gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 96 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD SUPPORT GROUP - SESSION 134 -Clay is our gold at the end of the rainbow!!!  (Read 185601 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »

Pepe,

I have posted your beautiful pictures in the Garden Thread.  In spite of your eye problem and cold weather, you managed to have beautiful plants and flowers!!  I love your big porch.  Is that the front or back of your house?

Pepe's Porches
(Click on for a big beautiful view.)

Thea,

I still have three big hunks of JoAnn's cake frozen and a chocolate cake a friend brought me Saturday.  The cake from my friend I cut into yesterday and it takes like chocolate fudge!!!  I am allowing myself one piece of chocolate cake a day!!  Now, how long will that last me!  Don't Know   Skip is "helping" me eat the chocolate cakes, too!!  Super Happy!!!

Betty,

Great to see you back from your mini birthday vacation.  Glad to hear you did have a chocolate cake made for you! 
 I love chocolate

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 02:07:47 PM »

STORMS AGAIN HIGH WINDS I AM SO TIRED OF THIS RAIN. TORNADOE WARNINGS TO.

NOTHING NEW HERE  EXCEPT RAIN. Paranoid

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »

PRISSY A POSSUM IS NOT MY CUPPA TEA EITHER, THIS WAS A HUGE ONE, DID NOT SEEM TO MIND ME LOOKING AT HIM. UGLY AS SIN.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 02:46:55 PM »

wave

Good Afternoon! Hello to Thea, Prissy, Pepe,  Glory, and of course to all Lurkers! The boys and I have stayed in the house for the most part today - we did go out to water a few plants at noon. Some things need watering twice a day in this heat! The grass is beginning to turn brown and krispie in some spots - at least it won't have to be mowed!  Laughing

Not much to talk about here. Amy, Cameron and Laney are coming tomorrow afternoon to visit for a couple of days - I'm looking forward to that!  Clapping Have a good afternoon/evening, everybody!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »

FRANKIE, it must really be hot to keep you inside today.  It is now 65 degrees and will be in the 40's tonight but listen to this, they say in the 90's by next weekend. Enjoy your grandchildren!!!  How are the chickens doing in this heat your having ???????

PRISSY, you would think with me being under the weather and not baking for so long I would have lost a pound or two.  Nope gained a pound!!!!  Thanks so much for posting my pictures again.  The fenced in porch is on the backside of my house.  The front porch is the one with the fountain, I haven't fixed that yet for the summer, we put that amidst the flowers and shrubs than it has two tiers with a angel on top and the water drops from the top tier to the bottom.  I bought that for myself for a birthday present five years ago. 

THEA, thanks for  your good wishes on my eye.  The gas bubble has finally disappeared and that just drove me nuts.  My vision in that eye is still blurred and am getting in a bad habit of shutting my eye and looking out of my left eye only.  But if I have them both opened when I try to read or write it is like I am crossing my eyes!!!   Yikes.    Hope  you had a great lunch.

DUDLEY, so sorry couldn't talk.  Was out the door when I heard the phone so I ran back in as the doctor was supposed to call me back , finally called them.   They got the prescriptions messed up for hubby.  Hope you didn't work to hard today.  Have to go back to Walmart tomorrow to pick up my inhlaler and Need to get some cards and a new address/phone book, mine is a mess than on to the Feed store for sunflower seeds for my birds .  On Thursday I have a doctors appointment at 9:00 am.  and if I play my cards right I might get him to buy breakfast after. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »

Frankie,
                 The internet is driving me crazy. Lost it again yesterday and this morning. Had a doctor"s appointment
              and when I came home another bad storm. Internet back on so I will try to post.The only good thing about
              the storms is it cools things down for a while and waters the garden.

Enjoy your visit with Amy, Cameron and Lainey.

It"s a shame you can"t take the boys with you on your trip, I know like Sophie they love to ride.

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 05:57:19 PM »

Glory,
             The rain is pretty bad now and the hurricane season has only just begun.

Poor possum! I"m sure his mother thinks he is beautiful!!!

Hope you are feeling better.

Betty
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »

I haven't been on this thread for a long time but, I do have a prayer request for a friend of mine..Her name is Ruth, and she had hip surgery last month,and a grown was found on her hip bone, this has turned out to be cancer. Surgery is not an option to remove it since it attached to the hip bone, and if it were removed there would be nothing to reattach it to.
The Drs are wanting to remove her leg from the hip to the groin...but she has told them NO!...so they are going to try chemo. She goes tomorrow for a shunt?and she will have to go to Duke for 5 weeks  2 days a week,for the chemo, with no assurance that it will work.

Please pray for her ,that God will give her the strength to endure what she is facing.

Also at my water aerobics class one of the ladies requested prayer for her family & her daughter.
It seems her daughter got involved with someone over the internet, and Thur morning when they got up to go to work their car was gone and the daughter had taken it ...they have since found the car at the bus station, and they think that she has gone to NYC to met this guy. They are worried sick because they have no way of knowing how to find her. They are just hoping that she will get in contact with them.  Please also pray for this family ..I don't know their names but God does.

Also on June the 30th I am having knee replacement surgery...and I would appreciate it if you would also remember me in your prayers.
Of all the dates why did it have to be on the day the Gala tickets go on sale...At least that will keep my mind off the surgery, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my friend will be able to get us tickets...This is my incentive to hurry and get this surgery over with so I will be recuperated by Oct....I'm needing to see Clay real bad bigsmile I have also had to lose 20 lbs before my surgeon would do the surgery, and I reached that goal last week, now I'm trying for 10 lbs more...I'm going to be a mean lean, walking machine by the time that Gala comes, so watch out for me..Laughing

Again thanks for all your prayers ,they will greatly be appreciated by all.

Marlene Huggles

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »

Prissy,
                    We had a very nice weekend ,thank you! Friday and Sunday the weather was beautiful
                 with a lovely breeze on the beach. CorinaIt is  and Sophie{our dog} had a wonderful time playing
                  in the waves.a very quiet beach with doggies being allowed on a leash.
                  Sat. we drove up to St. Augustine {about 30minutes} a very historical city and very dog friendly.
                   Lots of quaint, arty shops to wounder round in. We decided to take a sightseeing cruise, which Sophie
                    was quite curious about.

When we came back we were hungry so looked for somewhere to eat. Lots of the restuarant's have
                     gardens where you can take your dogs. Just sat down and ordered when this terrific storm came up
                      big umbrellas were flying and we were soaked. It lasted about an hour, we could"nt get to our car.
                      A tornado hit the pier about two miles away and blew down the signs at our hotel. We were amazed
                       at how calm Sophie was, at home she barks her head off when it thunders. We survived!!!

Sounds like you had a lovely choc. cake, I really must cut back on choc!!!

betty

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 06:44:36 PM »

Pepe,
                I"m so glad to hear your eye is improving, it must have been very frightening.

What a pretty porch you have, I hope it will soon be warm enough to sit out
             there and enjoy your flowers.

That"s a mighty big jump from 60 to 90 degrees.We are having 95 and 97 on Friday.
                   I hate it!!!
                                                         Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

MIMI,
                  How awful for your friend Ruth and what a terrible decision to have to make. I pray they
             can find a way to help her.

Those parents must be frantic with worry. We hear such terrible stories and not knowing where
                their daughter is must be terrifying. I do hope and pray she comes home safetly.How old is she??

Take care of yourself, I will send you a PM.

Betty Huggles
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »

Hi Betty~ The girl had just turned 18.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 06:57:03 PM »

BETTY, I'm so happy to read about the nice weekend you had with Corina and the pups!  Phil and I are also very familiar with St. Augustine, as his late brother and his wife lived their for many years.  Until Phil's brother passed away, we had frequently talked about buying a home on the beach there, but never got around to it.  We love the quaint shops and beautiful beach.  And I love place where the dogs are allowed to run freely .

MIMI, it's so good to see you posting here, although it is under very sad circumstances.  Of course your friends will be in my prayers, especially your friend who might be facing a leg amputation.  That is beyond horrifying for her;  I don't blame her for trying every course of treatment available before taking such a drastic step.  And your friend with the daughter who is chasing after this internet creep....Yikes, that is probably every parent's nightmare these days.

And of course, you know that you will be in the prayers of so many as you approach your surgery.  With your weight loss you going into this surgery well-prepared for the rehabilitation process.  I'm sure you will be kicking up your heals by the time October rolls around!  Did you know that I am seriously considering going to the Gala, as well, just to "reconnect" with my Clay life once again.  I would love to go in on tickets with others.  

BETTY, I had mentioned buying a table and then asking to be reimbursed from the others, but unfortunately hubby has "nixed' that idea.   So I'll be at the mercy of the ticket brokers just like everybody else.  I 'm so hoping that at least a few of us will be able to sit together.  

GLORY, yes indeed possums are ugly creatures!  Would you believe we had a red fox running around across the street this morning?  I could hardly believe my eyes.  Ah, life in the country!

FRANKIE, I don't envy you for dealing with that intense heat and humidity in Louisiana.  I'm sure you electrical bills are sky high this time of year!  Paranoid

SHIRLEY, I'm wondering if you were to wear a patch on your good eye for a while it would strengthen your eye that had the surgery.  Just a thought...

BTW, we didn't ended up eating lunch after the stress test, but we did go out for a lovely dinner this evening.  We had prime rib, baked potatoes, salad and we shared an amazing dessert.  It was a large cookie in a round pan just out of the oven with ice cream and chocolate sauce drizzled all over it.  Out of this world!!!   Baby Dust

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 07:12:17 PM »

wave  Good evening OCD

Went to the dentist today to have the second part of my root canal done. The whole time I was in the chair, all I kept thinking about was 'Why the heck couldn't dentists' offices have more lively music' than the ones that threaten to make you fall asleep during a procedure. Laughing

But glad that is done and hopefully I don't have any more problems with any of my teeth for the rest of this year other than having to come in for my cleanings.

Dropped off Ava with the In-laws during my dentist appointment and spent time with them when I came back. Ava had a nice time hanging out in grandpa's arms and snoozing a bit as well.

Then went by the nursery to check out some more flowers that I could plant. I've been wanting to place some more flowers at the front of the house to bring some color since every time I come home I think the front looks blah..so I managed to buy some petunias in different shades of red and planted them in ceramic pot containers and have placed them on the steps to my house. Hopefully the winds we've been having doesn't blow them away!

Made a trip yesterday to visit my old boss. She was the personnel manager of the Surgery dept. for the hospital I work for and she retired last year after twenty-something, working for the dept. Took me and another friend that I work with to Chinese for lunch and gave us a tour of the vintage shop boutique she opened after retiring. Told her I was really happy for her and that I'm glad she's able to enjoy doing the stuff she's always wanted after retiring BUT that I miss her. Will plan on making another trip again to see her.

FRANKIE~Enjoy your time with your grandbabies.

BETTY~At least you had a good weekend despite the tornadoe and rain.

MIMI~Sorry to hear about your friend and that lady! We will all be thinking about you for your knee surgery. Glad that the impending date hasn't hampered you in your goals of losing weight and seeing Clay bigsmile

Everyone else..have a good evening.

Jules

Sing badly if you must, but sing
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 08:44:30 PM »

wave

Pepe - the heat is bad, but we are accustomed to it after all of the years here. The chickens are fine - they have lots of shade and they have lots of water, too. Tuffy has started swimming again, though - the first time since he almost drowned. But, so far, he has not gone into the middle of the pond where it is very deep. Even with his summer haircut, he goes in every time we go outside to cool off - even if we have been outside for just a few minutes - he goes in even though I tell him not to - spoiled rotten dog!

Betty - I am sorry you are still have internet problems - I feel your pain! I waited too late to call Shirl tonight - I was out watering flowers until (and after) dark.

Mimi - We are praying for Shirl (Clayobsessed), too - she is undergoing cancer treatment now. I so hope your Ruth's doctors can find something to help her. I will also pray for the family and their daughter. I keep telling my daughter to be sure to watch what her children are doing on line - the thought that someone may get to them just scares me to death. I hope your surgery will go well, and that you get Gala tickets  Huggles   I am having TICKET STRESS, and I'm not even going  Laughing I know how much Shirl and Betty want to go, and I am praying that they will get tickets, too!

Thea - Happy Anniversary! Your dinner sounded great!  Our utility bills have always been very reasonable - but we got an announcement in our last electric bill that our costs are increasing 40% this month! Our utility company lost their contract with whoever they were buying energy from - we don't know what to expect!

Jules - I'm happy that your root canal is over. I thought about Shirl when you talked about the music - she has a habit of passing out Clay CDs to all of her doctors! (and to everyone else she meets, too!)  lmao She likes to have her music of choice when she has a procedure!

Good Night, OCD - sweet dreams - see you tomorrow....................

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 11:52:42 PM »

wave wave

Betty ~ I am glad that You, Corina and Sophie had fun
on your vacation !
When you were raising your children ,were there
disposible diaphers yet  then?  This is hard to believe.
My mom ironed all of our diapers. She had 9 kids Betty.
I told her that she had to be the only women in the world
that would be silly enough to do that. Laughing  It really was
quite an experince babysitting 5 little boys at one time. Smile

In the Cookies of Life
Friends are the Chocolate Chips !! Cookie
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2009, 02:23:31 AM »

Good morning!  Got up to watch the Shuttle, but no go. 

Pepe, No relocation for us.  Kirk's business at least is doing well, though he works his tail off.  Besides, I don't think I could give up this weather.  NC gets too gray for too many days.  Thanks for caring  Huggles

Mimi prayers and positive thoughts for your friend  Huggles

Frankie, it is hot these days, but still getting down in the 70's at night.  Kirk and I saw the coolest show on History Channel last night...I think it was Underwater Universe and part of it focused on Katrina...gosh all that awful stuff.  I thought of you a your house of refuge you provided.

Prissy, I know you've got your day planned...what's up?

Now that I'm up I think I'll surf awhile and check back before work.  Have a great day one and all.

xoxoxo
Jayne

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2009, 05:45:24 AM »

Good morning everyone!  wave

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 07:21:46 AM »

Good morning, all
Busy day today, so I can't spend a lot of time on the Board.  Plus I am going to try to finally download the photos from the wedding reception last month.  I'm frustrated that I had to put this on the back burner for so long, but so many things were weighing heavily on my mind.  Things are looking a little better now thankfully!

Hope everybody has a good day!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 09:05:32 AM »

wave

I am very late getting here! I just came in from the grocery - had to buy a few "grandchild" things that I usually do not keep here - apple juice, their favorite cereal, etc. I ws happy to see that our grocery is now stocking "dipping dots" - the ice cream that I thought was only available in malls. It is sold in individual cups, and there were several flavors. Cameron and Laney will be happy - that is one of their favorite treats - have to spoil them a little when they come!

Jayne - I hope the Shuttle will not leave until they know it is very safe - the shuttle program is getting some age on all of the equipment - that is a real concern for everyone involved. New Orleans and a lot of the Gulf Coast will never be the same - at least not in our lifetime. We have sold so many properties here to people who got their insurance money, then just walked away from their former homes instead of reparing them.

Thea - hope the photos turned out well, and that you get them all downloaded.

I'm off to straighten the house a little. Amy and the kids will be here sometime this afternoon. I am going to bake Amy's favorite lemon cake (with just a simple confectioners' sugar glaze for frosting). She is a grown woman, but it is O.K. for her Mom to pamper her a little every once in a while!  Wink

Have a great afternoon, everyone - with the kids here, I won't be here as much, but I will check in!

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 96 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx