gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:25:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 476
Total: 476

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOV. 30  (Read 2041 times)
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« on: November 30, 2009, 10:08:13 AM »

Clay!

Clay Aiken turns 31 Monday (Nov. 30) and he's set a precedent for Adam Lambert.

Not only is Aiken gay, but finishing as an "American Idol" runner-up did little to hurt his career success.

Aiken has had a busy six years since "Idol" ended. He went multi-platinum with "Measure of a Man," came out of the closet, became a dad, appeared as a guest star on "Scrubs" and even had a Broadway run as Sir Robin in "Monty Python's Spamalot."

So what's Aiken been up to lately?

Read the rest at Zap2It

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »

From 'Idol' to Angel: Taylor Hicks goes for 'Grease'

"American Idol" has proven a starmaker for its winner and many of its runners-up, but not every former idol can duplicate the mainstream chart career of a Carrie Underwood. That's where Broadway comes in.

In 2008 Clay Aiken made his Broadway debut in "Monty Python's Spamalot." Fantasia Barrino did a stint as Celie in "The Color Purple." Even "AI" castoff Frenchie Davis turned rejection into a stage career in "Rent" and "Dreamgirls." Now Season 5 winner Taylor Hicks is taking his turn as "Grease's" Teen Angel, the role Frankie Avalon made famous in the 1978 movie.

Charlotte Observer

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »

Happy Birthday, Clay Aiken!
November 30th, 2009 8:38 AM by Hilton Hater Tags: Celebrity Birthdays, Clay Aiken
Before Adam Lambert, there was Clay Aiken.

Both artists rose to fame on American Idol; both finished second to artists that are unlikely to have more successful careers than these runner-ups; and both are gay.

The latter item is utterly irrelevant, but it does give Lambert and Aiken even more in common. That, however, is where the comparisons ends.

While the former superstar flaunts his sexuality and is known for flamboyant, controversial performances, the latter has quietly carved out a productive career for himself on Broadway and on the sales charts.

Aiken turns 31 today.

THE HOLLYWOOD GOSSIP

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx