gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 433
Total: 433

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK, OCTOBER 8TH  (Read 2026 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: October 08, 2009, 06:24:10 AM »

Volley for the Cause

Published: Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 4:30 a.m.

For the past 50 years, the Henderson County YMCA has been here off Sixth Avenue, helping members stay fit with a workout room, gym, swimming pool, tennis courts and a variety of sporting activities for all ages.

On Saturday, it plans a rare splurge, offering the community ice cream and other tasty treats as it celebrates its Golden Anniversary.

Entertainment includes performances by Pat's School of Dance, folk singer Elaine Anderson and Appalachian Fire and a musician.

There will be sack races and also a free round-robin tennis tournament.

Operations Manager Jennifer Hastings said invitations were sent out to several area dignitaries, including Rep. Heath Shuler.

"We haven't heard back from a lot of those people yet, so they may or may not come." Either way, a fun day is expected.

Those who can't make it to the fun can hear coverage on the radio. WHKP will have a live remote from 9 to 11 a.m., and WTZQ will follow from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The YMCA has been helping people stay fit since it was founded in London in 1844. Since then it has branched out all over the world, and many famous people have passed through its doors.

Athletes include Rocky Marciano, Wilt Chamberlain, Frank Robinson, David Thompson, Lennox Lewis and most recently, Tony Hawk. Musicians were John Lennon, Harry Connick Jr., Clay Aiken and Britney Spears, and past presidents include Bill Clinton, George Bush and Ronald Reagan.

Read the rest at www.blueridgenow.com

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 06:57:54 AM »

Um, isnt't John Lennon and  Rocky Marciano, Frank Robinson dead?  Is this a practical joke?

Proud owner of 2 scoops of the "Vanilla Revolution"
A Founding member of the "Claygirls"
FOR JULIE, JJ, AND LIZ, CAROL, KRIS,OUR CLAYMANIAC ANGELS.
PRAYERS FOR  ALLI Huggles
COME TO THE DARKSIDE, WE GOT COOKIES..Wink
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 07:34:44 AM »

Um, isnt't John Lennon and  Rocky Marciano, Frank Robinson dead?  Is this a practical joke?

Nope.

The YMCA has been helping people stay fit since it was founded in London in 1844. Since then it has branched out all over the world, and many famous people have passed through its doors.

Athletes include Rocky Marciano, Wilt Chamberlain, Frank Robinson, David Thompson, Lennox Lewis and most recently, Tony Hawk. Musicians were John Lennon, Harry Connick Jr., Clay Aiken and Britney Spears, and past presidents include Bill Clinton, George Bush and Ronald Reagan.

They're just saying the people listed are some of the people who have used the YMCA, not that they are going to be performing at the event.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 08:39:36 AM »

Hello, ANN!   wave

Yesterday I posted about the new Clay blogs. Today there are two with an add to one:

Clay Aiken News Network: An overview of current/upcoming fundraisers for the National Inclusion Project.

Clay Aiken News: Info on America's Giving Challenge.

My own blog, Carolina On My Mind, stays up for three days and features the National Inclusion Project's four-star rating, the charity giveaway, Gala auction, cindilu2's October calendar, and (TOT) something I forgot to mention -- new pix of my grandchildren, Kai and Lia!    Wink

We thank you for your visits, comments, and support. Have a wonderful day! 

Caro

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx