gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 471
Total: 471

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DEC. 9  (Read 1765 times)
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« on: December 09, 2009, 04:07:38 AM »

wave

If you didn't already know, Clay blogged last night. If you are not a member of the OFC, his blog has been posted in its entirety at MyNC.com.

Clapping Clapping

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 04:14:39 AM »

These three are all stories about Clay and the challenge of his voter registration. Click on the links to read the articles. Smile

Clay Aiken speaking out for schools ~WTVD
Aiken to change his voter registration ~News & Observer
Wake Board of Election to review Clay Aiken vote challenge ~WRAL

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 09:16:35 AM »

Here's the outcome of today's meeting  and a link...

www.wral.com/news/local/story/6577916/

Clay Aiken withdraws Wake voter registration

Posted: Today at 4:01 a.m.
Updated: 4 minutes ago

RALEIGH, N.C. — Raleigh native and former "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken has withdrawn his voter registration in Wake County, following a challenge to whether the singer is eligible to vote there.

Aiken sent a letter to the Wake County Board of Elections, which scheduled a meeting Wednesday to examine a complaint from Wake Republican Party Chairman Claude Pope.

Pope filed the complaint last month, after Aiken called candidates for the county school board "selfish idiots." He has said the challenge isn't about Aiken's words but making sure people are lawfully registered.

Aiken was not in attendance at Wednesday's meeting, in which Pope testified that Aiken voted this fall in Raleigh after he bought a house in nearby Chatham County.

The Wake residence, where he was registered to vote, is owned by Aiken's mother, Faye Parker, Pope told the board, and although the Chatham home is owned by a trust, mortgage documents require it to be Aiken's principal residence.

In a blog entry posted Monday on his Web site, Aiken said he remained registered at the "permanent address that I've long used here in Wake County because I consider Raleigh home."

"While I believe my registration is perfectly valid, I've decided to change my registration from Wake County rather than get into a technical dispute," he wrote.

The elections board concluded that Aiken did vote improperly but that he has avoided any future problems by withdrawing his registration.

"Sometimes, people don't understand the law," board chair Sharon Everett said. "There was no intention of law-breaking. I think this should be over and done today."

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »

Here's another, and the link:

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/story/6582346/

Aiken takes name off voter list, ending NC probe

By GARY D. ROBERTSON

Posted: 40 minutes ago

RALEIGH, N.C. — A North Carolina election board has determined there's evidence showing former "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken may have voted illegally in Wake County this fall. But officials don't plan further action.

The county elections board voted unanimously Wednesday to end its investigation at a preliminary hearing because Aiken wrote a letter asking officials to remove him from their voting rolls, making the issue moot.

The local Republican Party chairman filed a complaint because Aiken voted in Wake County elections even though he has a house in adjoining Chatham County. Aiken has criticized local school board candidates.

Wake County GOP Chairman Claude Pope said after the hearing he was happy with the outcome.

Aiken didn't attend the meeting.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx