gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:37:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 94 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 32:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 291398 times)
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1720 on: February 15, 2010, 04:45:02 AM »

SUNNY, IF THERE AREN'T ANY JUMBOTRONS, THEN I WILL HAVE TO RELY ON MY TRUSTY BINOCULARS.
If he sees you, aim them right at his crotch. And wave.

doh icon_eek blush Naughty icon_rolleyes faint lmao

GWENN

Let's hope his crotch doesn't WAVE back!!!!

I't's a family show after all!!!! icon_eek

Laughing Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1721 on: February 15, 2010, 06:42:48 AM »

I was reading Clay's answers to some questions concerning the taping of the PBS special.  I understand that there are aprox. 2200 seats in this venue.  So far, there are only about 1100 OFC members going.  I sure hope the general public buys up most of the remaining seats as the venue will only be half full.   doh  He seems concerned about that.  I've never watched a PBS special where the venue was not full.  I sure wish I could go.....I'd take up two seats.  Paranoid  And, my family could fill the rest.   Laughing

Gwenn, was that vision question your's?  Have you called the venue to inquire? 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1722 on: February 15, 2010, 06:54:53 AM »

SUNNY, IF THERE AREN'T ANY JUMBOTRONS, THEN I WILL HAVE TO RELY ON MY TRUSTY BINOCULARS.
If he sees you, aim them right at his crotch. And wave.

doh icon_eek blush Naughty icon_rolleyes faint lmao

GWENN

Let's hope his crotch doesn't WAVE back!!!!

I't's a family show after all!!!! icon_eek

lmao lmao MARION, you are priceless!    Huggles

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1723 on: February 15, 2010, 07:01:42 AM »

Thea and Johanna, I have had experience with haggis. My daughter's first husband was from Glagow. They were married here and we had haggis and other Scottish specialities for the reception. Let's just say the haggis was the least accepted. But the grooms's mother thoroughly enjoyed it. 

BECKY, always good to see you here, my friend!   Huggles Huggles  And just sayin, but if my hubby ever insisted that I cook him haggis, he would be my ex-hubby!!!  Laughing

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1724 on: February 15, 2010, 07:08:32 AM »

MICKI, I agree that Clay probably is concerned that the venue might not be full.  He may have to resort to "importing" people from his family, local schools and even nursing homes.  'Sure hope it doesn't come to that, but with this economy where many people don't have a much of a budget for travel and entertainment it is definitely a possibility.   Paranoid

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1725 on: February 15, 2010, 07:10:54 AM »

I want this PBS special to be a huge success for Clay.  As they show these programs over and over (for years), I'm sure it will be.  But, how will he fill this venue?  This is not 2004 or 2005, where tickets sold out in minutes.  I wonder if the concert will be promoted, so the "general public" knows about it.  I sure hope so.  The event is only a little more than 3 weeks away.  Holy Crap!  icon_eek 

MICKI  

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1726 on: February 15, 2010, 07:11:43 AM »

There are ways to shoot a theatre so that it looks full to a television audience. This shouldn't be a problem.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1727 on: February 15, 2010, 07:13:51 AM »

I want this PBS special to be a huge success for Clay.  As they show these programs over and over (for years), I'm sure it will be.  But, how will he fill this venue?  This is not 2004 or 2005, where tickets sold out in minutes.  I wonder if the concert will be promoted, so the "general public" knows about it.  I sure hope so.  The event is only a little more than 3 weeks away.  Holy Crap! 

There are ways to shoot a theatre so that it looks full to a television audience. This shouldn't be a problem.

SUNNY, I share MICKI's concerns, but if you think the concert can be edited to appear that the venue is full, well more power to them!   Clapping

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1728 on: February 15, 2010, 07:17:11 AM »

Pam, that's encouraging, but I would feel so sad for Clay.  He's so excited about this project, and seems to have worked very hard to make it happen.  I want a full venue for him. 

MICKI  

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1729 on: February 15, 2010, 07:19:25 AM »

SUNNY, I share MICKI's concerns, but if you think the concert can be edited to appear that the venue is full, well more power to them!   Clapping
It's not in the editing, but in the angles of the camera shots, in close-ups, pans, tilts, etc. If a venue is filled halfway, there's no need to shoot what's not there (people in the back rows). Shooting toward the stage from over the last row's shoulders gives the impression of a full house. Even shots from the stage, looking out into the audience, can be tilted down to stop before empty rows are visible.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1730 on: February 15, 2010, 07:21:08 AM »

I can't honestly tell if he's excited, worried, calm, or whatever. All I know is what he has written publicly. And, as a performer, anything he says publicly is part of a performance. shrug

If he's concerned, he has "people" to address the issue of low audience turnout. That's what publicity is for.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1731 on: February 15, 2010, 07:21:18 AM »

lovinclay:

Pam, that's encouraging, but I would feel so sad for Clay.  He's so excited about this project, and seems to have worked very hard to make it happen.  I want a full venue for him.

Me too.  If there is anyone here who could go, if only they had a little financial support, please PM me.  While  the cost of a trek across country for just a day or two is too steep for my retired budget, I can spare a bit to help out another Clay fan share in this amazing juncture in Clay's artistic journey.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1732 on: February 15, 2010, 07:22:02 AM »

It's not in the editing, but in the angles of the camera shots, in close-ups, pans, tilts, etc. If a venue is filled halfway, there's no need to shoot what's not there (people in the back rows). Shooting toward the stage from over the last row's shoulders gives the impression of a full house. Even shots from the stage, looking out into the audience, can be tilted down to stop before empty rows are visible.

Amazing!!!  Thanks for the professional perspective, MS SUNNY!   Clapping Huggles

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1733 on: February 15, 2010, 07:39:43 AM »

If there is anyone here who could go, if only they had a little financial support, please PM me.  While  the cost of a trek across country for just a day or two is too steep for my retired budget, I can spare a bit to help out another Clay fan share in this amazing juncture in Clay's artistic journey.

JOHANNA, you are a very generous soul.  I experienced it personally when I stayed at your lovely home a few years ago.  I know you do these kind things out of pure love for your friends.   Huggles

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1734 on: February 15, 2010, 07:41:32 AM »

Whoa, here I am monopolizing the CM.  I'm so sorry.  I have to get ready for a Dr. appointment.  I'm thinking I may have strep throat, as I have had the mother of all sore throats as well as a fever for the past two days.  What a sickly old mess I am these days!    Paranoid Laughing

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1735 on: February 15, 2010, 07:48:40 AM »

If there is anyone here who could go, if only they had a little financial support, please PM me.  While  the cost of a trek across country for just a day or two is too steep for my retired budget, I can spare a bit to help out another Clay fan share in this amazing juncture in Clay's artistic journey.

JOHANNA, you are a very generous soul.  I experienced it personally when I stayed at your lovely home a few years ago.  I know you do these kind things out of pure love for your friends.   Huggles

Thank you Thea...your post means a great deal to me...I'd hate for one of dear site buddies to miss out on this...  I am so looking forward to joining everyone soon...and it's Clay's definition of the word, I'd say this time...boohoo.  [I suppose I ought to take note...the SW debacle...small seats...Kevin Smith...I'm not my old slender to normal sized gal, and Jet Blue gives enough space - thank goodness!...I'd be horrified to be asked off a flight!...and two seats is so costly  ...folks are suggesting that the airlines sell 1 and 1/2 seats...I wish that were an option.   Middle seats on airplanes...my gosh, it's like stuffing folks in...claustrophobia anyone?!!]

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1736 on: February 15, 2010, 08:12:07 AM »

MORNING--

YES, MICKI, THE QUESTION WAS MINE AND HIS ANSWER WAS STUPID.  I READ IT TWICE.  HE IS A SMART MAN.  WHAT THE HELL DO OBSTRUCTIONS HAVE TO DO WITH WHAT I ASKED.   BUT I AM GONNA CALL TM TODAY.  IF THEY NEED A DOCTOR'S NOTE, I HAVE IT.

JOHANNA---YOU ARE VERY SWEET.  THAT IS A LOVELY OFFER.

I, TOO, AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE NUMBERS.  THAT BEING SAID, THE TIMING IS VERY BAD.  YOU HAVE A LOT OF FOLKS OUT OF WORK.  SOME SPENT A TON ON THE GALA.  THIS STUPID  WEATHER.  AND RALEIGH ISN'T EXACTLY A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE CAN GO FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME TO SEE OTHER THINGS TO JUSTIFY THE AIRFARE.  I WAS HOPING FOR THE BEACON IN NYC.  AT LEAST YOU COULD SEE A SHOW OR 2 WHILE THERE.  WITH ALL THE HALF PRICE4 TIX, IT WOULD BE EASIER TO JUSTIFY THE  TRAVEL EXPENSES.  AND NOT A WHOLE LOT OF TIME WAS GIVEN EITHER.  SO, HERE IS HOPING MORE AND MORE PEOPLE DECID3E TO GO.

PERSONALLY, I AM MORE NAUSEOUS ABOUT THE TM THING.  I HAD HOPED THE BEST SEATS WOULD BE PUT ASIDE FOR US.  I GUESS HE COULDN'T WORK THAT OUT WITH THE PRODUCERS.

SO, I AM IN TODAY.  MAKING PHONE CALLS AND, HOPEFULLY, FAXING THIS LETTER TO TM.  I WANT A SECOND OPINION ON BARRY'S BACK AND THAT IS TAKING A LOT OF RESEARCH.

BTW--MARILYN, MY FRIEND WHO MET HER NEW HUSBAND ON MATCH IS MY AGE.  NOT YOUNG AT ALL.

LATER.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1737 on: February 15, 2010, 09:39:42 AM »

It is sad to read the pre-sale allotment has not been met (assuming everyone who will purchase with an OFC code has posted). I wonder how Clay (or whomever) estimated the amount of tickets to set aside? With the amount of work he says was put into this, I would hope general public publicity is just around the corner. Just seems like such a short time-frame though.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1738 on: February 15, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »

NOW THIS IS JUST FUNNY.  ANOTHER MAN WITH NO CLUE.  SOMEONE ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT TOMORROW AND USING THE CODE.  THE QUESTION WAS DOES YOUR CODE GET NEGATED IF YOU THROW BACK THE TIX AND TRY FOR DIFFERENT ONES.  HIS ANSWER-----WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU THROW BACK TICKETS?  HE NEEDS TO EXPERIENCE JUST ONE TM EXPERIENCE.  JUST 1. 

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1739 on: February 15, 2010, 09:51:38 AM »

He's obviously never wanted to be thisclose to a performer. bigsmile Or never actually purchased concert tickets.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 94 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx