some improvement with your housing situation.

Thea...I'd love to taste your baklava (and your latkes, sp? Gwenn!)...aren't they quite the task to make?  I got my Uncle's fudge made...this is the kind you 'cook'...thank goodness, I seemed to time it ok...didn't end up like soup!  I think the fudge is easier than what you folks are making these days!

Mimi...check your PMs, girl.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 05:47:25 AM »

Johanna, I've had a few people come look, but no commitment yet.  Thanks for asking.  I don't think too many people look for houses around the holidays.  Hopefully, after the new year, it will pick up. 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 05:48:35 AM »

I so hope Clay is being an involved, "fun" type of Dad who shares everyday activities with his son.
When he has him, anyway. hypnotic

What she said. 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 07:28:32 AM »

I really hate to speculate and judge when Clay "has" Parker. He is a working man, and as such has to travel where the job is. He is like every other celebrity out there that spends time with the kids when he can. We have no way of knowing WHERE Parker is at any given time- and that is a GOOD thing- since Clay craves his privacy.

As a matter of fact, when I was growing up, my Dad had THREE jobs and we only saw him for a little bit each day-supper time, and some time on Sunday.  That time was quality time and he was wonderful. We loved and respected Dad for doing what he had to to keep the family going.

I have no doubt that Clay spends as much quality time with Parker as he can, and that he loves him deeply and wants to take care of him. I will not judge his personal life, as I have no rights.

Now, his CAREER- I think he needs to get out there and woo us and others again. I am hoping that 2010 will be the rebirth of the fun, the tours, the appearances, the comedian Clay, the fabulous voiced singer, and the boards will sing again too.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 08:41:16 AM »

There is a difference between "judging" a person and having an opinion.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »

MORNING--

WELL, AFTERNOON BY NOW.  DOING MY CROSSWORD PUZZLE.  WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GO TO FRIENDS TO DECORATE THEIR TREE, BUT THE WEATHER IS CRAPPY AND WE MAY NEED TO RESCHEDULE FOR TOMORROW.  HONESTLY, I DON'T MUCH CARE.  IT KIND OF FEELS NICE TO STILL BE IN MY ROBE AFTER 12.

CLAY'S RELATIONSHIP WITH PARKER IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM A NUCLEAR FAMILY.  HE AND JAYMES BOTH HAVE SEPARATE PERSONAL LIVES.  RIGHT NOW, IT SEEMS CLAY IS WITH REED IN MINNESOTA.  OR WAS AS OF YESTERDAY.  THIS MAN HOPS AROUND SO MUCH, WHO KNOWS WHERE HE IS TODAY.  WE ALL SAW JAYMES ON DR. PHIL WITH HER FAMILY.  PARKER WILL KNOW WHO HIS FATHER IS.  CLAY WILL BE THE BEST DAD HE CAN GIVEN THE LONG DISTANCE.  BUT ANYONE WHO THINKS CLAY SEES PARKER ALL THE TIME IS DELUDING THEMSELVES. 

I HOPE PARKER IS WITH BOTH PARENTS THIS CHRISTMAS.  AT HIS AGE, PARKER WILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE HOLIDAY SOMEWHAT.  HE WON'T REMEMBER WHEN HE GETS OLDER, BUT HE WILL ENJOY NOW.  PERSONALLY, I THINK IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF BOTH CLAY AND JAYMES TO SEE TO IT THAT THE 3 OF THEM ARE TOGETHER FOR MAJOR EVENTS.  THEIR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS EITHER CAN JOIN THEM OR NOT.  BUT AS A PARENT, YOUR FIRST RESPONSIBILITY IS TO YOUR CHILD.  NOW THAT IS MY FILTER AND I WON'T EVER CHANGE MY FEELINGS ON THAT.

CLAY'S JOB REQUIRES HIM TO TRAVEL ALL OVER WHETHER HE IS TOURING, PREPPING FOR THE CD, MEETING WITH POTENTIAL BACKERS, ETC.  EVEN IF HE WERE MARRIED TO JAYMES, HE WOULD BE ALL OVER THE PLACE.  BUT HE IS NOT. 

WE KNOW NOTHING AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO.  THERE ARE KIDS OF MILITARY PARENTS WHO DON'T SEE THEIR PARENTS A LOT AND THEY DO OK.  PARKER WILL KNOW HE IS LOVED.  THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 10:34:42 AM »

Of course anyone has a right to have an opinion.
What I am trying to say is that none of us know the facts of when Clay is with Parker, when Jaymes is with Parker, etc. so it is difficult to form an opinion based on no evidence whatsoever.

I DID say that I know Clay spends time away from Parker-as Gwenn said, there are military families that do not see their loved ones for years at a time. This is the life that goes with his career. I would never delude myself into thinking that Clay is with Parker all the time because I know that at times they ARE separated.

All I can say is, (and I know that many will agree based on the posts here) is that I HOPE Clay spends holidays with his family. THe past few years (except for this one I THINK) he has been on the road during the Christmas season. And I believe last year Spamalot had a Christmas Eve and possibly Christmas Day showing.  I am sure that both Clay and Jaymes are trying to make life as normal as possible for Parker, and will celebrate milestones together as much as they can.

And all of the above is based on my hopes and dreams for the family. I do believe that Clays family is pretty close- including the Parkers, the Aikens, and everyone else. 

I am sure there will be much speculation about how the family works-but in the long run, thats all it is-speculation. The same as we speculate what the future will hold with Clay's career. And again, I am not criticizing ANYONE's opinion- we are all entitled. I think that I did say in the post that I MYSELF would not judge without evidence. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words and I do apologize for it. I was trying to express my feelings, and evidently did not do a very good job!!

So- OT. My youngest came over today and helped me put up lights outside. Just a few but I love to see them at night. I have to go pick up my Secret Santa gift for our office party tomorrow. Plus I am making sausage and peppers, so I have to go and buy the ingredients.
Friday we are having a fancy schmancy Christmas Party at the Harbor Club in Huntington. Upper Class restaurant. I wish they would just give the managers their 10% pay cut back instead. It was supposed to be for six months and its already been 13 months. What I could have done with that money!!

Catch you all later.  Huggles to all.

clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 01:46:46 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes. I'm celebrating Hanukkah tonight with a wonderful  roast beef dinner and latkes on the side!!! I set a lovely table and have presets all laid out for my kids.. Son is sick with a severe "SNUS" infection and stayed in the city tonight...

Daughter and BF and I will exchange gifts and he loves to go home with my doggie bags..Saved some RUGELACH and baked cookies as well..THEA, Wouldn't it be nice to have a cookie swap..  I loved your BAKLAVA!!!!

Great time of year..!!Wrapped a present yesterday for a 1st time Grandma , so happy and excited... who was flying down to Fla. today... Her son and DIL were returning from CHINA with their brand  new daughter..  New life, new country, Hanukkah/ Christm as family celebration!!  How lucky was I to wrap that gift?? I did a special BANG UP JOB!!...Love this season!!!

Clay will be home in Raleigh for Parker. He knows 1st hand the importance of being there for him......Do you think he would miss one single Christmas with his son?? I don't...

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »

So-my son and I put lights outside today. I turned them on at dusk-went outside to the enclosed porch to see what they looked like . Heard rapid drip-drip-drip. My closet continues to leak. It used to be an occasional drip, but I opened the doors (its just for storage) and everything is SOAKED. And has been for a while. I had framed pictures stacked up on one of the shelves. My wedding pic, the boys graduation pics, pictures of myself and siblings on Santa Claus's lap- all the frames are covered in mold, and I dont know if I can rescue the picture.

A particularly sad one is the chalk drawing I did of Davy Jones from the Monkees- when I was 18. I haven't drawn like that in many many years. I dont know if I can save it- it was one of a kind.

Plus, the picture frames were made special for me by my ex FIL who passed away a few years ago. They cannot be replicated. I am totally saddened by these losses.

Add that to the fact that there is no way I can afford a new roof, and the black mold on the walls has to go before it causes health damage to me and my babies.

And to top it all off- I ran out of oil a week ago yesterday. Didnt have heat or hot water until they delivered on Tuesday. Then the heater wouldnt go on so I had to have the service man come. He was here an hour and a half- he said he "patched it" new motor, other parts. He said it needs to be replaced before it starts leaking.
I have been in the house 25 years, my Mom 7 years before that. I bought the heater for her a couple or three years before I bought the house, so I am figuring the boiler is about 30 years old.

Yeah- no funds for THAT replacement either. Life is sort of sucking for me right now.

Sorry for the downer post- I will go sulk alone but I needed to rant.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »

Great time of year..!!Wrapped a present yesterday for a 1st time Grandma , so happy and excited... who was flying down to Fla. today... Her son and DIL were returning from CHINA with their brand  new daughter..  New life, new country, Hanukkah/ Christm as family celebration!!  How lucky was I to wrap that gift??
Marion, I love how you look at things! Huggles

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 05:07:57 PM »

Great time of year..!!Wrapped a present yesterday for a 1st time Grandma , so happy and excited... who was flying down to Fla. today... Her son and DIL were returning from CHINA with their brand  new daughter..  New life, new country, Hanukkah/ Christm as family celebration!!  How lucky was I to wrap that gift??
Marion, I love how you look at things! Huggles

Me too!  Clapping

For a nostalgic trip down Christmas Clay memory lane, come join us over here...special guest viewing...Christmas clack galore for your listening/viewing pleasure...I'll be in and out...visiting family later on...I think your visit will bring you wonderful holiday pleasure from our darling!

http://chexxxysplace.com/index.php?showtopic=501&st=40

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »

LORD, MARILYN, YOU NEED TO WIN THE LOTTERY.

I AM OFFICIALLY BORED.  ONLY THING ON TV TONIGHT IS THE EAGLES.  BARRY IS TALKING TO THE TV SO I AM UPSTAIRS.  I MAY BE STUCK WATCHING HGTV ALL NIGHT.

I COULD READ, BUT I DON'T FEEL LIKE THINKING MUCH.

ANYWAY, JUST A QUICK HELLO. wave wave wave

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 06:23:32 PM »

First and foremost -- Marilyn, you certainly are going through a very rough time right now.  I hope and pray that things will turn around for you soon.  You deserve so much better than this. 

As for Clay, I think we all realize that his job will never be an 8-5, five day a week job.  Knowing that, I certainly think that Clay and Jaymes discussed this (and many other things) before they decided to bring Parker into this world.  As much as we may not have liked his absence from us this year, I think Clay has spent a good bit of time with Parker because he has learned to talk, walk, run, play and become a very active little boy.  These are the times that have and will be very special to Clay and Jaymes and I feel like they have been taking advantage of.  I certainly hope they and all the family and close friends have a very happy holiday season and really enjoy being together.

Now in 2010 Clay is coming out with a CD and he knew before he went into this that you don't just record a CD and walk away if you want it to be a success.  Jerome said we will get tired of seeing them this year so that means Clay is going to be away from home a lot.  This is also something Clay and Jaymes had to know what would happen -- after all they are both in the business.

They will never be a conventional family for several reasons, but considering everything they went through to have Parker, I certainly hope Clay and Jaymes realize how truly fortunate they are and will make all this work.  Parker is one very lucky little boy.

I want the best Christmas season for Clay, Jaymes and Parker and their families and then we can look forward to 2010 -- and we'll get our turn again.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 06:26:19 PM »

THEA, Wouldn't it be nice to have a cookie swap..  I loved your BAKLAVA!!!!

MARION, thank you.  And having a cookie swap with special friends like you here on Claymaniacs would be wonderful.  Between your cookies, JOANN's homemade fudge, GWENN'S latkes and my baklava, we could have one heck of a great cookie exchange!!!  I wish we all lived closer to one another.   Huggles

MARILYN, wow, things aren't going well for you at all.  Hang on, sweetie, at some point things have to get better.  Just know that even when you're going through the darkest of times, there is always somebody walking beside you, ready to carry you when you can no longer walk on your own.  

Huggles  SUNNY, I so agree that "having an opinion" and "judging" are two very different things.  I am in no position to judge Clay's lifestyle or personal decisions, nor do I have the energy or desire to do so.  RL is already too complicated right now.   pull hair

GWENN, I agree that there is absolutely nothing decent on TV this evening.  I may even resort to watching a Lifetime movie this evening before I go to sleep.  I'm not in the mood to "think" either this evening!!!  Laughing

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »

Back home already...! oh pshaw!...my sis is sick I think...her hubby caught the bug, and Cathy really needs to avoid anyone with it...she's very prone to pneumonia!  I wish she'd have come over here while he was contagious. 

I'm having a 'Carol-Along' party tomorrow evening...my sis picked the date with my niece's family schedule in mind...and my nephew in law committed them to go to his grandma's place...now with Cathy sick, who knows who'll come...oh pshaw to that too!!  as Gwenn would say...oy vey!! 

Oh well...minuscule issues, huh...off to watch Extreme Home Makeover...that show always gives me a charitable perspective.   Smile

Yes...how wonderful it'd be if we all lived near each other...it'd be really great.  We could share meals, treats, and assistance when one of us is in need.  Marilyn, I do hope life eases up for you at last!  It's so overdue...perhaps 2010 will be the year.   Loved your post NCBarb!

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 06:32:30 AM »

MORNING--

I AM UP AND ABOUT EARLY.  GOTTA GET TO MACY'S REAL FAST AND THEN OFF TO THE POST OFFICE TO MAIL A COUPLE OF PACKAGES.  BARRY HAS A "DATE" WITH HIS OLD BOSS AFTER HE TRIES TO GET AN EARLIER EPIDURAL APPOINTMENT.  I HAVE HOUSEWORK TO DO AND I MAY EVEN BAKE SOME MORE COOKIES.  THIS TIME, TOLL HOUSE WITH NMINI M&M'S THROWN IN.  I DOUBT BARRY CAN DO HIS USUAL BAKING THIS YEAR SO I HAVE TO PICK UP THE SLACK.

THEN LATER, TREE DECORATING AND DINNER AT OUR FRIENDS' HOUSE. 

I SAW STEPHEN CURTIS CHAPMAN ON GMA THIS MORNING AND I COULDN'T HELP BUT WONDER IF HE AND CLAY ARE STILL FRIENDS.  THAT IS SOMETHING I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW.  SCC SEEMS LIKE SUCH A GOOD MAN.  IT WOULD BOTHER ME IF CLAY'S ORIENTATION AFFECTED THEIR FRIENDSHIP.  BUT I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN WITH FRIENDS OF MY BROTHER.  LONG TIME FRIENDS.

GMA ALSO HAD THE REAL FAMILY FROM THE BLIND SIDE.  I HAD SEEN THEM BRIEFLY ON THE VIEW A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO.  THEY ARE A WONDERFUL FAMILY.  CATCH THE SEGMENT ON THE GMA WEBSITE IF YOU WANT.  AND SEE THE MOVIE.  SO UPLIFTING.

THAT IS IT FOR NOW.  GOTTA GET MOVING.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 94 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx