gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:03:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD Support Group - Session 136  (Read 228848 times)
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1780 on: February 20, 2010, 11:02:30 AM »

FRANKIE,  you should have stopped by here after you picked Glory up I would have went with you guys to SHARON's house.  We could have taken Mark and introduced him.   doh 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1781 on: February 20, 2010, 12:37:09 PM »

FRANKIE,  you should have stopped by here after you picked Glory up I would have went with you guys to SHARON's house.  We could have taken Mark and introduced him.   doh 

This is getting bigger and better all the time Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #1782 on: February 20, 2010, 01:59:25 PM »

HI FRIENDS

JUST A QUICK RUN BY, ON MY HOME NOW.
WISHING YOU A NICE SUNDAY AND SATURDAY EVENING.

MORE OLYMPICS. LOVE THE DANCE SKATING.

ANYONE SEE THE PROJECT RUNWAY PROGRAM LAST NIGHT. I TAPED IT.
THEY DESIGNED DRESSES FOR LITTLE GIRLS. LOVE THAT PROGRAM.

ON MY WAY HOME NOW. MY COMPUTER. THE JUMPING JACK IS NOW KAPOOT, SO CANNOT POST FROM HOME TIL; IT IS FIXED.

BY FOR NOW.

LOVE TO ALL
JEANNE AKA JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1783 on: February 20, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »

WELL I GOT IN OFC, RENEWED MY MEMBERSHIP HAD TO CHANGE THINGS AROUND A BIT WROTE THEM DOWN HOPE I WROTE THE RIGHT ONES. ANYMORE.

TOOK OFF ABOUT 10 WENT TO WALMART JUST BROWSED FOR 5 HRS. GOT SOME GROCERIES,AND CAME HOME LOOKING FOR A BATHROOM RUG COULD NOT FIND ONE SO I GOT TAPE TO FIX THE ONE I HAVE,THE BACKING HAS COME OFF.

WELL THATS MY DAY. TTYL

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1784 on: February 20, 2010, 03:47:56 PM »

wave

Just finished the second big sign. Didn't know this morning that Lewis did not have the board ready for me to paint. He did get the one I painted yesterday up, though. We also took the boys for a ride and took the sign off of our food bank to be repainted (If you hear that we are in jail, you will know why!  Laughing ) The sign is so faided, and was hanging by one chain, so we just took it! The food bank will not be open again until next Wednesday - hopefully we will get it repainted and hung up again by then.

Pepe - next time I head for Canada, I will definitely pick you up!  Laughing I am on strike tonight. I have cooked a roast, baked some sweet potatoes, and cooked some cabbage as I was working outside today. But if anyone here wants that or anythng else on a plate tonight, they will have to get it themselves!!!!  Naughty My back feels as though it is going to crack in half from strething over the signs to paint them - surely that counts as some sort of stretching exercise!

Jeanne - I did watch that Project Runway. I have all of the episodes taped - I have to go back and watch a couple I've missed.

Glory - I love a day to browse through stores alone. I think I will go "big" shopping alone one day next week.  Clapping that you finally got into the OFC.

Haven't checked to see what is on the Olympics tonight, but I will watch. I do know the big hockey game is tomorrow (U.S. and Canada!) I wish Candada could win gold and we could win silver (I just think the gold would mean more to Canada).

Don't know if I will be back tonight , so I will say Good Night and sweet dreams now. 

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1785 on: February 20, 2010, 05:02:09 PM »

Haven't checked to see what is on the Olympics tonight, but I will watch. I do know the big hockey game is tomorrow (U.S. and Canada!) I wish Candada could win gold and we could win silver (I just think the gold would mean more to Canada).

Speaking as a Canadian it would Frankie Huggles bigsmile

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1786 on: February 20, 2010, 09:48:08 PM »

how come i am THE ONLY ONE UP  DID IT AGAIN,,,,,,,, NOW WHAT MAYBE I WILL GO FOR A RUN. NAH.I HAVE TO E-MAIL SPARKART AND TELL THEM WHAT I DID SO THEY WON'T HELP ME. lmao

CHURCH IN THE AM HOPE I CAN GO BACK TO SLEEP/

SHARON I BEAT YOU HERE Laughing I WILL LEAVE BREAKFAST TO YOU. YEP WE HAD FUN LAST NIGHT WILL DO IT MORE OFTEN.  bigsmile

WELL I AM JUST RANDOMLY BABLING SO BACK TO TRY AND SLEEP.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1787 on: February 21, 2010, 04:29:43 AM »

Morning Glory Laughing you little flower Huggles JoAnn you may have company
I brought coffee, hot tea and chocolate and chocolate donuts of course wave

Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1788 on: February 21, 2010, 05:51:50 AM »

Good monring Sharon and GLory and everyone else waking up.  Nice day here again.  Prissy I think you have more snow then us,  my hubby loved the snow dogs.  We went to Gloucester........  by the ocean,   really pretty up there.  they filmed a Perfect Storm up there....yesterday and saw someone walking a couple of Shelties.. nice to see everyon out and walking there dogs.  it was 51  , a heat wave.

Betty:  congrats on getting a ticket.   wish i could go.

well have a good day everyone
Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1789 on: February 21, 2010, 05:53:43 AM »

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1790 on: February 21, 2010, 06:32:48 AM »

Good morning everyone!   wave

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #1791 on: February 21, 2010, 07:31:02 AM »

Good morning everyone,

Whew doh company's all gone.  We had a great time but like always great times must come to an end that is to quick.  I have a few minutes to "rest" so I thought I'd come on line.

Yesterday, Mom and I took TWO STEPS CLOSER to some of our home improvement!  First stop(between both sets of company) we  went to Home Depot.  We bought a gallon of primer made to cover wallpaper so that we don't have to peel it off!  We select a "sample" of paint to try and it is not quite taupe but a few "smidges" lighter.  We will start in our entry hallway.
   It is wallpapered.  The salesman said to give it to coats of this primer then I could  just "lightly" sandpaper down any raised seams.  This product is stronger then Kilzs and it helps the wallpaper(left) from ever slipping down over time.

Then when my cousins came we went and made our next HUGE replacement item.  Since I've decided that I don't want to spend a  lot of money on granite counter tops, I "splurged" and bought Mom a beautiful "antique" REPLICA bath vanity with a beautiful granite counter top.  The hardware is  made to look old fashion also.  It has beautiful carving on the wood and claw feet.
   I could tell that Mom really, really loved this but wasn't going to get it.  I got it for her because she has been so sick for so long, I wanted something that she wanted just for herself.  They are going to deliver it Monday and then I'm going to call a plumber to install, polish and seal the granite.
   She has a few little antique whatnots that she can display on top that will look pretty and girly.
It was worth all the things in the world to see her smile and how she kept just admiring it. Now it will look so good when I get the wallpaper removed and  the room  painted in there.

Would you believe snow possible for Tuesday?  Hope the  electricity stays on this time!

Prissy---Randy looked inside the violin (in our living room)  He found, "made in France, 1938"   I also took down the serial # and I'm just about ready to go google information next.

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1792 on: February 21, 2010, 07:59:20 AM »

I "splurged" and bought Mom a beautiful "antique" REPLICA bath vanity with a beautiful granite counter top.  The hardware is  made to look old fashion also.  It has beautiful carving on the wood and claw feet.
   I could tell that Mom really, really loved this but wasn't going to get it.  I got it for her because she has been so sick for so long, I wanted something that she wanted just for herself.  They are going to deliver it Monday and then I'm going to call a plumber to install, polish and seal the granite.
   She has a few little antique whatnots that she can display on top that will look pretty and girly.
It was worth all the things in the world to see her smile and how she kept just admiring it. Now it will look so good when I get the wallpaper removed and  the room  painted in there.

JoAnn wow just wow Clapping Huggles that will make Jennie so very happy, you are some kinda wonderul daughter Hug flower

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1793 on: February 21, 2010, 09:08:21 AM »

wave

Good Morning! Happy Sunday!

Sharon - I just had two chocolate donuts - hope Jeanne won't mind!  Laughing I plan to watch the big game tonight, even though I do not know hockey rules at all (maybe they are something like soccer???) I know both sports do have shoot outs, so maybe I can follow along. Womens' skating coming up this week, as well as the finale of ice dancing tonight!  Clapping

Sasha -  Huggles How great to come on and see you posting a Clay photo. It was 69 degrees here yesterday, and as JoAnn said, they are predicting snow again this Wednesday 

Glory - do you mean that you can't get into the OFC again??? What did you do!  Laughing

JoAnn - Have fun with your remodel. I am enjoying your Mom's 83rd birthday from afar. I remember my Mom's 83rd so well. I had just retired from the Council On Aging, and Mom had her first heart attack. I went to Memphis to stay with her for a month.  After she was home from the hospital, we went out to eat one day and shopped a little. We came across a beautiful garnet ring (her birthstone). I could tell she really wanted it, but Mother never spent money on herself, even though we tried to get her to. She allowed me to buy the ring on the condition that it would go to Laney someday (Laney also has a garnet birthstone). Mother wore that ring every day for the next 5 years, and now it is in my jewelry box, waiting for Laney's 16th birthday.  It is so great to be able to give a parent something they will really enjoy - you are so lucky to still have your Mom.  Huggles

wave Meesa - hope the wedding plans are completely done by now!

Have a great Sunday, everyone - I'm going to try to get one more sign done before the cold weather comes back.  Paranoid

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1794 on: February 21, 2010, 09:35:43 AM »

wave Frankie, tonight is the original dance for ice dancing and tomorrow night free dance Purple Banana What a beautiful story about your Mom and the garnet ring Frankie Huggles Laney will cherish it for sure Huggles

lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #1795 on: February 21, 2010, 09:56:48 AM »

There’s a medium size dog hiding in my back yard. I don’t understand how this dog got in there. Anyway, he/she must be terrified as he does not take any food that I give him and I am afraid to touch it. I cannot have any more animals as we are only allowed to have three per household and I hate to call the animal control.

I finally talk to my next door neighbor and it was very hard to understand what he was saying but I did learn that the new dog is a homeless one and he gave it a home. The puppy with different eye color is Poky’s son. They cry, moan and howl every single day but I won’t complain anymore, at least these people seem to care a little.

MIL is coming next weekend and I probably won’t be able to post for a long while as she will be sleeping in the room where we placed our computer. I may not be able to lurk as much as I like as well.

I hope Clay’s PBS special will do well and I wish everyone attending an unforgettable experience.

I pray everyone is doing well and I will “see” you all when I can.

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #1796 on: February 21, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »

FRANKIE AND JOANN, I forgot to mention that I now weigh 123.50 pounds, slow but I’m getting there. We should post a photo of ourselves soon. bigsmile

JOANN, since you have a personal trainer, I have a question for you…once we reach our weight goal we won’t have to work-out as much, am I right? I know we have to maintain our new eating habit but I’m hoping we won’t have to work out like heck.

Oh, and the dog is gone, I opened the gate and out he went, he looks healthy but no collar…thousands of animals are put to sleep every month and this is the reason I hate to call the animals shelter. When I found Mimi I learn that our animals shelter euthanized 17 thousand kittens in one month, the reporter was almost crying while reporting the story. Some cities have laws for animal owner to spay/neuter their animals; I believe this law should be practice all over.

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #1797 on: February 21, 2010, 11:28:36 AM »

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE,

I'M POSTING FOR PRISSY TODAY!  SHE JUST CALLED AND ASKED ME TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT HER INTERNET HAS BEEN OUT FOR TWO DAYS.  SHE SAYS, "  wave" AND WILL BE BACK HERE WHEN SHE CAN.

Frankie--That was such a touching story about you, your Mom and ring.   My grandmother wanted me to have her wedding band and she gave it to me right before her end.  I wear it almost everyday on my right hand and feel as though she is still there with me.  I have it in my will that my oldest great niece, Natalie will get it next.  She was the first "great-great" grandchild of my grandmother. They got to know each other for 4 years before my grandmother's death.   I told Natalie and she even got to put it on her finger last time she was here and she loves it.

Lollita--Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question!  I do know that the less you weigh, the less calories are burned, so as example at my current weight, I can burn 7 calories per minute when I walk but if I lose another 10 LBS, I can only burn 6 calories per minute I walk.  I guess, in other words, no, you got to keep up the exercise! bigsmile

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1798 on: February 21, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »

Good Evening!

As JoAnn said, I've been without Internet for a couple of days!  Skip is still crawling around in the attic and dropping down wires and cables for the sounds system he is setting up; so during this time the Internet and even the cable to the TV's were disconnected! shock

Friday evening, the orchestra concert went well.  Skip attended this performance even though he was tired from all his wiring work.   On Saturday, my cello sister and I went early to a wedding rehearsal of good friends of hers, and people Skip and I know pretty well, also.  Our viola player met us a little later and we played for the wedding and then we were all guests at the reception along with our husbands.  Very nice wedding and wonderful reception with Mexican food!!

This morning we went to Sunday school and as I said earlier, Skip has been "crawling" around in the attic this afternoon, also.  I think we are going out to eat at Macaroni Grill if he isn't too tired.  I have a gift card from Christmas and there was a coupon for the restaurant in the newspaper today!

This is another busy week with orchestra opera rehearsals, Whitlock Club on Thursday, and Tuesday we will take a friend who recently had surgery out to lunch and then to two doctor appointments.  

Jennie's birthday is Wednesday, Feb. 24, and there is a luncheon for her at the Zodiac Room at Neiman Marcus.  We all love this restaurant because it has the best popovers served with strawberry butter!!

We may even get another snow on Tuesday, so we'll just have to see how that affects our activities this week.  cold

Pepe,
I imagine you are still having a great visit with your son, Mark! 

Lolita was asking about activities and calories burned, I believe and I found this chart online!
Once, I read that violin playing burned 240 calories an hour, but I need to go back and check that!! violin2
EDIT:  Violin playing:  170 calories an hour!!

Type of Exercise and Calories/hour

Sleeping   55
Eating   85
Sewing   85
Knitting   85
Sitting   85

Standing   100
Driving   110
Office Work   140
Housework, moderate   160+
Golf, with trolley   180

Golf, without trolley   240
Gardening, planting   250
Dancing, ballroom   260
Walking, 3mph   280
Table Tennis   290

Gardening, hoeing etc.   350
Tennis   350+

Water Aerobics   400
Skating/blading   420+
Dancing, aerobic   420+
Aerobics   450+
Bicycling, moderate   450+

Jogging, 5mph   500
Gardening, digging   500
Swimming, active   500+
Cross country ski machine   500+
Hiking   500+
Step Aerobics   550+
Rowing   550+

Power Walking   600+
Cycling, studio   650
Squash   650+

Skipping with rope   700+
Running   700+
Exercise for your health!

It has been calculated that 1 pound of body fat is equal to 3500 calories.
This means that in order to lose 1 pound we have to walk for about 12.5 hours.
So don't expect fast weight loss and remember to eat sensibly.

The mood and feel-good benefits, however, are immediate and
the health benefits of exercise are endless.
So GET ACTIVE!!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1799 on: February 21, 2010, 06:23:28 PM »

SHARON I WILL PICK FRANKIE UP ON THE WAY WAIT FOR US PLEASE.I LOVE ICE DANCING.

INTERESTING DAY WENT OVER HOLLIES TO WATCH THE KIDS FOR A BIT.THEN GOT LUNCH, THEN HAD THE OIL CHANGED IN MY CAR,TRIED TO FIND THE EMPLOYMENT OFFICE NOBODY KNEW WHERE IT WAS. I WENT TO THE CHRIPROPACTOR THE GIRL IN THE OFFICE FOUND IT FOR ME ON THE COMPUTER.

FRANKIE, I E-MAILED SPARKET WHO IS IN CHARGE OF OFC NO RESPONSE YET. I COULD JOIN AGAIN. BUT WILL NOT DO THAT.UNLESS NO OTHER WAY.

WELL I AM BEAT GOING TO TAKE A SHORT NAP.

Hi folks...wandered  over here for a bit...I must say you all sound like such fantastic cooks...I get hungry reading your meal plans...and Prissy...surely wish we could enjoy a 'classical jam' together...btw...that was the name of my chamber group...

Glory...just had to share that my ex was a competitive ice dancer...before he quit...too many $$$ for ice time...and getting up in the middle of the night to go practice (when ice rink was available) he was asked to partner up with Judy Blumberg...who went on to great things...have a read, if you'd like:

http://figureskating.about.com/od/famousicedancers/p/blumbergsiebert.htm

and...for those of you who think George Stephanapolis...sp?? of GMA is cute, my ex would pass as his taller brother...grin...lol

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx