gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:01:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A terribly sad day for me...  (Read 9841 times)
Michael
Administrator
Claycrazy

« on: July 09, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »

I don't post often and this is not exactly clay related so please humor me.  Today I lost my best friend in the world.  I had to put to sleep my 14 year old buddy "Gimpy".  I am so terribly sad,  I cannot even put into words how I feel.  I knew about a month ago this day would come and I should of done it then,  so looking back on it...I indeed was probably selfish but he has been by my side during the toughest times in my life.  A friend told me I showed him the last great act of love I could give him.  I held him in my arms today as the vet administered the drug...he passed away looking at me.  If there is a heaven,  I hope he is no longer in pain and I get to see him one day.  Thanks for listening.

Gimpy Wagner 1995 - 2009
R.I.P. my beloved friend

America has problems,  America is NOT the problem.
tamaraluvs
Adults
Enthusiastic

One sexy daddy!!

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 07:25:20 PM »

I don't post often and this is not exactly clay related so please humor me.  Today I lost my best friend in the world.  I had to put to sleep my 14 year old buddy "Gimpy".  I am so terribly sad,  I cannot even put into words how I feel.  I knew about a month ago this day would come and I should of done it then,  so looking back on it...I indeed was probably selfish but he has been by my side during the toughest times in my life.  A friend told me I showed him the last great act of love I could give him.  I held him in my arms today as the vet administered the drug...he passed away looking at me.  If there is a heaven,  I hope he is no longer in pain and I get to see him one day.  Thanks for listening.

Gimpy Wagner 1995 - 2009
R.I.P. my beloved friend

Big Hug!   Huggles

GO TEAM USA!!!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 07:32:13 PM »

MICHAEL, I'm so glad you shared this with us.  Many of us here have suffered the loss of our dear pets over the years.  Personally over the years I have lost two very loving and loyal dogs who were like my own children.   Are you at all familiar with the story of "The Rainbow Bridge"?  It has always brought me comfort.  And yes, I do believe that you will be reunited with your little Gimpy in Heaven!  Wink

Please check out this link.  It will help you as you go through your grieving process. 

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Warmest regards  Huggles
Thea

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:32:26 PM »

Huggles Huggles Huggles to you Michael. We lost our fourteen year old dogs two years ago - three months apart. We also had the privilege of holding them as they left. Few things are as hard as losing a beloved pet - just hold onto the memories, and I hope that someday you will feel like giving love to another pet that needs you (I thought I would never have another dog, but we have rescued two from our Humane Society, and I would not take anything for them!)  And there are pets in Heaven - if they were not there, it would not be Heaven.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 08:27:41 PM »

Michael,

I know your heart is aching at the loss of your beloved dog.  Time does help and maybe in the near future you will be ready for another dog.  The love between a dog and his "human" is indeed a most special and unique emotion. I hope you will find comfort in the RAINBOW BRIDGE that Thea gave you the link to.

Special thoughts for you at this time.   

Hug
Prissy

I had an unusual experience when we had to put to sleep our sheltie, Mac.  It was the Friday after Thanksgiving several years ago.  I fell asleep for a short while and dreamed that I was in our kitchen putting away dishes.  All of a sudden Mac ran into the kitchen to me.  I touched him and could feel his hair and the solidness of his body.  I called for my husband, Skip, to come quickly, Mac was here.  Then Mac disappeared with a poof like a bubble popping.  I felt that Mac had come back to let us know he was all right;  very comforting.

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 08:28:12 PM »

Michael - my deepest sympathies to you upon the loss of your beloved Gimpy. I have been where you are and know it is an extremely rough place to be. I am so very sorry you are hurting right now.  Huggles I pray your pain eases as each new dawn breaks and that eventually memories of Gimpy bring smiles rather than tears and heartache.

Do you have any photos of Gimpy you'd like to share with us?

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 04:20:26 AM »

MICHAEL, bless your heart!   Big Hug!!!  I know what you are saying!  I grieve for my animal friends more than I have for the people  in my life.  I never get over their loss. After 10 years  I still grieve for my 18 year old beautiful white poodle who was so devoted to me and traveled with me thru some horrible circumstances.  They are always there for  us aren't they, such wonderful devoted friends that wake up with us and go to sleep with us and love  us no matter what.  There is nothing I can say to help you thru this or make you feel better, just that my heart breaks for you and I know what you are feeling.  We lost our Maggie a  Yorkie who was 16 five years ago and still talk about her almost daily with tears in our eyes and emotion in our voice.  I know the emptiness you are feeling right now and I am so very sorry!!!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 05:31:41 AM »

Michael, so sorry for Gimpy's passing, but the last honor we give our pets is the hardest thing we ever have to do for them.  We do it with love and knowing that they too need relief from their pain.  I too have had to give 2 of my cats a sad farewell in my arms, so hard to do cause they really do love us UNCONDITIONALLY.
Thanks for sharing your story Michael.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 05:40:22 AM »

Ah Michael  Huggles

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 06:26:51 AM »

MICHAEL. SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS I HAVE BEEN THERE MANY TIMES OVER THE YEARS, IT IS SO HARD,YOU AND GIMPY WILL BE TOGETHER SOME DAY,OF THIS I AM SURE. Huggles Huggles

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 08:47:49 AM »

Michael, please accept my sincerest sympathy.  The love you shared with Gimpy will live on forever in your heart.   Huggles

When the time is right, please consider sharing the story of "Gimpy," and maybe a picture.  We'd all love to experience the "happy" memories with you.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 10:32:56 AM »

Dear Michael,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.  People who have or had a pet know exactly how you are feeling.

Losing a True Friend

I know how it feels to lose someone,
Someone who has been there for you for so long;
I know it seems like tears are all you have,
And that you may never enjoy another song;
But remember the good times that you shared,
And know that he really knew you cared.
There is really no greater bond
Than dog and man (or woman,) Fond
is the person of such a joy
A true and warm pal, be it girl or boy
And if someone says "it was just a dog"
Just walk away---tact like a frog!
Remember when you are really blue
Your dog's in heaven, he's there for you
And when in time you climb those stairs
He'll be there so you say your prayers!
And do not fret and do not stew
You've One True Friend Waiting FOR YOU!

Poem by M.J.M. 1999
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »

Thank you Michael for allowing us to comfort you with this loss.  I, too, fully believe that our dear pets live on, live on in the next plane of existence.  When my beloved Rocky,  (short for Rachmaninoff) my parakeet for 12 years died, as I grieved for him in the days to follow, I did hear his chirp a few times...I'm of like mind with Prissy...I am convinced he was letting me know he was now on the other side, free of earthly pain.  I further believe that pets are pure love...and blessings to us, each and every one.

When you feel ready, I also hope you will share more about your loved Gimpy. 

Be good to yourself, MichaelHuggles

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:10 PM »

Michael, I read your post and had tears in my eyes. I know how close a pet can be- not even a pet, but part of your family.  I had to do the same thing a few years ago- and it about broke my heart.  We cannot ease your grief at this early stage, but we can commisserate with you and let you know that you are not alone. I am so very sorry for your loss. What wonderful memories you must have of Gimpy.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 03:21:24 PM »

Michael Huggles,
As difficult as this was to do....always know that you did a caring & loving act for Gimpy.  You showed how much you truley loved him.  I  know this does not make it easier.....it never is.  Gimpy was part of your life & he was happy to be there for you...he loved you unconditionally.   Our animals are part of the family, and I know that loosing a pet is so very heart wrenching, but I hope in time your sadness will be filled with the wonderful memories that you shared with Gimpy.  Gimpy was so lucky to have you in his life......you made his life special & I am sure he is in heaven pain free thinking of what a lucky dog he was to be blessed with having you.

Huggles,
Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 06:20:49 PM »

Michael,

Having to say goodbye to our dear pets is one of the saddest times in our lives.

It"s so hard to say Goodbye. I have done it so many times.  Holding them as they

go to sleep is our greatest way of letting them know how much they are loved.

I"m so sorry.
                                                                  Betty
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 04:01:49 AM »

SO SORRY, MICHAEL.  BARRY AND I HAVE BEEN THROUGH WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.  IT IS SO HARD.  PLEASE ACCEPT MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY.   Huggles

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 09:04:07 PM »

Hi ya Michael... wave Huggles

Thinking of you today...and I thought I'd send you this:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
- Anatole France

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 05:46:48 PM »

Michael,  Sorry you to hear about your beloved Gimpy,   I know how much you will miss him they are part of our family.  Just remember all the good times you had, I will never for my Sasha she will always hold a special place in my heart.  You did the best thing for him Michael, that is true love , you were there for him  and not see him suffer any more..

Treasured Friend

I lost a treasured friend today

The little dog who used to lay

His gentle head upon my knee

And shared his silent thoughts with me.

he’ll come no longer to my call

Retrieve no more her favourite ball

A voice far greater than my own

Has called him to his golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears

I thank him for the happy years

He let him spend down here with me

And for his love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go

And join him there, this much I know

I shall not fear the transient dark

For he will greet me with a bark.

Author Unknown

Sasha Huggles

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 07:48:10 PM »

I lost my German  Sheppard about two weeks ago. He was 17. I cried and cried even though I have 4 dogs now I still miss him. My dad and I buried him in the back yard in one of my dads old army foot lockers. My sister said dad must have really loved that dog because he was in the army from the time he was 18 till now and he is in his late 60s and he had that foot locker all that time.

You will know when it is time for another pup. I keep bringing up the idea of a German Sheppard puppy.

You will be in my prayers.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx