gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8-6-09 Victoria Beckham to be Idol Judge  (Read 2666 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: August 06, 2009, 08:33:08 AM »

Victoria Beckham lands dream role as new America Idol judge

By Natalie Trombetta
Last updated at 1:41 PM on 06th August 2009

American dream: Victoria Beckham will join Idol as a guest judge

In the wake of Paula Abdul's surprise exit from American Idol, Simon Cowell has called on a old friend to join him on the judging panel - one Mrs Victoria Beckham.

The former Spice Girl has so far agreed to make one guest appearance on the show for a rumoured £155,000.

Her spokesperson told Mail Online: Yes Victoria will be making a "one off" appearance as a guest judge.'

The singing contest is still the highest-rating programme in the U.S. drawing an average of 26.3 million viewers per episode, making the role an impressive coup for the former Spice Girl.

She has been steadily building her profile in the since her move to the U.S. in 2007 but has yet to really make her big break.

Her appointment may come as a surprise to some, considering that even by her own admission she is not a particularly good singer.

'I worked hard at it,' she recently admitted, but: 'I was never going to be the best singer or dancer.'

A source says Posh is not interested to take over Paula's role permanently.

She is still determined to concentrate on her fashion projects, according to the insider, and is currently working on the upcoming launch of her new collection at New York fashion week in September.

Abdul announced just yesterday that she was leaving the show after eight years.

'With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to Idol,' she posted on her Twitter page last night.

While the TV talent show judge did not expand on her reasons for leaving the programme, she had been lobbying for a significant pay raise during negotiations for a new contract in recent months.

She was said to be particularly annoyed after hearing reports host Ryan Seacrest had secured a $45 million, 3-year deal, while she was being offered a rumoured $2 to $3million a year.
American Idol

Insiders claim she asked for about $20 million to continue with the show but was offered a total multi-year deal worth $10 million.

Abdul's message continued: 'I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day one become an international phenomenon.'

'What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me.

'It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month.'

The rest of the judging panel, which includes Randy Jackson, Kara DiGuardi, and of course Cowell, will all appear on the next series.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:35:43 AM »

It may be a one-off stint but I wish Idol wasn't doing this. The guest judges bring nothing to the show but extra time usage. And Posh Spice? Really? Roll eyes

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »

Michelle, couldn't agree with you more, not impressed Naughty

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »

I don't like the guest judges either however I just read that Kelly Clarkson will be a guest judge somewhere next week. She'll be great and have fun with it I'm sure.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 03:41:47 PM »

I forgot that she used to sing!  Paranoid  lmao

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx