gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:19:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 31:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 244699 times)
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1840 on: December 09, 2009, 09:04:04 AM »

It sure is a tempest in a teapot as my Grandma used to say...not the school issues...but this whole thing about Clay's voting registration et al...I do believe there are minimal sanctions for voting in the wrong place as vs. voting more than once.  Clay only voted once...IMO he's got first rate legal support...ie extricating Clay from a supposedly airtight AI contract and all...so, I think he's being well advised about this fiasco.  I do believe the Raleigh house is in his name as well as his mother's...that should help. 

Short of busing, I hope Wake County continues to promote diversity.  It makes a difference in the lives of our children.  I speak from personal experience.  I remember a church choir exchange in which my parents sang at church in a black ghetto area in LA, and were invited to dinner by the parishioners. That was followed by an invitation to those choir members to come to our church, and come to dinner, too.  A fabulous black family came to our house.  (The first time any persons of color were seen visiting anyone on our block.)  I can still remember how nice they were...(the father declined...he was too afraid to appear in an all white area...wow...)...and I also remember how upset some of our neighbors became...worried that my parents were selling the house to this family!  (my folks were planning a move out of state...which didn't happen for another five years...)  Shortly after this, that powerful movie came out..."Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"  and then the civil rights movement.  What an era it was.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1841 on: December 09, 2009, 09:16:57 AM »

Here's the outcome of today's meeting  and a link...

www.wral.com/news/local/story/6577916/

Clay Aiken withdraws Wake voter registration

Posted: Today at 4:01 a.m.
Updated: 4 minutes ago

RALEIGH, N.C. — Raleigh native and former "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken has withdrawn his voter registration in Wake County, following a challenge to whether the singer is eligible to vote there.

Aiken sent a letter to the Wake County Board of Elections, which scheduled a meeting Wednesday to examine a complaint from Wake Republican Party Chairman Claude Pope.

Pope filed the complaint last month, after Aiken called candidates for the county school board "selfish idiots." He has said the challenge isn't about Aiken's words but making sure people are lawfully registered.

Aiken was not in attendance at Wednesday's meeting, in which Pope testified that Aiken voted this fall in Raleigh after he bought a house in nearby Chatham County.

The Wake residence, where he was registered to vote, is owned by Aiken's mother, Faye Parker, Pope told the board, and although the Chatham home is owned by a trust, mortgage documents require it to be Aiken's principal residence.

In a blog entry posted Monday on his Web site, Aiken said he remained registered at the "permanent address that I've long used here in Wake County because I consider Raleigh home."

"While I believe my registration is perfectly valid, I've decided to change my registration from Wake County rather than get into a technical dispute," he wrote.

The elections board concluded that Aiken did vote improperly but that he has avoided any future problems by withdrawing his registration.

"Sometimes, people don't understand the law," board chair Sharon Everett said. "There was no intention of law-breaking. I think this should be over and done today."

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1842 on: December 09, 2009, 09:47:12 AM »

NOW, THIS FEELS HOMOPHOBIC TO ME.  KISSES ARE NOT.  THIS IS.  THE SAD THING IS THAT CLAY LOVES HIS TOWN AND STATE.  MY FEELING IS THAT HE MAY NOT FEEL SO GOOD ABOUT HIS HOME TOWN AFTER MR. POPE IS FINISHED.  AND I DO AGREE THAT swampthing IS ALWAYS BEHIND THIS SH*T. 

GWENN

Thought you'd love this!  lol lol lol   (good grief ...this makes three posts in a row...a first for me...but I just had to share this!)

From WRAL:

"Based upon online records it appears that senior Pope's son, Claude E. Pope III, is still registered to vote as living at a house his mommy and daddy sold on 04-dec-2008."

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1843 on: December 09, 2009, 10:16:04 AM »

"Sometimes, people don't understand the law," board chair Sharon Everett said. "There was no intention of law-breaking. I think this should be over and done today."
Yay for Sharon Everett. At least someone over there has a clue about what's important--and what isn't.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1844 on: December 09, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »

Yay for Sharon Everett. At least someone over there has a clue about what's important--and what isn't.

I totally agree, Sunny!

There is an article that the case has been dismissed, but I dont have the link at the moment.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1845 on: December 09, 2009, 10:49:54 AM »

Thought you'd love this!  lol lol lol   (good grief ...this makes three posts in a row...a first for me...but I just had to share this!)

From WRAL:

"Based upon online records it appears that senior Pope's son, Claude E. Pope III, is still registered to vote as living at a house his mommy and daddy sold on 04-dec-2008."

See that? Pope's own son did the same thing!! Lets see anyone make a big deal of this- its asinine and a waste of time.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1846 on: December 09, 2009, 11:13:37 AM »

Here it is Marilyn...:

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/story/6582346/

Aiken takes name off voter list, ending NC probe

By GARY D. ROBERTSON

Posted: 40 minutes ago

RALEIGH, N.C. — A North Carolina election board has determined there's evidence showing former "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken may have voted illegally in Wake County this fall. But officials don't plan further action.

The county elections board voted unanimously Wednesday to end its investigation at a preliminary hearing because Aiken wrote a letter asking officials to remove him from their voting rolls, making the issue moot.

The local Republican Party chairman filed a complaint because Aiken voted in Wake County elections even though he has a house in adjoining Chatham County. Aiken has criticized local school board candidates.

Wake County GOP Chairman Claude Pope said after the hearing he was happy with the outcome.

Aiken didn't attend the meeting.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1847 on: December 09, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »

More of a fuss has been made over one person voting illegally than over the fact that thousands didn't vote at all.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1848 on: December 09, 2009, 11:32:29 AM »

More of a fuss has been made over one person voting illegally than over the fact that thousands didn't vote at all.

So true!!

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #1849 on: December 09, 2009, 01:26:10 PM »

I will admit that one of the local TV channels(14) did show some mighty fine clips of Clay in concert,with his red striped shirt & red tie on..Mighty fine indeed.  Thud!

Also Wral played DSIAFCD this afternoon(2:26)and afterward Diane Ramsey said, He use to be a local boy, but now he's moved his voter registeration out of Wake Co....WELL, DUH!!!

Hopefully its over and done with. Now Clay needs to consentrate on working on that album,and not have anymore distractions JMO

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #1850 on: December 09, 2009, 02:08:34 PM »

My house is smelling really good ..Cooking a pot of pinto beans, ham slices ,a pan of cornbread,coleslaw & cooked apples. DH Roger says YUM! YUM!

Wish you all were here to enjoy it with us.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1851 on: December 09, 2009, 02:25:47 PM »

THANK GOD THIS MESS IS OVER.  LORD, CLAY SURE CAN CAUSE A STINK. 

THIS, MY LOVE, IS THE TRUEST STATEMENT OF ALL. Huggles Clapping

SAWTHE BLIND SIDE AND LOVED EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT.  IT IS A MUST SEE.  I AM NOT A SANDRA BULLOCK FAN BUT SHE WAS FABULOUS.  THE WHOLE MOVIE WAS FABULOUS.

THEN WE DID SOME ERRANDS.  I AM POOPED.  I THINK I AM GONNA ORDER IN CHINESE.  TIRED OF COOKING AND EVEN MORE TIRED OF EATING HEALTHY. 

BUT, MARLENE--THAT CORNBREAD SOUNDS VERY, VERY GOOD TO ME.  ONLY SOUTHERNERS MAKE IT RIGHT.  JMHO

I NEED TO FIND MY MCWL CD AND LISTEN TO SOME CLAY SINGING DSIAFCD TO ME.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1852 on: December 10, 2009, 07:23:00 AM »

I can't believe no one is posting so I removed my post from yesterday as no one ever posted after me, hopefully that will help!!!!  I try and post here once in a while but very seldom ever get any responses so I guess I will stop trying.  I am always at the OCD or the RTM so hope you come and visit sometime. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1853 on: December 10, 2009, 07:46:14 AM »

I can't believe no one is posting so I removed my post from yesterday as no one ever posted after me, hopefully that will help!!!!  I try and post here once in a while but very seldom ever get any responses so I guess I will stop trying.  I am always at the OCD or the RTM so hope you come and visit sometime. 

Pepe, please come back and post here!   wave  Huggles ...CMer's sometimes get caught up in RL activities and it gets pretty quiet here...and then the thread is in full swing again...with numerous posts per day.  We haven't had the pleasure of meeting...I look forward to that!  After visiting the OCD thread and becoming acquainted with you in a cyberspace fashion, if you will, you have a real admirer in me...I am so in awe with how you hang in and cope with your medical challenges.  For me, personally, other than a couple of posts about the voting...I, myself, haven't been real active anywhere on the site...I intend to visit the OCD thread and get caught up...and also post some of the latest over here, too. 

This is a family of Clay fans at this site...and everyone, you too, matters.  And, soon...just a few weeks, in 2010 our darling Clay will be active again and won't that be fabulous!

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1854 on: December 10, 2009, 07:55:11 AM »

MORNING--

MY HOUSE IS CLEAN.  MY HANUKKAH GIFTS ARE WRAPPED.  MY BILLS ARE DONE.  PRODUCTIVE MORNING FOR ME.  (I DIDN'T DO THE CLEANING BUT I HELPED.)  MAH JONGG THIS AFTERNOON AND A FEW LAST MINUTE ERRANDS. 

CANNOT BELIEVE VOTERGATE IS STILL BEING REPORTED.  I JUST SAW THIS AT CV.  OY.  IT ISN'T A BIG DEAL FOR HEAVEN SAKE.

NOW, I THINK WE ALL NEED SOME CLAY NEWS.  IT IS DULL, BORING, AND ANNOYING IN CLAYLAND THESE DAYS.  YES, WE GOT A GREAT BLOG.  ARTICULATE AND INTELLIGENT.  BUT WE NEED SOME INFO ON THIS CD AND WE NEED IT NOW.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1855 on: December 10, 2009, 08:45:49 AM »

HI EVERYONE!

I'm back! Four months with no cable and internet at home and I'm BACK!

Gwenn, Happy HANUKKAH!

I was going to make Bruce a brisket on Sunday but I have to work so I'm making it for him on Tuesday!

Oh but I've missed you all!

Huggles Purple Banana

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
LOVE CLAY
Claymation

« Reply #1856 on: December 10, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »

Hi PEPE and AIKENSEEKER wave  Huggles

Rosemary
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1857 on: December 10, 2009, 03:04:09 PM »

WELL, THINGS ARE PRETTY SAD WHEN I SEE JAYMES MORE THAN CLAY.

TURNED ON DR. PHIL.  HE DID A HOLIDAY THING.  THERE WAS DF AND ANDREA BOCELLI AT DAVID'S DINNER TABLE.  AND, LO AND BEHOLD, NEXT TO NATALIE COLE IS JAYMES.  NO CLAY.  JAYMES.  A.N.N.O.Y.I.N.G.  HE IS GALLAVANTING AROUND EUROPE WITH SOME GUY AND JAYMES IS ON NATIONAL TV JUST SITTING THERE. 

ENOUGH ALREADY.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1858 on: December 10, 2009, 03:50:26 PM »

WELL, THINGS ARE PRETTY SAD WHEN I SEE JAYMES MORE THAN CLAY.

TURNED ON DR. PHIL.  HE DID A HOLIDAY THING.  THERE WAS DF AND ANDREA BOCELLI AT DAVID'S DINNER TABLE.  AND, LO AND BEHOLD, NEXT TO NATALIE COLE IS JAYMES.  NO CLAY.  JAYMES.  A.N.N.O.Y.I.N.G.  HE IS GALLAVANTING AROUND EUROPE WITH SOME GUY AND JAYMES IS ON NATIONAL TV JUST SITTING THERE. 
The cad!

Actually, Clay seems to have a pretty good arrangement going. He gets to be a parent when he wants to, and he gets to fly around the world, pursuing his career goals and living life as a single guy when he wants to.

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1859 on: December 10, 2009, 06:01:31 PM »

I am still among the living but I'm not sure I can say as much for my computer.  It hasn't worked since Monday night and it seems to be working on and off tonight.  I think after the holidays I need to have it tuned up. 

Gwenn, I hate that Clay was not with Jaymes today on Dr. Phil.  We can only hope his time in Europe will result in a kick a** CD, then it will be worth the wait.  I can't imagine Clay not being at home before long because this will be one of Parker's best Christmases.  He should be so excited this year and I can't believe Clay would miss it.

Now if I don't get busy, I will be the one that misses Christmas this year.  I spent my lunch hour at work today ordering some gifts because there doesn't seem to be anything in Wilson. 

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx