gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 461
Total: 461

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK AUGUST 13  (Read 2887 times)
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« on: August 13, 2009, 12:15:10 AM »

Every day with Clay...here's news...and 're-news' (recycled Clay articles worthy of another read...) for today's reading pleasure:

Clay Aiken signs new recording contract  (an update of their earlier article)
Examiner.com

As of Monday, ClayOnline.com, Clay Aiken's official website, has announced that Clay is now signed with Decca Records.  The label, which was created in the United Kingdom, is now part of the Universal Music Group.

Decca was established in 1929.  It hails itself as the "home of classical music."  This iconic label has been home to legends like Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie, Judy Garland, Louis Armstrong, and Billie Holiday, just to name a few. ...

Read more here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2695-American-Idol-Examiner~y2009m8d12-Clay-Aiken-signs-new-recording-contract

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 12:20:43 AM »

Clay Aiken - From Japan To Germany
By musicfan123 ·

When we first started this blog in January, 2009, I don’t think I had any idea what to expect.  At the time, I thought it might be fun to write about and support Clay Aiken and the music field.  It was a new hobby and I wondered if anyone would actually read what I wrote.

This new project has become an exciting adventure and I am in awe at what has happened.  It is amazing to realize that Clay Aiken has fans all over the world. And, these fans are reaching out to get more information about him.  In their quest for more information about Clay, they click on our site and read the latest news and reviews of Clay. ...

Read more here:

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:28:04 AM »

Clay Upgrades Record Label, Inclusion Project Foundation

Six and a half years after hitting the public spotlight, Clay Aiken is moving to a higher level, both in his professional career and in his work as an advocate for children.

From the Clay Aiken Official Fan Club:

"08/10/09
    We Are Excited To Announce...
    Clay Aiken signs record deal with Universal Music’s Decca Records. Expect new music in the first half of 2010! Keep checking back here for more details to come...."

With this signing, Clay has moved on from the second largest music group, Sony Music Entertainment, to the world's leader, Universal Music Group, clearly a sign of UMG's faith in Clay's talent and potential to create premiere music. Clay's new label, Decca Records, was the original label of some of the greatest vocalists in the world (including Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, Judy Garland and Bing Crosby), and has evolved into the home of some of the most eclectic, singularly gifted and respected singers and musicians in the contemporary music scene. ...

Read more here:

http://livinginturnaround.blogspot.com/2009/08/clay-aiken-upgrades-record-label.html

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:33:24 AM »

Some more news about Decca...

News: Reorganisation at Decca
Paul Mosely's appointment as General Manager for Classical Music part of encouraging news from Decca

24 March 2009

Decca LogoAn announcement by Michael Lang, President of the newly-formed Deutsche Grammophon Decca (DGD), and Christopher Roberts, President of Universal's (UMGI) Classics & Jazz, seems to allay some of the widespread fears for the future of Decca, in particular, and its recording activities.

A press-release announces that 'now, more than ever, Universal Music Classics & Jazz must lead', going on to talk of 'refocusing Decca's classical and creative activities, to strengthen its position as one of the world's leading classical recording companies.' Changes in the support structure of both labels are to help them 'become more efficient and better coordinated.' ...

Read more here:

http://www.musicalcriticism.com/news/decca-0409.shtml

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 12:38:36 AM »

A fascinating study of technology and Clay Aiken...I found this over at the CH...

Here's an excerpt:

Instant Fame, Message Boards, Mobile Phones and Clay Aiken

by Erin E. Watkins

I. Introduction
When pop artist Clay Aiken gave a concert in August 2004, Kevin Clapp of the
Press of Atlantic City newspaper observed that those in attendance “weren’t the only ones
enjoying the show.” Clapp explained that “[t]hanks to a new concertgoing
trend…countless others could enjoy the show even if located thousands of miles away”
(Clapp 2004). The writer was witnessing a new mobile phenomenon: the cellcert. ...

Read More Here:

http://66.102.1.104/scholar?q=cache:NiS5coS76ZgJ:scholar.google.com/+%22clay+aiken%22&hl=en

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »

From the 'annals' of Clay...this beautiful piece ...(if someone knows the author, would you please post it in this thread...thanks!)

Singing in the key of Grace

Clay Aiken can sing a listener into joy… with a sustained note, a toss of his head and that killer smile. But when Clay Aiken sings about his God, he sings listeners into a place of grace.

Clay Aiken sings a language of the heart… and the soul. Daring to bare his vulnerabilities and his consummate talent, Clay invites those who listen and those who would see, into his private space where he communes with the God who gave him his great voice. When he sings a hymn or a secular song whose lyric can be filled with sacred content, he opens worlds of love. Some times he dispenses it like a soothing balm. Sometimes it is a searing insight that moves us to action. It finds those who are yearning for meaning and embraces those who did not know they had places in their hearts needing healing. It can be as hushed as a lullaby or as thundering as a mighty command. In either case, it is not disguised nor can it be dismissed.

For non-singers, it is a deep mystery how such vocal beauty can come from a human being. It is thrilling to listen to fine singers explore the limits of their talent. The power and vocal range can both amaze and hypnotize us. Whatever the style, it is the same. The sheer energy and excitement. Or the complex simplicity of the quietest pure notes.

It is hard to imagine what it feels like to offer the joy of a great gift to its creator. Some experience it in writing. Others in painting or sculpture. During the creation of great artwork, there can be a rush of inspiration and the evidence is in the Sistine Chapel, in Da Vinci’s Pieta or Milton’s Paradiso. Extraordinary genius, made tangible for all time for us to marvel and appreciate. But those acts of creation are usually solitary, happening between the human genius and the heavenly creator. We then are at a distance when we come to savor such works. The graced conversation took place long ago but can still move us and inspire us.

In singing… the creative conversation with God is immediate, intensely intimate and fully visible all at once. I have asked superb sacred singers, “What is it like to sing in the key of grace?” They always know what I mean. By leaving their ego behind in the offering of their gift, the conversation can be sublime, transcendent, immensely humbling and indescribably joyful. A favorite cantor at my church went further and said, “It takes all the trust I have to believe that God will bless my voice and make me willing to follow wherever He might lead it.” Besides residing in a faithful heart, these great voices are wrapped in true humility and rock solid trust when they praise.

Surely God smiles enormously on such recognition that the voice understands its origin and comes back home to rest in glory. Then it is released again to the singer who knows it was blessed and offers it yet again. That gifted conversation of grace carries us in that ascension to the creator and back to the human voice again. The singer becomes both transparent and a glowing vehicle for that channel of grace meant for him and us. When we see it, we cannot mistake it. The glory of that moment is not only of the singer’s making and he and his audiences know it.

I have often written that Clay Aiken receives extraordinary grace when he sings. We can see it transforming his every feature and action. That circle of giving and receiving of grace is breathtaking. The transformation happens to him and to us. God truly blesses Clay so that he might bless us.

On November 18, 2005, in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Clay stood before an audience to sing O Come, O Come Emmanuel and prayed harder than he has ever done before an audience. We knew it. We were captured in the power of the gift. His face at first serious, almost somber, began this ancient prayer of pleading that God would come to an earth that so needed Love and still does. Every heart longs for grace. All of us need peace personally and pray for a world so full of conflict.

We could not know then that his own heart and those nearest to him needed Emmanuel’s grace more deeply than ever at that moment. And we could not know that singing the mantra “Rejoice! Rejoice!” could cost so personally. Yet, Clay knows that God would have us rejoice -- even in our darkest moments… the very moments he sang so movingly about in this hymn.

We have often guessed about Clay’s great God-given gift. There was no guessing about that conversation he participated in that night when he sang his prayer of pleading and praise. We watched the emotions flow across his joy-filled face, we saw him lean deeply on his Lord for strength and we saw him blessed with the peaceful assurance that God will come, has come and will remain… in his gift and in his life. His trust in his always-present God was indeed, fulfilled. Just as ours can be.

We were the grateful recipients of a true moment of rarest blessing. We knew he and we were deeply transformed, intimately changed.

Because on that night, not only did Clay sing in the key of grace…. he sang in the key of revelation.

The reception he received the following night in Kansas City showed Clay that we learned, understood and love him for his faith and courage... and that voice he offers so freely to his God and us.

Sonnets

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 07:24:17 AM »

Johanna~ Thanks for the news & links..You're doing a great job   Clapping

Marlene Huggles

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 07:52:54 AM »

Hello, ANN!   wave

I posted about the new Carolina blog a little before midnight, so hope you don't mind the repost today:

The long, winding road to Monday's Clay Aiken-Universal/Decca merger mirrors the lyrics of "On My Way Here," title track of his 2008 album. Two days after the announcement, the journey and new record label are still being celebrated in full mode on the singer's fan boards.

There are lots of graphics like the one below, links, a montage, and  ... the best is yet to come!

Clickable by Fountaindawg

Hope you enjoy!   Wink

Caro 

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »

Johanna -- I don't know where you find all of these articles but I am so glad you do. 

Thank you so much

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx