gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:53:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 213
Total: 213

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Motor City Red Thong Mafia #42 :: There's Something About Us (Rated R)  (Read 245917 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: May 21, 2009, 07:32:48 AM »

WELCOME TO MAFIA HOUSE #42

How the RTM got started:

posted by Pamela on August 26, 2005, 09:42:33 PM
Just as a reminder, here's how you got started here in your new home...it was all my fault.    blush

...because I was a heartless meanie and deleted the Masonic Temple thread...here's a new home for you guys eh?!? I'm sorry, really. I didn't know you were still using that thread to scheme... I mean, plan your next wild weekend!

So I humbly offer you a new home, your very own forum, and hopefully a place you can congregate and plot your next gathering without the risk of being sent into cyber oblivion.

And if this isn't enough to atone for my sins, you may sentence me to a hundred lashes with a red CA thong. But only if they are administered by you know who.

A lovely reminder of the MI Diesels! 

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
mcraig2
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »

Kim Whoever you are...I totally agree with you, so there will be NO tomatoes.

Clay, of all people, should know not to judge someone so shallowly (is that a word?).  You're not the only one who didn't agree with him on the OFC, so I wouldn't sweat it.  I almost posted something...I may still, and I wasn't a huge Adam fan.  But...hey...talent is talent and I'd rather see him at the AI tour than any of the others!  At least he's exciting and dynamic!  Maybe Clay's just trying to protect his 2nd place .. you know...being more successful than the winner, which is obviously going to be the case this year.  Methinks the man might be a tad jealous.

Okay...throw tomatoes...they're my favorite food!!!  YUM!

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:33:03 AM »

Awesome exit interview for Adam, along with complete audition, and what all the other top 12 have to say about him (they all seem to love him!)

go here and scroll; there are 2 parts.

http://www.rickey.org/?p=16374

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »

Marilyn and ImaNut,

I agree with both of you  - I, too, thought maybe Clay was jealous (He does read some of the boards so must know how much we all luv Adam). Anyway, I wrote a comment too but haven't posted it - am still thinking about it. I could not believe he would judge Adam when he had watched only part of one song - prejudicial, uninformed. Ok, I'm ready for tomatoes too.

BTW, what is all this crap about Idol not being about the 'real' people? None of the contestants were professionals - even Adam, other than singing in bars, etc., which most aspiring musicians do, doing weddings, etc., and musical theater (the last two of which Clay did before Idol too). Adam looks professional because he is that good, that's all - that should be a point for him, not against him.

Just back from the dentist - everyone there was for Adam, too. Yesterday at Caity's softball game, everyone was in a hurry to get home to watch Adam win. So far I haven't met anyone who was for Kris - how can that be?

All in all, however, that was quite a show!

PS: Just saw that Kris and Adam will be on Larry King tomorrow night, in case you're interested.

Gotta get busy, missed all morning because of the dentist and have an appointment at the Post Office at 1:30 for my passport, and a game for Emily tonight (not to mention having to fit the grocery store in somewhere - and work.

It is a gorgeous day here in Toledo and is supposed to remain so for the next three days or so. I wish the same for all of you!

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 09:36:42 AM »

DECORATIONS FOR THE RTM MANSION........
Some of my favorite Clay pics.....
Love!

ImNOTjoemomma
Claymaniac

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:39:31 AM »

OK...I still can't BELIEVE he posted that!

It makes me think he was trying to "dispel rumors"...but really...that's just gonna make it waaaay worse. He does sound kinda...jealous...or something..?  Paranoid

I think what bothers me is that the comments about Adam (or ANY contestant-for that matter..considering Clay has BEEN there!) were completely unnecessary. He could easily have just said.."he's not my cup of tea" and left it at that.
Far less offensive.

ImNOTjoemomma
Claymaniac

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 09:53:18 AM »

One news show said 38 million of the votes came from Arkansas! Laughing

What's the population of Arkansas? lmao lmao

I'm actually happy for Kris. He's a cutie and I do think he has talent.
And...I can pretty much tell that Adam is happy for his BFF too...that's just the kinda guy he is. blush  :heartburst

And Kris...bless his heart... when they announced the winner...

But....But....But Adam...

That was funny. bigsmile
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »

I do like Kris too but feel so bad for Adam - he must really have been let down.  Now I feel guilty that I didn't use that automatic voting thingee on my puter, too lazy I guess. Oh, well - giving up the anger - nothing I can do.

Moving on ......

Have applied for my passport card, Sharon - will see you in August. Quite a panic at the PO though. I had my application, my birth certificate but when I went to get my driver's license out of my purse it wasn't there - anywhere. I searched my car, emptied my purse twice, etc. - finally found it at home in one of my coat pockets. They let me come right back though so I didn't have to start all over again. Whew! (did find a set of keys wedged in between my car seats that had been missing since Christmas so not all bad).

Ok, off to work for a while now.

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 11:36:25 AM »

PS: I have an extra set of three GOOD seats for the Palace AI concert if anyone is interested. Have to let me know before I post them somewhere else to sell, which will be very soon as they arrived this week.

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »

Thanks for the new thread Moonie, and I am not a member this year of the OFC, can't read the blog, but it sounds nasty Paranoid

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 12:56:03 PM »

Found this~~~

By Ramin Setoodeh

Whoa. So it's really true: Kris Allen is the new American Idol. Really. Seriously? This is the biggest upset—well, ever, in the show's eight seasons. Even more than when Chris Daughtry was voted out or when Ruben Studdard beat Clay Aiken. It wasn't just that Adam was pimped out by the judges more than any Idol contestant this season—Paula practically crowned him the winner when he sang "Black or White" 11 weeks ago—it's that he really was the best vocalist we've ever seen on Idol. Simon Cowell has even said that he thinks Adam's going to be an international star.

So what went wrong? Here are the top seven reasons why Adam Lambert lost American Idol.

1. Blame the judges. Just like it's now bad karma to be the front runner in the Oscar race (as Frost/Nixon can tell you) or the presidential election (as Hillary Clinton can tell you), it also doesn't help if you're the foregone winner of Idol long before the season is over. And here is where the judges didn't help Adam's case. Week after week, they didn't just praise him; they declared him The. Greatest. Singer. Ever. In. All. Of. History. Yes, he's a rock god, but when there's a preconceived notion that you've got the Idol crown in the bag, it makes your fans lazy and you lose votes. Kris Allen, on the other hand, consistently delivered solid performances and received mildly positive reviews from the judges. His fans felt like they had to fight harder to keep him in the contest.

2. But you should especially blame Kara DioGuardi. The new judge hasn't been getting much love from the blogosphere—especially after her gaffes involving "Studio 57" (she meant "Studio 54") and "Saturday Night Live" (she meant "Saturday Night Fever")—but she really proved to be the Joe Biden of Idol after she co-wrote the worst coronation song ever, "No Boundaries." The last song is usually how Simon manipulates America into voting for his favorite contestant, by unleashing a parade of superlatives. Not this year. "No Boundaries" was such a train wreck that neither of the contestants could pull it off. It literally left all the judges speechless, including Kara, who said she wasn't going to judge Kris based on her own song. Huh? In the end, the confusion was good for Kris. The judges weren't able to make one big last push for Adam.

3. Did we mention that Adam is a rock god? Idol has always favored syrupy balladeers or pop singers. It doesn't matter how well you can rock out—ask Chris Daughtry or Bo Bice or Carly Smithson or even Allison Iraheta. Rockers don't win American Idol.

4. The Christian factor. Last week, I wrote about how Adam (who hasn't spoken about his religious beliefs on the show) might be hurt by the fact that he was going up against two devout Christian finalists, Kris and Danny Gokey. Most of Gokey's fans probably ended up voting for Kris over Adam, giving him the boost he needed to win. You could say—as many of you have in the comments—that religion is an irrelevant criterion for judging a singing competition. But the fact remains that Idol is one of TV's most family-friendly shows, and it draws a large number of Christian viewers. Five out of seven of the past Idol winners have been very vocal about their Christian faith. Kris Allen had the edge here.

5. The gay factor. Adam Lambert hasn't talked about his sexuality publicly, but TV Guide reported that he was "openly gay," nonameblogger reported on his (alleged) boyfriend and there are photos circulating online of someone who looks like him kissing another guy. This shouldn't be an issue in 2009. But if you've read any of online chatter about Idol this year, you know that sadly, there's still plenty of hate out there. Adam has millions of fans, and it looked like he could strike an emphatic blow against homophobia, much the same way that Obama broke through the race barrier when he became the country's first black president. But his ambiguous sexuality still cost Adam votes.

6. The youth vote. Remember last week, when they played footage of Kris and Adam visiting their hometowns? Both were met with adoring crowds, but only one was greeted by wailing tween girls who looked like they were in the presence of a long-lost Jonas brother. Kris was the heartthrob who covered Kayne West and dressed like Chace Crawford. Lambert was the Broadway kid who sang Aerosmith and wore eyeliner. The girl vote went to Kris, an important victory—tween girls are the diehards who stay up for hours after the show texting and calling in their votes.

7. In the end, Adam was the better singer, but Kris might have been the more unique artist, despite what the judges said. Don't believe me? Prior to the finale, here are the Adam performances I most remember: "Black and White," "Tracks of My Tears," "Mad World," "If I Can't Have You." Here's Kris's list: "Ain't No Sunshine," "Falling Slowly," "She Works Hard for Her Money," "Heartless." Which songs are you more likely to have on your iPod? Kris beats Adam on mine. They're both terrific guys who have great careers ahead of them. But maybe Kris is the more deserving American Idol after all.

Who Knows, I tend to think that America is closed minded!!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Pauluka96
UltimateFan

Holder of Clay's Pepper Shaker

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »

A new home. I will gave to go and look in my photo bucket and see what sort of decorations I can find.
Sharon, I didn't join OFC this year either. Didn't think I was missing anything since he was never there. Would love to see what he had to say though!!
Wonder how Shirley is today. Hope she is doing good and listening to the DR.
Have a great day.

Keeper of Clay's Adams Apple
Keeper of the pepper shaker
Keeper of Clay's T shirt and I am never going to give it back
ImNOTjoemomma
Claymaniac

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 01:27:57 PM »

oops. Paranoid

I did it again.

Ok...NOW I'm done commenting on that blog. lmao lmao

karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 01:35:20 PM »

Someone agreed with you right away!  Two or 3 posts later.

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »

I just had to stop in and say how much I miss  you all.  And here is MARY.   wave Hi Mary!!!! 

Just got home from the doctors and he said it looked like the retina is attaching itself but will be a while to see how much sight I get back.  It maybe only 60%.  I can see thru the top part but it is all milky like but a deep burgundy/black covers the lower half of my eye.  So hope it will continue to go down the eye as it drives me kind of nuts.  Have had a little discomfort in the eye now and the doctor said the pressure is to high in the eye and gave me another prescription to take to try and lower and control the pressure, as he said that isn't good.  Also said I could hold my head up for longer periods now, hubby said Shirley is not a good patient at all she is to hyper!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am very upset that Adam didn't win last night.  I wished I could have been there for him so I could have given him a big hug and patted his back.  He is a class act and maybe Clay had better start taking lessons as he is really turning me off.  With all this down time has he even considered putting a show together for his fans and touring a little?  I think he is starting to realize just how many fans he has lost and will never get back. 

I loved David Cook last night, he is also a class act and is my favorite singer at this time, love his cd. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »

Just one more post!!!

I would love to thank PRISSY, SASHA, BETTY (Corbet), MARY, BARB,  ANGELA, GLORY, FRANKIE, EVELYN, THEA and JOANN and JENNIE,  For such beautiful cards I received in the mail.  Thanks so much for picking the cards out and mailing them to me, I know this all takes time and I so appreciated it.  Hubby did to as he opened them and liked reading them to.  Also thank DUDLEY for the calls that made me laugh so hard, also loved talking to SHARON and BRENDA.  I am always amazed at how kind and thoughtful my Claymaniac friends are. I will be back full time before  you know it. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »

WOW!!!

Never would have thought a Clay board would come to this. Unbelievable. Hope you all continue to enjoy Adam. Maybe this should be renamed the Glambertmaniacs.

It's a sad sad world when everyone is expected to have the same opinion.

wave

mcraig2
SuperFan

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 02:09:42 PM »

It's a sad sad world when everyone is expected to have the same opinion.

I don't think it's about having the same opinion about Adam.  My own personal thoughts about Clay's blog is that he didn't sound too fair if he watched only one performance by Adam.  I just feel he would've been better off not to post ANYthing about Adam.  I also feel it took a lot of people by surprise that he would do that.  I don't care at all that he doesn't like Adam (I didn't like some of his performances either), but I just wonder if his feelings about him are based on much.  That's all.  Or...maybe we just hold Clay to higher standards than that blog showed. .. ??

Oh...and....I guess there's not much Clay news, so that's why everyone's so Adamfied right now.  And the interaction we get with Clay is criticizing someone who did nothing to him.  Go figure.  (BTW...I'd feel the same way about Clays blog if it were directed at any other performer on AI...Kris, Allison, Danny...any of them.  I just don't think it was fair.)

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 02:23:56 PM »

Becky,

I also don't mind if people don't share my opinion about Adam so long as it is based on more than a couple of notes of one song. What  upset me about Clay's blog was not that he doesn't like Adam but that it seems rather baseless. I also think if he is going to voice an opinion it should be an educated, intelligent one and his own opinion and not based on what someone else has said who may not have seen him either (and if they are calling him arrogant then obviously they haven't been watching the same Idol I was watching).

By the way, I think pretty much all of us like Kris as well. It is almost impossible not to like him. He is such an unassuming sweet young man. It is just, for me, his talent is not unique; there are several stars who are much the same as he, whereas Adam is his own creation, very unique and extraordinary - he is one of a kind! Whereas Kris will most certainly be a star, Adam will be a superstar. Just my opinion.

Am giving up trying to work today - my heart is just not in it (I am sooo tired). Going to head to the softball game shortly then home and crash.

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 03:31:46 PM »

Becky,

I also don't mind if people don't share my opinion about Adam so long as it is based on more than a couple of notes of one song. What  upset me about Clay's blog was not that he doesn't like Adam but that it seems rather baseless. I also think if he is going to voice an opinion it should be an educated, intelligent one and his own opinion and not based on what someone else has said who may not have seen him either (and if they are calling him arrogant then obviously they haven't been watching the same Idol I was watching).

By the way, I think pretty much all of us like Kris as well. It is almost impossible not to like him. He is such an unassuming sweet young man. It is just, for me, his talent is not unique; there are several stars who are much the same as he, whereas Adam is his own creation, very unique and extraordinary - he is one of a kind! Whereas Kris will most certainly be a star, Adam will be a superstar. Just my opinion.

Great post B. Clapping

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 97 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx