gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:45:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 94 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD Support Group - Session 136  (Read 228865 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: December 11, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »

SESSION 136 OH MY GOODNESS, OH MY GOODNESS, OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Here is how we started:

Welcome, everyone to the very first meeting of the "OCD Support Group". (Obsessive Clay Disorder)

I am shy, so I walk slowly into the room and find a seat in the back. The meeting begins and there is a room full of claymaniacs. It is very quiet. I raise my hand very slowly. Pamela notices and asks, " Do you have something to share?" My knees are shaking, but I am able to finally get the words out.
"Hi. My name is Woodstock. And I suffer from OCD." The room erupts with applause. I hear so many things around me..."Welcome, Woodstock, what a great step to admit that!" "I do, too..." "We're all with you..."
And I knew immediately that I have come to the right place.

We all talk about it, and joke about it, but this can be a serious subject,too. I love Clay, but quite honestly, I have worried about why I spend SO much time listening to him, downloading everything..talking about him on-line , taping EVERY TV show . And more than anything, simply thinking about him night and day. He enters my thoughts in the middle of just about everything! What is going on???
I am a 50-year-old (yikes) wife and mother of three children aged 18, 21 and 23. I have a career and am involved in many things. Then somehow, Clay has entered the picture and I fear he has taken over more of my life than I care to admit.

I realized awhile back that I suffered from OCD. But it was hard to admit to anyone. My 18-year-old son kept telling me that I was obsessed, and after awhile, I began to think he was right. And I spent night and day wondering what was wrong with me. Why are my thoughts going to Clay in the middle of a a school lesson or a church sermon? Why can't I wait to get home and turn on a Clay CD or check out claymaniacs.com to get new info on Clay? If Clay was going to be on a TV station that I didn't get, I HAD to find someone to tape it for me. I was beginning to think I was losing my mind. REALLY!!!

Then I found claymaniacs. It has been wonderful for me to talk to you. The more I got to know you guys, the more I was able to let it all hang out. And what did I learn? I'm NOT the only one. There is something about this guy that grabs you and wraps around your heart, and you're hooked. You are NOT going crazy, I have come to learn after talking to so many of you. I get pms and e-mails from people after I have posted something I couldn't admit anywhere else, and I realize I'm not alone! And it has been a great comfort to me. It took a little while, but I now know that I'm OK. And I feel much better. Now, I am enjoying Clay SO MUCH MORE, because I am not worrying about myself.

Let me make this perfectly clear: I am not over my OCD! I still think about Clay all the time (24/7?) and listen to him sing(OMG) constantly, and download, and chat about him. But I no longer worry that there is something wrong with me. I know I am not alone. There is something so very special about this man. He is the whole package. Because I was able to feel better after admitting things to you guys here, I decided that this is a thread that is needed here. Here is your place to vent. Admit your feelings, or confess something that you have thought or done. It is our hope that by doing that, you will find out that it's OK and you will stop worrying about yourself, and now be able to enjoy Clay even more. I hope this is a place everyone can come back to as needed.

Rules, rules, rules.... Everyone must promise to be kind, respectful, non-judgemental, and supportive. (Easy for claymaniacs.) Again, this is your place to get something off your chest, or just admit your OCD and accept it. So, let the discussions begin!
Just for fun, if you join in the conversation, you then become an official charter member of the OCD Support Group, and can add that to your signature if you wish. I look forward to each and every one of your posts.
Woodstock
P.S. Please feel free to pm me.

That was the beginning of Session 1.

And now on to Session 136.  WHO WOULD EVER HAVE THOUGHT??? We are moving along. I am SO happy so many of you have stayed around for the long haul, and welcome each and every new friend here. I say WOW!!!!! Good times with good friends. That is what this is all about.

I am no longer including a detailed description of our Therapy Center (just pretend, for those of you that are new.) I will just say that we meet in a Cyber Cottage on a Street With No Name. We have to continue the THUD room, as it is such an important part of our therapy. So please feel free to frequent it as needed. For more details, please read a past thread.(Located in the Archives.) And Pepe did ask for a Cybermaid to come in once a month. These girls have always been high maintenance, but worth it.

As for the rules, these are to keep the place somewhere we all are proud to come to:
I will repeat the rules, because we now have 5!!!

YOU MUST BE: 1. kind 2. respectful 3. non-judgmental 4. supportive
AND 5. YOU MUST NEVER SAY THE "s" word. (sorry). No need to apologize for thoughts and feelings.

And I am going to take it upon myself to add a suggestion (one that many people make to me), but not make it a rule. It is your choice as your time allows. But I am going to say that if you don't have time PLEASE DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO KETCHUP !!! Jump in and say hi, tell us what is up in your Clay world, and have good conversation. Yes, you may miss someone's post, but we never want being here to be so time-consuming that it causes frustration, family problems, or a cause to drive you away. We never want ANYONE to feel they need to address each person. It is simply impossible and no one expects it anymore. If some people choose to do that, it is their choice, but simply not expected. We have grown so big, and happily so!!! So, let's just jump in, read one page behind, and enjoy the conversation. Not a rule!!!! Just something that has been suggested to me many times...

And our OCD pact: No hard feelings if someone doesn't mention you in their post. We are getting far too big for that to ever be a reality again, but we are blessed by many new friends. We are a happy group here. And we intend to keep it that way.

We are a PG thread, we are "family friendly", as Clay would see it, and we do welcome in friends of all ages. If the spirit moves you, and you feel your comments may not be within PG, Claymaniacs does have threads for this.  There is the Black Leather Pants thread and the Motor City Red Thong Mafia thread in Current Community Central, and the Adult Playground forum in Communities. Thank you for understanding this.

People want to have fun here, and we do, don't we??? Let it continue, but we welcome friends of all ages, so let us keep it PG.

So, WELCOME one and all to Session 136 of the OCD Support Group. I hope you are comfortable in our home away from home. Please feel free to join in and be a part of  warm and caring group.

Thanks for hanging around so much that we had to start Session 136.  May the session begin!!!

Love you guys,
Woodstock X136

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:22:24 PM »

We’ve grown to be so big…one big, happy, caring family. Woodstock had asked for a description of our OCD Meetings—but with this thread, thoughts from our members:

WANT TO TELL YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART HOW SPECIAL CLAYMANIACS IS TO ME, BUT MOST ESPECIALLY OUR FAMILY HERE ON THE OCD   .  I HAVE ALWAYS FELT THAT THE OCD IS LIKE A VERY BIG ROUND TABLE  THAT WE ALL ARE  SITTING AT  ; LAUGHING, SHARING OUR RL STORIES OF HAPPY & SAD, SUPPORTING ONE ANOTHER THRU  TOUGH TIMES AND BOTTOM LINE JUST BEING A FAMILY OF CARING FOR EACH OTHER.
I HAVE MET SO MANY OF YOU & SHARED SO MANY HAPPY & WONDERFUL TIMES TOGETHER--I ONLY WISH THAT I COULD MEET YOU ALL.
Angela

Here is a toast to all of you that we may be here for 100 more sessions.  We stick together thru sickness, trouble, happiness and we are always here to pick each other up and put a smile on your face.  I talk to more of my OCD family than I do my own blood relatives.  You are so important to me and are a main part of my life.  I have never received so many cards or gifts before and every day is exciting to see what you are all doing and who needs comforting and who needs feeding.  My heart is full of love for each of you !       

Pepe

Happy 100 Everyone!

Sometimes when I think about coming to Claymaniacs and finding the OCD, it's hard for me to believe that it's been over 2 years since I first started coming here.  Like many of you, I was one of those people who wasn't sure about the feelings I had about how much I enjoyed Clay's music and how I wanted to know so much about him and how I couldn't wait to see him on another show.  I felt like it was an "obsession" and that word doesn't normally have a good connotation.  When I found the OCD and realized that there were many other people with the same "condition" I was so relieved.  I felt welcome here from the very beginning.  I lurked for awhile and then I started PMing with Clandy as we were getting ready for the big North Carolina concert weekend and she convinced me to start posting more.  What a great decision that was!

I have been lucky enough to meet most of the people that post at the OCD.  I have made many, many friends here and was lucky enough to meet one of my best friends here.  It may have been Clay that initially brought us together, but that's not why we stay.  We stay for each other. 

Here's to 100 more sessions!! 

Heater

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT ME- TIMID, SHY, RETIRING- WOULD TRAVEL SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES TO SLEEP WITH TWO STRANGE WOMEN (I MEAN THAT RESPECTFULLY, LINDA AND LORRAINE)

WOMEN WHO BECOME VERY CLOSE FRIENDS- WHO WELCOMED ME WITH OPEN ARMS, WHO LISTENED TO MY MOANS AND GROANS WHEN I WAS DOWN, WHO SUPPORTED ME WHEN I NEEDED IT

AND I FOUND, STRANGELY ENOUGH, THAT THE MORE I POSTED ON THIS BOARD, THE MORE PEOPLE I FOUND THAT WERE JUST THE SAME.
THESE ARE NOT JUST FRIENDS, THEY ARE FAMILY- WE BELONG TO EACH OTHER, THROUGH THICK AND THIN.

AND MY LOVE AND OBSESSION FOR CLAY AIKEN HAS NOT DIMINISHED IN THIS TIME, BUT GROWN STRONGER- AS EACH LAYER OF THE WONDERFUL MAN HE IS BECOMES CLEAR.
NO, HE IS NOT PERFECT, YES, HE MAKES MISTAKES- BUT HE HAS MY HEART FOR AS LONG AS HE WANTS IT.
UNCONDITIONALLY-     Marilyn

"The Starfish Story"

A little girl was walking along a beach that was covered with thousands of starfish left dying in the sun by the receding tide.  Seeking to help, she picked up a starfish and tossed it back into the ocean.

A man, amused by her action, said to her "Little girl, there are too many starfish.  You will never make a difference."  Discouraged, she began to walk away.  Suddenly, she turned around, picked up another starfish, and tossed it as far as she could back into the sea.  Turning to the man, she smiled and said, "I made a difference to that one!"

The man looked at the girl inquisitively and thought about what she had said and done.  Inspired, he joined the little girl in throwing the starfish back into the sea.  Soon others joined, and all the starfish were saved.

Somedays this site can be hard when we come for fun but real life seems to get in the way.  But I truly believe that one of us whether it be a hug, a post, or a little positive comment that we don't make a difference in someones life here.....Lorraine

I sit here remembering janet and all of the friends we had lost.  The love we share is amazing, and I will always be greatful for my firiends here.  I know I have not been able to post as much as I used to. I have this job and it takes all my energy. It seems all I do is  work. I used to post to everyone everyday, and I miss doing that. I want yall to know that yall are my best friends. You have always prayed for me when I asked you to. Never made fun of me because of my size or because of the fact I am on medication for my depression. I sure do love yall and I remember when I was in the hospital for my depression yall never not once cared that I was being treated. All yall cared about was seeing me healthy again...Shannon

This is what the OCD is all about....caring, kindness and sharing Clay in our lives.   Thank you Woody for beginning this thread and thank you to everyone else that weaves the thread to complete the masterpiece I call friendship..XOXOXO  HER

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 12:23:18 PM »

WELCOME TO SESSION 136!!!

May Session 136 be filled with friendship, sharing, and fun!!!! May this always remain a place to share our Claylove, and sometimes obsession.   Wink  May the path to our cottage remain a smooth one.  May past disagreements fade away and new memories and friendships be made. This is my wish for this, and for every session of the OCD Support Group.

Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 12:42:18 PM »

YES I AM DONE WITH FINALS AND I GOT THROUGH MY 1ST SEMESTER OF COLLEGE WAHOO!
 Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!

WAHOO GO ME!!!! LOL!!!

HEY EVERYONE!!!! wave I MISS U GUYS SO MUCH BUT I HAD TO COME ON HERE TO TELL YOU GUYS THAT!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 01:24:29 PM »

WOOT WOOT TO YOU KAT. ROFLMAO CONGRAT

WELL I CAN'T STOP SNEEZING Paranoid I FEEL LIKE I AM TAKING A COLD CHILLED CANNOT GET WARM I NEED A HOT TODDY.sp. HEADACHE.FEEL KINDA FEVERISH OH MY SO MUCH TO DO NEXT WEEK I GUESS I WILL PARK MYSELF ON MY COUCH ALL WEEKEND AND TRY AND RECOUP. NO TIME TO GET THE CRUD.

SLEPT ALL AFTERNOON WITH CALLIE ON MY FEET SHE KEPT THEM WARM. WELL AM GOING BACK TTYL.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »

GLORY, dress warm, turn that heat up and don't you dare get sick!!!!!  Have some nice hot soup.  If I lived closer I would make you a nice pot of chicken soup, there is nothing better!!!

MICHELLE, thanks so much for moving us to a new home, you truly are very much appreciated.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »

wave

Michelle, - thank you for the new session. I hope your flu is gone! I was reading the "old" beginning to the session. So many times I have thought that someone should change Boca's prayer for Laney - good thing no one ever did, since she is having ear surgery again. Boca's prayer was written when Laney was just a baby.

I'm home from running some errands for Lewis. When I got home from that, I took the boys and did some more running around. This is a busy time of year  Paranoid

Prissy - the Pond Club meting sounded like so much fun. That is the same game we play for an Ornament exchange at Rotary.

Jayne - I hope you find that money tree, and I hope you send me some seeds from it!!!!

Sharon - glad to hear that you are better - thank you for the cyber breakfast!

Pepe - did you see the news this morning? They have discovered that women who take supplements for their bones have less breast cancer. I had lunch with our Son yesterday - not today. I hope you found the pie recipe - if not, I can give it to you again.

JoAnn - I hate that Jennie is in pain - hope you were able to find someone to fill that prescription.

Glory - your party sounded like fun, too - hope you are not getting a bad cold.

Kat -  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Congratulations on getting finals over - hope you are loving school.

lolita - Congratulations to your son!  Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Hope no one has any bad effects from the storm - hope the power stayed on for everyone!

I'm off to get some things done here in the house - see you all later!!!!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 02:07:03 PM »

PEPE I BEEN EATING SOUP FOR 3 DAYS I AM GOING TO MAKE A BOWL OF HOT CREAM OF WHEAT, KIDS WILL NOT BE AROUND FOR THE WEEKEND SO I GUESS I WILL WATCH CHRISTMAS MOVIES, I DON'T GET AROUND THEM WHEN I DON'T FEEL WELL ANYWAY.

WELL I AM GOING TO FIX MY CEREAL

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 02:27:10 PM »

Good Afternoon All,

Kat---Yahoo! Way to go!  Now, you need to start coming back here to your "home!" bigsmile

Mom could not get her refill for the Morphine today.  The pill bottle states: Law prohibits unless doctor writes prescription!"  I talked to the pharmacist too, he was sorry but no, he couldn't by law.  He and Sam's Club  would get into trouble.  I was able to pick up her new refill of the sleeping pill that actually works, so maybe that will help tonight.
    We waited all day for the culture results only to call them and find out that it took 48 hours, not 24 to get the results!  Why did they say 24 hours yesterday?  I waited all day to pick them up.  I woke up with a stomach virus feeling, but after staying quiet all day and taking several pepto bismal (sp?) tablets, I'm feeling better.  But when I went to Sam's to pick up Mom's sleeping pills, it was so crowded  that I had to stand on my "boot" a long time and my leg is giving out. 
    I can't see that this boot is doing any good yet.  My foot's sole is still swollen and sore.  I guess that I can't expect it to be healed in 5 days!

Here is a little something for the new session!

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »

FRANKIE, I found the chocolate pie recipe it is on P. 9 of the Recipe thread.  Couldn't make it today though as I didn't have any evaporated  milk in a can to use.  Didn't make it to the store today as My husband said I didn't need to be out it was so cold.  When he doesn't want to go anywhere he uses my health to stay home.    He really can make me very angry doing this.  Okay lack of oxygen to the brain I forgot you had lunch  yesterday with son. 

GLORY, cream of wheat is good, I used to like Malt o Meal also when my kids were little.

Have a good night off I go to get myself ready for the night!

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 05:16:01 PM »

wave  Just stopping by to thank LOLITA for always caring about me.  I apologize for not responding to your posts, but I continue to feel that I'm no longer welcome here.  The thread seems to be much happier without my posting here, so I'm OK with just staying away.  Thank you for the Christmas card, my friend.  I promise to get some sort of cards out after we return from our cruise.

JOANN, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's health setbacks.   I am especially sad to hear about the stress fracture in your foot.  Please, dear Joann, don't let this discourage you from continuing on your path to fitness.  You have been such an inspiration to me and to others; and you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.  You are such a valiant and kind-hearted woman. Can you tell that I'm one of your biggest fans???  Laughing  Huggles

PRISSY, thank you so much for the collage Christmas card.  I will frame it and treasure it always as a reminder of good times in Raleigh with very special, kind, thoughtful friends like you and Joann.   Huggles   

Phil and I just returned from across state after finally placing my aunt with Alzheimer's into a Medicaid nursing home.  To say that this facility is "nice" would definitely be a stretch.  But, sigh, at least it is fairly clean and the staff seems to be wonderful.  There was a lot of paperwork involved in getting her registered there and for her future status as a Medicaid patient (within 2 weeks she will have depleted all of her own funds).  We moved her from the Assisted Living Facility and then unpacked her few things.  So many of her clothes were raggedy, so we went to Target and were able to find about 6 new two-piece warm jog suits as well as four warm pairs of PJ's for her.  It was very sad to try to fit what is left of her worldly possessions into a three-drawer dresser and a 3-foot wide closet.  The two things that she seems to want to cuddle with were her little teddy bear and a beautiful hand-made wool blanket.  She is now like a little vulnerable child;  this is what Alzheimer's does to it's victims.   My heart is now aching for her, but I know some of you here on the OCD have been through this same experience and can understand how I am feeling right now.

I wish each and every one of you love and joy during this beautiful Christmas season.  Huggles  Take care.

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 06:16:02 PM »

Just popping in to say Goodnight. I have had surprise out of town visitors

today, it was lovely but I am so tired now I am going to bed.

Frankie,
                     I did taLK TO sHIRL last night, it was so nice to know she
           was having a good day.     

Betty
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 06:30:13 PM »

Hi everybody!!  Thank you so much for the Christmas  cards!  You have no idea how much they mean to me!!   Love you all!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 07:07:02 PM »

Good Evening!

I am putting pictures into Photobucket and also I just watched the Carrie Underwood Special.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and Carrie had some beautiful clothes.  I thought her "O Holy Night" was lovely except for her breaking the word "divine" at the end of the piece with a breath.  shock

I enjoyed seeing Dolly Parton.  Dolly has never had a strong voice and I think it is starting to fade some.  I did think her duet with Carrie went better than her solo.  But how can we hear "I Will Always Love You," without thinking of Whitney Houston's powerful rendition?  (Dolly looked like she has had some more "work" done on her face!  It's looking a little "tight.")  Wink

Most shocking thing about the special was that Kristen Chenoweth, who has one of the best voices I've ever heard, was not given a solo of her own!  The best voice on the show doesn't get to do more than sing in that "50's" type trio.    Maybe comparisons would have been made with her voice and Carrie's??  Dolly did say she would like Kristen to play her in a movie.  I don't know if Kristen could copy Dolly's voice??  But she is a good actress.

Thea,
I know it has been an ordeal getting your aunt situated into a facility that will give her the care she needs.  I hope you know that you and your hubby are blessed for being there for her when she needed you.
I'm glad you like the collage.  I thought you might enjoy the memory of the wonderful time we had at the Gala.

JoAnn,
I'm glad you tried to get the prescriptions.  Such a shame that no one would step up at the pharmacy or doctor's office to help.  I hope Jennie has a comfortable weekend.  What about asking the pharmacist for something over the counter that might help with Jennie's pain? 

Betty,
I am going to think of you as the "Two Dessert Lady!"  Laughing  I had chocolate cake at a luncheon yesterday, and chocolate pecan pie at the Pond Party last night!!  Also, chocolate cake at our church's Wednesday Soul Food dinner!! 

Frankie,
Thank you for the lovely card.  I like all the names included! Wink  It sounds like you and Lewis are having some busy times, too.

Pepe,
I think Frankie's chocolate pie is very close to the chocolate pie my mother used to make.  And that reminds me of another gift to mention to Jayne.....

Jayne,
One of my nieces found and gathered all of my mother's recipes, typed them up and made them into a Cook Booklet for all of us one Christmas.  You might do something like this for Scooter and maybe Kyle, too.

Lolita,
We know you are busy;  don't worry about long posts.  Just pop in when you can.  Hug

Skip and I did go out again today;  first to Frys, where he bought computer stuff and I found some more CD's for gifts.  Then to Costco where THERE WAS NO MOTORIZED CART available for him!! shock  He had to WALK in the store.  I was looking for a certain book I had read to give as gifts and they were all sold out!  We did buy a few things.  We stopped at Central Market where we bought some spices, and Skip did find a motorized cart in the parking lot to use in the store!    A stop at Kohl's for a gift card and another gift,  then Walgreen's and then we went home.  (Every place we stopped we saw someone we knew!!)

Now, I did get some Christmas cards and will start on those tonight or maybe tomorrow!  A wedding in Weatherford tomorrow at a private home and then I play in the orchestra for three Christmas services at a church in Keller on Sunday morning. 

I am still putting photos into PHotobucket, but here are some pictures of my "famous" Gala table from last Sunday.  There are actually three round red tablecloths draped on the table.  Those are my holly dishes I have had for a very long time, and the centerpiece is the cupcake tree holder with Christmas picks and poinsettias.

(clickable)

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 07:14:24 PM »

Thea---Thank you!  Yep, I'm going to have to be your treadmill angel without getting on one myself for the next 3 weeks.  I'm still going to my trainer on Mondays and Wednesday to work  out as much as possible on the upper body.  There went my goal of getting into my size 10 jeans for Christmas.  Maybe      by Valentine's Day.
  So sorry to hear about your aunt.  Hope that they treat her well and safe.

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »

DEAR FRIENDS

THE OCD HAS MEANT SO MUCH TO ME.
I CANNOT BELIEVE WE HAVE MADE SO MANY FRIENDSHIPS IN SO SHORT A TIME.
I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU ALL A GREAT, BIG HUG.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WITH ME THROUGH THICK AND THROUGH THIN AND THAT IS TRUE FRIENDSHIP. SOMETIMES WHEN WE MENTION SOMETHING AND IT GOES UNANSWERED , IT IS THAT REAL LIFE GETS IN THE WAY. I TRY TO REMEMBER ALL THE TRIALS EVERYONE IS GOING THROUGH AND MY MEMORY JUST IS NTO THAT GOOD. BUT I LOVE YOU ALL. EVERYONE OF YOU!!!!

PRISSY
LOVE THE PICTURES OF THE BEAUTIFUL DECORATED TABLES.

AND ALL THE NEAT CARDS THAT WERE SENT, THANK YOU. WILL PM YOU FOR A BETTER THANK YOU.

GOTTA GO, MY BED IS CALLING ME.

LUV AND HUGS
JEANNE AKA JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 07:33:55 PM »

wave

Coming on to say Good Night. We have just vegged in front of the TV tonight - we realized that we somehow FORGOT to watch our favorite show Wednesday (Friday Night Lights) - good thing I record it. We still have not watched Carrie's Christmas Special - too much real life going on.

Thea - I worried about you crossing the State to take care of your Aunt - I was afraid you were caught up in that blizzard. Glad your Aunt is settled. Alzheimer's is one of the worst diseases ever. So sad to see someone you love slip away - even from themselves.

Prissy - your Gala table is absolutelybeautiful - the cupcake tree made a wonderful centerpiece  Clapping Clapping Clapping

wave lori!

Betty - I was happy to hear Shirl so happy, too. Glad you had a nice visit with friends - hope all is going well for your dinner next weekend - our kids and grandkids will be here next weekend, too, so I have less than a week to get everything done.  Jaw drop! I am determined to get everything wrapped by this Monday - that will leave only the cleaning and cooking to be done.

JoAnn - still no exercise for me this week - unless you count all of the walking to get Christmas done. Weigh in may not be pretty next Wednesday - the day my "offical" weight gets written on my calendar!

Good Night, OCD - sweet dreams.

EDIT - Jeanne - we are posting at the same time! Hope you sleep well.  Huggles

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 07:46:28 PM »

Thank you, JOANN, PRISSY and FRANKIE.   Thanks for caring enough to attempt to understand what's been going on in my life lately.   Huggles Huggles Huggles

JEANNE, your words ring so true.   Huggles

I really feel bad that I didn't sign up for the Christmas card list this year, but I was feeling overwhelmed in November.  Please forgive me for being so neglectful of people that I do care about.  I will try to do better.  It's looking like Christmas cards will be New Years cards this year!! 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »

P.S.  FRANKIE.  We actually ended up leaving very early Thursday morning, so we missed driving through Wednesday's blizzard;  however, it was extremely cold (near 0 degree temps) and as we approached the west end of the state near the Mississippi river, there was a lot of blowing snow on the road.  It was frightening to see several jackknifed trucks as well as abandoned cars.   Thanks for worrying about us;  Huggles we had to be there for my aunt, so we did what we had to do.  I'm sure anybody here would have done the same thing.

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 04:51:58 AM »

DUDLEY, sure hope you are feeling better today.  I hate it that you have felt so bad this past week.  Here is a hug  Huggles for you my friend.  Stay warm and rest some more.  Hopefully you will be feeling better by Christmas.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 94 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx