gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 303
Total: 303

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 25  (Read 1559 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« on: May 25, 2009, 08:37:47 PM »

NOW, WE CANNOT HAVE A DAY WITHOUT CLAY NEWS, CAN WE?

FROM CV:

This was posted yesterday (Sunday) on a non-Clay board from someone who lives in North Carolina:

Late this afternoon I fell into an enormous pothole while making a turn off one of the local highways. Unfortunately it blew out my front tire. As I slowly inched the car onto the shoulder with my emergency signals on, another car was following me slowly. It pulled in front of me once I stopped, then got back on the road, drove to a spot it could turn around and came back. We didn't pay much attention and just got on the phone to AAA. To my surprise the car drove up next to us and down came it's window. The driver asked if we were okay and if we needed help. I told him what happened, saying we were already on the phone with AAA, and thanked him for stopping. He looked and sounded familiar and when I took off my sunglasses to get a better look I was pretty sure who I was talking to. I said, "Aren't you Clay?" He replied "yes" with a bit of a sigh in his voice. I thanked him again, telling him how nice it was of him to stop to see if we needed help. Yep, it was Clay Aiken folks!

When the tow truck guy came we were telling him the story and at first he thought we were pulling his leg, but then got really excited and said how cool it was. I'm still bummed about the tire and what the repair is going to cost, especially if I find out there's any damage to the rim or axle, but refreshed by the kindness of this local celebrity! Pretty nice of Clay to offer his help when most ordinary people would just drive on by, wouldn't you say?

Thanks, Clay, for being such a good guy!

CITY DATA.COM

SEEMS TO BE LEGITIMATE.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 08:43:16 PM »

MUCH ADO-About nothing? About an iconic show? About one person’s opinion of another person’s performance that others have already critiqued in a similar manner.

Clay Aiken has added a great feature to his fanclub site where he answers questions from fans on just about any topic. He’s been funny, serious, thoughtful, snarky and even political at times. It’s been the best addition to the fanclub site since its inception. (I find it interesting that he only started it after he left RCA but I digress). There have been over 4000 questions asked and he’s answered about 300 so far. It’s been a wonderful experience to get to know him a little better because the format is just like people sitting around a living room talking about the issues of the day. He’s answered questions that surprised me (for instance, we knew he had TMJ surgery in February but they actually broke his jaw to fix it). He’s obviously well read and that shows too.

CONCLAYVE

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx