gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 326
Total: 326

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JUNE 4TH  (Read 2058 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« on: June 03, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »

Clay Aiken was recently asked his opinion on the California Supreme Court’s ruling on Prop 8, which makes gay marriage illegal in the state. The singer answered the question quite well with a very lengthy reply. He starts off with “I will say that I am QUITE disappointed that Prop 8 passed in the first place. I could argue all day the myriad of reasons that I believe the US Constitution provides for equal rights for all people. And, as much as it is their right to have a differing opinion, I think that some of the arguments coming from the anti-gay side are stupid, hypocritical, and even contradict themselves.” Check out Clay’s official website forum for his whole answer

THE INSIDER

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:07:15 PM »

BRIEF CLAY MENTION:

Succumbing to faux Adam Lambert drama

There hasn't been this much of a brouhaha over an "American Idol" second-place finisher since, well, Clay Aiken. Does it matter that the dusky-lashed Aiken claimed he thought his "ears would bleed" listening to the eye-linered Lambert sing "Ring of Fire"? Does it matter if Lambert is or isn't gay? He's far from the first pop vocalist or even "American Idol" contestant (i.e. Aiken) to romp with the camp camp.

ODD DESCRIPTION!!

SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:06:26 PM »

Clay Aiken on Proposition 8
I never thought I would come across smart political analysis from Clay Aiken, and in all places - on the nonameblogger blog. But read this:

I will say that I am QUITE disappointed that Prop 8 passed in the first place. I could argue all day the myriad of reasons that I believe the US Constitution provides for equal rights for all people. And, as much as it is their right to have a differing opinion, I think that some of the arguments coming from the anti-gay side are stupid, hypocritical, and even contradict themselves.

That said, I can’t say that I am too upset by the CA Supreme Court’s ruling. While it is disappointing that same sex couples in CA will have to wait longer to have equal rights, at the same time I worry that a different ruling from the court would have caused far more trouble than good.

Proposition 8 was the recent vote to amend the California State Constitution

KIWI BLOG

Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:06:44 AM »

Whether comparing debut week singles sales or finale show viewers for the eight editions of American Idol, Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard of Season 2 still hold the crown.

That's the lead on the new Carolina blog that also features graphics by Amazing_CA, Fountaindawg, Sally, and Ashes, as well as a segment on grandchildren Kai and Lia.

Thnx for your visits and especially the comments that help the Clay blogs compete with the nasty headines on Google.  Have a great day, all!   Wink

Caro 

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 09:10:42 AM »

It's nice to read about people appreciating Clay's observations.  I love when he writes serious comments on important topics and is recognized for his insight and intelligence.

I will also admit to a rather childish reaction on my part to Adam Lambert's response to Clay's comments on his "Ring of Fire" performance.  When Adam mentioned Clay "riding his coattails", it definitely changed my opinion of Adam.  I was a big fan of Adam and believed his humble attitude during the competition wasn't an act.  After that comment though, I have changed my opinion.  I think he's let all the press go to his head.  Clay is still around and in the news after 5 or 6 years.  It's still to be proven whether Adam will be.

Well, back to work.  Have a nice weekend everyone.

Debbie
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »

Debbie,
                  It"s rather strange for you to say you have changed your opinion about Adam.
                My friend, who is not really a fan of Clay"s, was listening to the radio this morning
                 and heard them say that Adam is not the nice guy he portrayed on Idol. The opinion
                 was that he is quite different,  unpleasant and arrogant. He played the nice guy to get votes.

That was my feeling throughout  the show but I thought maybe I was wrong.

Time will tell.                         
                                                                        betty
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx