gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOV. 25  (Read 2431 times)
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« on: November 25, 2009, 05:40:20 AM »

wave

Better late than never:

Clay Aiken's National Inclusion Project wins charity contest

Clay Aiken's National Inclusion Project has won $10,000 dollars thanks to the Christie Cookie Charity Contest.

Decided by online votes, the Christie Cookie Charity Giveaway donates the money to the charity that gets the most support. This year, that was the National Inclusion project, co-founded by Clay Aiken. The foundation works to help children with disabilities feel included by doing what other children can. 

In a news article on Clay Aiken's official website, it read, "Thanks to everyone that voted in the Christie Cookie Charity Giveaway. Your votes were enough to put us back in the top spot!! A $10,000 check was presented to the National Inclusion Project last weekend at their annual gala. This would not have been possible without you all."

Examiner.com

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 05:42:11 AM »

NC Idol finalists touted for their success

Former American Idol contestants dominated the American Music Awards performances last night, which ended with a controversial number by 2009 runner-up Adam Lambert.  CNN marked the occasion today with a slide show featuring successful finalists who didn't win the show entitled, "It pays to be an 'Idol' loser."  Of the seven who are featured, four are from North Carolina.

<snip>

Of Raleigh's Clay Aiken, who has recorded four albums and an EP, toured eight times, written a NY Times bestseller, and starred on Broadway in "Spamalot" since coming in second in 2003, CNN says he "took his reality show loss and turned it into pop stardom."

Examiner.com

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 05:43:36 AM »

Adam Lambert Leads His Own Gay Rebellion

Lambert competed in Fox television’s “American Idol” talent contest and unlike previous contestant, Clay Aiken, made no effort to hide the fact that he was homosexual.

The Improper

~ Lindsay ~

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 05:44:49 AM »

New Releases, Nov. 23-24: Adam Lambert, Susan Boyle, Tom Petty

The 2009 "American Idol" runner-up--arguably the most buzzed-about second-place "A.I." finisher since Clay Aiken in 2003--will try to live up to all the immense hype with the release of his major-label debut. "For Your Entertainment" hits stores Nov. 23.

Live Daily

~ Lindsay ~

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 05:46:05 AM »

Next up, Adam Lambert's 'For Your Entertainment'

Adam definitely has an advantage here in that his album is being released Thanksgiving week and will be available Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year! That should certainly push him past the 100K mark. Of course, Kris will also benefit from the shopping frenzy and in order to truly dominate, Adam's sales will have to continue to hold steady. Still, if Adam can surpass Kris the first week out, he will become the first 'Idol' runner-up to do so since Season 2's Clay Aiken bested winner Ruben Studdard in the race for chart dominance!

Syracuse.com

~ Lindsay ~

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 05:47:15 AM »

HOBBIES
HARASSING CLAY AIKEN MOST GOP FUN SINCE WOLF HUNTING LEGALIZED
The head of the Republican Party in Wake County, N.C., wants election officials to check on Clay Aiken's registration. County GOP Chairman Claude Pope filed a complaint Friday challenging whether Aiken can vote lawfully in the county. Records show Aiken voted last month using the address of his mother's home in Raleigh, where he once lived. He now has a house in nearby Chatham County. Aiken blogged last week that candidates who won Wake County school board elections are "selfish idiots" who may ruin the school system.

Express Night Out

~ Lindsay ~

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 05:49:33 AM »

Some radio commentator in NC spoke about Clay...here's the link...hang in through the Sarah Palin stuff...about 1/2 way through...

http://billlumaye.blogspot.com/2009/11/internet-sensation-bob-lee.html

Here is a synopsis from me myb from CV:

Not sure if this was answered but to paraphrase:
Bob Lee said he admires Clay Aiken, has no problem with what Clay believes about anything and that Clay has been a tribute to the community and is very talented.
Bill thinks Clay is entitled to his opinions whether those opinions are the same as Bill's or not!
Bill admires Clay's talent and has no problem with Clay's lifestyle or anything else.

Bill's problem is with the N&O pulling combustible phrases out of Clay's fan blog and putting them over school board headlines simply to make an already combustible issue (the school board elections) even more inflammatory. Bill thought that was disgusting!
Bill said "GOD BLESS CLAY AIKEN!"
He then went on to ask why weren't other celebrities of the area quoted? Clay did not volunteer his opinion to the N&O, nor did the N&O interview Clay, but instead they pulled some phrases from his fan blog!
Bill told the Editor of the N&O that it was disgusting of them to do that.

~ Lindsay ~

Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 07:12:37 AM »

AI5 Finale graphic by Sally

Clay Keeps Water Cooler Prize

The antics from Sunday’s American Music Awards finale have been fodder for much discussion, but it is doubtful this event will come close to the “Best Water Cooler Moment Ever” -- Clay’s AI5 Finale performance of DLTSGDOM.

In recalling Clay's water cooler moment, the Carolina blog also features two videos (one with the Charlotte DJ's) and clickable graphics by Sally, cindilu2, and AmazingCA. Thank you for your visits and comments.

Safe travels, and Happy Thanksgiving Eve, all! 

Caro

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx