gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:39:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 282
Total: 282

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JUNE 1  (Read 1783 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« on: June 01, 2009, 06:19:32 AM »

If Proposition 8 has served any good whatsoever, it may be underlining how unfortunate the California voter amendment practice is and how reforming the process is long over due. In total, the state’s constitution has been amended over five hundred times, changed by ballot initiative, and more often than not, those amendments – both defeated and passed – frequently target minority groups that the process was in fact designed to help.

Saturday, Clay Aiken took to answering a questions posted on his official fan site, a question inquiring his thoughts on the California Supreme Court upholding Proposition 8. His response is articulate, nuanced, and thoughtful.

Well, finally people are realizing the bolded!!

BRIANS BLOG

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:21:43 AM »

Last week, the Internet lit up with Clay Aiken’s comments about Adam. Clay said that when he heard Adam sing “Ring of Fire” he thought his “ears would bleed.” He later apologized for his comments.

And he apologized, why? How was Clay offering his opinion on his blog—as many former Idols do on their blogs—any different than what I do on this one? You may recall I also didn’t like that performance when I first heard it. Clay went on to say—which the Internet didn’t pick up—that Kris won because the audience was sending a message to the show. Isn’t that exactly what I said?

The difference here I believe is that Clay is gay. And he was badmouthing a performer that is most likely gay. So that made it a story. And that my friends, is just completely messed up…

HERALD DISPATCH

Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:45:29 AM »

Hello, ANN!   wave

The thesis of the new Carolina blog is this:

When Clay speaks, people listen; and everyone -- fan or otherwise -- knows that putting his name in a headline is a sure-fire magnet for hits.

The Brian blog mentioned above links to the entry with the quote "His response is articulate, nuanced, and thoughtful."

Thank you for your visits in the Clay blogs. Have a great day, all!   

Caro 

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:28:51 PM »

Now that the recent season of American Idol ended over two weeks ago with the shocking finale, my favorite part begins! I love seeing what happens to the contestants post-show. Who makes it big? Who disappears? Who becomes a tabloid darling? And, although I didn’t watch a single episode of American Idol this season (I know, I know...), I’m pretty sure there will be lots of excitement in the coming months. Even without seeing the show, it was pretty easy to follow the different controversies and gossip surrounding Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey and Kris Allen. And we all know the past seasons of AI have produced some drama-worthy characters (Clay Aiken, anyone?).

WOMANS DAY

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx