gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:06:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 392
Total: 392

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK AUG 12  (Read 1917 times)
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« on: August 12, 2009, 04:22:37 AM »

From San Jose Mercury News:

9. Clay Aiken (Season 2): Ruben Studdard took home the title in 2003, but runner-up Aiken has had the better career by far. Aiken's "Measure of a Man" and "Merry Christmas with Love" were multiplatinum smashes. Yet the modest sales of his latest CD, "On My Way Here," suggest Clay-mania is over.

Which American Idol Alum Is Champ?

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 04:23:59 AM »

From Broadway World:

Singer and actor Clay Aiken has a new record label. Aiken's Official Fan Club (www.clayonline.com) reports:

"We Are Excited To Announce... Clay Aiken signs record deal with Universal Music's Decca Records. Expect an album in the first half of 2010. Keep checking back for more details to come."

Clay Aiken became a music superstar following his success on the "American Idol" television series, and has sold more than six million albums; co-authored a best-selling book; and, played six sold-out concert tours. Aiken released his fourth album, On My Way Here, on May 6, 2008. This was his first album of original songs since his 2003 chart topping, double platinum debut Measure of a Man. On My Way Here's debut in Billboard Magazine's Top 5 continued his streak of all four of his albums having debuted in the Top 5.

Aiken made his Broadway debut in January, 2008 when he joined the cast of Monty Python's Spamalot for a four-month run. Aiken appeared as Sir Robin in the Tony Award-winning musical. In September, 2008 he returned to the role, staying with the hit musical comedy until January 4, 2009, just prior to its closure on January 11.

Clay Aiken Picked Up By Decca Records

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »

wave

Aaron Hall sent  the Foundation's August newsletter yesterday - several good articles this month. If you do not receive this monthly email newsletter, you can sign up for it on the Foundation's website:

NATIONAL INCLUSION PROJECT NEWSLETTER

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »

I just knew that there was some good news. Something told me I just had to check in here today and see what was going on! Whoooppeee and new label and new album. Can hardly wait. I've missed all of you soooo much. Busy with mom in rehab and sewing customers that won't leave me alone. Think I'll go back to work so I have time to play! Hugs to all my buddies here at home! Love Shaikey

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 08:33:51 PM »

Hello, ANN!   wave

This is late for the East Coast, but perhaps people will read the new Carolina blog tomorrow:

The long, winding road to Monday's Clay Aiken-Universal/Decca merger mirrors the lyrics of "On My Way Here," title track of his 2008 album. Two days after the announcement, the journey and new record label are still being celebrated in full mode on the singer's fan boards.

Hope you enjoy. Lots of graphics, links, a montage, etc. and  ... the best is yet to come! 

Caro 

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx