gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 09:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Job Interview That Tried to Kill Me  (Read 11211 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2004, 05:19:07 AM »

CFCF,

My goodness!  You had quite an experience, too.  I think LadyC is right.  You two must be related somehow.  I am so glad you were not permanently lost.  How lucky to find that bathroom and then to find your way back to your van!

Prissy

PS:  I believe you do stained glass art!  There is a thread to post info about  our artistic endeavors.  I'm going to check what it is called.
It is called the ARTIST'S DIRECTORY!  Are you able to post pictures of some of your stained glass?

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
CFCF
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2004, 08:06:08 AM »

LadyC,
   I believe we must be closely related, if not biologically, then psychicly :) The stupidest stuff happens to me, I constantly stun my family, immediate and extended. They thought I'd outgrow it, but i'm 47, so guess not. My walking buddy is 52. When the state police asked her how old she was all she would tell them was "old enough to know better". We hit the trails again yesterday, can't hold a good woman down! We left at 2 this time, had maps, glow sticks, flashlights, compass, water, nutrigrain bars, dog snacks, jackets, the works! lol. The one hour walk ended up being 3 hours this time, but we knew where we were at least.  And we proved we are somewhat teachable :) My little one was fabulously brave both times, and I am very proud of her.
Now, where will we see your story published? Please let me know because I want to buy several copies. If you ever run out of material, give me a holler, I am a gold mine of similar stories! The universe considers you and I to be a source of entertainment, I believe :)
   Prissy, you can see some of my work at www.photoisland.com, password:treasured, logon:welcome. My main item right now is fancy decorated and mounted stained glass kaleidoscopes. I'll make just about anything I think I can get paid for tho, am working on a series of 4 large panels right now.
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2004, 08:30:14 AM »

I did not get the job, however, it's just fine because I got a better one.  911 Dispatcher, I start the first week of September.   :D   It's in a much better part of town, so at least if I get accousted by trash bags I won't kick the crap out of some poor sucker who tries to help me.  (Because he'd likely be a firefighter or cop, as it's in the same building.)

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

cjrmax
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2004, 09:49:36 AM »

Lady C,

I just read the story of your day and could not stop laughing!!!  I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but the fact you can have a sense of humor about it shows your strength of character!  They would have been lucky to have you!

Congrats on the job you DID get!

Hey, how did the "Couch Troll" do???
CFCF
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2004, 12:01:51 PM »

GRATS!
Bocaqueen
Enthusiastic

Forever Clay's Scarlett

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2004, 01:14:38 PM »

Good for you...you will touch so many lives.

Hey, we all have your number now!(LOL )911

Keeper of The OCD Prayerlist
Queen of Comforting
------------------------------------
Clay, God has blessed you with a voice of an Angel and everything you are and everything you do, reflects that YOU..... are HIS.... Measure of a Man.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2004, 08:33:44 AM »

So glad to hear about your job!!!!  Congratulations :!:   Sounds much better. :D   Again, thanks for that hilarious interview story you shared. Laughing: Laughing:  Laughing:   I got my whole family to read it :D
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2004, 09:10:46 AM »

Congrats to you for the new job! They have no idea what kind of lady they have gotten!! Grace Under Pressure!! You will be wonderful in your new job! I might even call up and ask for you if I have an emergency..just your humor alone may make it seem not as scary!!

You'll do a great job!!

Lora-Ohio
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2004, 01:31:48 PM »

Thanks, everyone.  You guys always make me smile.  As for the Couch Troll, he hasn't heard back yet.  So in the meantime he's working at some group home for a measly - Are you ready for this? - $7.75 an hour!  A USAF veteran and college graduate trying to support a wounded wife and two kids on bupkiss.  But, at least it's something.  And there's light at the end of the tunnel.  We shall survive!   Wink:

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2004, 03:47:36 PM »

LadyC congrats on your new job!!  911 dispatch will I'm sure have it's moments, and obviously you are up to the challenge!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2004, 05:07:10 PM »

Lady C!  Congrats on the 911 Dispatcher Job!  Your light hearted approach to any situation will most likely come in handy when dealing with emergencies!  You are surely gifted at putting people at ease in difficult situations.  Best of luck!  :)

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2004, 09:56:37 AM »

Thanks so much for your support, you guys.  I am grateful for it, probably more than you know.

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx