gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 425
Total: 425

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCT 19  (Read 1718 times)
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« on: October 19, 2009, 05:30:12 AM »

wave Good morning! If you didn't already know:

Christie Cookies Announces Winning Charities in $25,000 Giveaway
Top Prize to Clay Aiken's National Inclusion Project

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Christie Cookies (www.christiecookies.com) today announced the 12 winning charities in its $25,000 Charity Giveaway, with the top prize of $10,000 going to the National Inclusion Project, co-founded by Clay Aiken and Diane Bubel.

The check was presented Saturday night at the National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala in Raleigh, N.C. Aiken and Bubel accepted the check on behalf of the organization, which is dedicated to inclusion and empowerment for individuals with disabilities.

"We've been fortunate and wanted to celebrate our 25th anniversary by giving something to nonprofits that help people every day," said Fleming Wilt, president of The Christie Cookie Company. "So we held an online contest to let customers vote for causes they love. We're thrilled that more than 300,000 people visited our website to vote, and we congratulate all the winners."

Bubel said, "It was so wonderful to see our supporters get behind this, get excited and help raise funds for the project."

The second prize of $5,000 went to the Child Advocacy Center of Rutherford County, Tenn., which helps abused and neglected children and their families.

Ten other charities each won a $1,000 check. They are:
    --  Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, Lenexa, Kan.
    --  Young Singers Foundation, Tulsa, Okla.
    --  Liz Logelin Foundation, Minnetonka, Minn.
    --  Tupelo Children's Mansion, Tupelo, Miss.
    --  Coffee County Children's Advocacy Center, Manchester, Tenn.
    --  United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation, Pittsburgh, Pa.
    --  MarineParents.com , Columbia, Mo.
    --  Ronald McDonald House, Winston-Salem, N.C .
    --  St Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tenn.
    --  Kyle David Miller Foundation, Golden, Colo.

"Thanks to everyone who voted," said Wilt. "We know these organizations need support and we are happy to help."

Reuters

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:23:55 AM »

Clay Aiken's charity aims to expand

RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. -- The charity co-founded by Clay Aiken, the Raleigh native and American Idol runner-up, has changed its name to better reflect its mission of integrating children with disabilities into school, after-school and summer-camp activities.

Formerly known as the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, the Research Triangle Park-based National Inclusion Project also is stepping up its efforts to better promote its work and generate more contributions to support its programs.

"Our challenge is building awareness not only about what we do but who we are, and through that awareness getting people who will support us and help others and really make a difference," says Jerry Aiken, who is Clay Aiken's uncle and executive director of the nonprofit.

Based on a senior project Clay Aiken worked on at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, where he majored in special education, he launched the nonprofit in July 2003 with Diane Bubel, the mother of a young man with disabilities Aiken had worked with as part of his student project.

When Aiken mentioned his student project during an American Idol broadcast in the spring of 2003, fans contributed roughly $50,000, even though he had not yet formed the nonprofit.

The National Inclusion Project receives support through revenue generated by Aiken's fans wrapping gifts in their local communities, and through an annual gala in Raleigh and annual golf tournament in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.

Visit Philanthropy Journal to read the rest.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx