gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:53:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 279
Total: 279

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE BACHELORETTE  (Read 32577 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« on: May 18, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »

I'm starting a new topic for THE BACHELORETTE.  Many of us watched THE BACHELOR as Jason let Jillian go for Molly and Melissa, so we already feel like we know Jillian.  I hope she finds her Prince Charming!!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »

Prissy, missed the first half of the show, so haven't gotten to know any guys yet, boy 30 men to pick from eek! sounds like we'll see some  Drama also Naughty did I hear a couple of them secretly had girlfriends

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 03:57:08 PM »

Sharon,

It sounds like some do have girlfriends and some are there just fro the publicity, like, perhaps, the country singer "wannabe."  No guys from Canada, but several from Texas including a very nice looking pilot from Dallas, Jake.  I read Chris Harrison's blog and he said they are not through filming the show yet, so no one knows who Jillian ends up with.  I've also read some of the messages from viewers.  One said Jillian really shouldn't pick a man who is better looking than she is. (Jake).  Laughing

Jillian showed a lot of class when she gave the first impression rose to a man who when he met her was struck speechless.  All he could do was look down.  Later, he apologized for making such a bad first impression and she said to not worry about it; he made a very good second impression.  Then she gave him the first impression rose.  Very sweet! 

Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »

Prissy,
I agree., that was really a nice thing for Jillian to do.
I hope she finds someone really special and they live
"Happily Ever After" together.  bigsmile 

In the Cookies of Life
Friends are the Chocolate Chips !! Cookie
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 09:24:31 AM »

Hello Anniebell, will you be watching The Bachelorette on a regular basis??? By the way, I'm Sharon, nice to meet you Smile

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 09:26:55 AM »

Carol,

Great to see you here on this thread.  I think Jillian is a really kind hearted, fun gal.  This should be a good season of THE BACHELORETTE, but I'm sure we will have a lot of drama, like Sharon said.

Here is a link to THE BACHELORETTE, where you can click on to the bios of Jillian, Chris Harrison, and all the guys!!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/bachelorette/index?pn=index

Here is some information about Jillian and what to expect on the shows this season from the above link:

Jillian Harris, the intelligent, independent, passionate woman who fell just short of her goal -- hoping that Jason Mesnick could be her best friend, soul mate and future husband on the just completed hit season of The Bachelor -- will have her own opportunity to find true love, as the fifth edition of the female version of the ABC's popular romance reality series premieres at a special time on MONDAY, MAY 18 (9:02-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

An instant fan favorite on the last edition of The Bachelor, Jillian, 29, immediately charmed America with her irrepressible humor and emotional honesty. She currently resides in Vancouver, British Columbia and works as a restaurant interior designer, successfully supervising projects in both Canada and the U.S. Vivacious and energetic, She always lives life to the fullest, but she is ready to settle down with her soulmate and is confident that she can find the love of her life on The Bachelorette. Jillian, who has enjoyed being part of a tight knit family, is an only child and is excited at the thought of starting her own family.

This season's premiere begins with 25 eligible men arriving from all over the country to try and win Jillian's heart, including an Olympic cyclist, a break dance instructor, a pizza entrepreneur, a commercial pilot and a wine maker, as well as a successful lawyer, general contractor, business developer and oil and gas consultant. Each is more handsome than the next with standout personalities. All the men saw Jillian on The Bachelor and can't wait to meet her.

But in a stunning, first-ever twist, five strikingly handsome late arrivals crash the party. Jillian will be the first person in the history of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette to have 30 suitors to select from.

Once again during the season, trios of lucky bachelors get to live in the mansion with Jillian, while the rest of the men must live together in an unspectacular bunkhouse down the hill. And, during one of the episodes, the bachelors must vote for the man they'd most like to send home - much to one stunned and unhappy bachelor's dismay.

Jillian's hunt for Mr. Right will take place during some of the most romantic and adventurous dates ever with exciting surprises in store for her bachelors as they travel around the globe for intimate dates in California, Hawaii, Canada and Spain. Jillian takes one lucky man on her ultimate dream date: a private concert by Grammy Award-winner and four-time CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Martina McBride at the House of Blues in Hollywood. McBride will sing her hit "Ride," as well as her new single, "I Just Call You Mine," from her new album, "Shine," which debuted at No. 1 on the Country Album charts. Seven bachelors go on a group date to Venice Beach, California, for a game of pick-up basketball. Little did they know that they would play against the world famous Harlem Globetrotters. In the most daring date in Bachelorette history, Jillian takes one man on a helicopter ride to the roof of the Bonaventure Hotel in downtown Los Angeles, but the only way down is to rappel 30 floors to the pool. Will the guy have the courage to measure up to our most daring Bachelorette? Then, it's "lights, camera, action!" as 11 bachelors get to channel their inner John Wayne on a movie set, acting in an old-fashioned Western. Are there any scene stealers, or just those who would like to steal a kiss?

Traveling north, Canada becomes Jillian's personal playground with the guys, as she takes some of the bachelors to her hometown of Vancouver, showing them the city sights through her eyes. Then she takes one man ziplining through a mountain in Whistler and six of the men get a truly romantic surprise, traveling on The Rocky Mountaineer for a spectacular cross-country train journey, stopping for dates in some of the most beautiful places in North America.

As in the past, men will continue to be eliminated each week, but if at any point along the way a bachelor should decide that he's no longer interested in the Bachelorette, he can reject her invitation to continue dating. Two lucky men will meet her family, and she will visit the final bachelors' hometowns for a slice of their lives in an effort to determine the man with whom she is most compatible -- but there are surprises in store for Jillian that shake her world. At the end of the journey, the Bachelorette may quite possibly have found true love. But the big question is: After all of this, will he pop the question, and will she say yes?

Hosted by Chris Harrison, The Bachelorette is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers. The Bachelorette is broadcast with Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning.

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 09:29:28 AM »

Prissy, as usual the hostess with the mostess, thanks for the link Wink

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »

Sharon,

I added some info about the shows to my post before yours!

Carol,

Sharon is one of my most favorite people on Claymaniacs.  She is from Canada and posts mostly on the RTM thread but she does visit us on the OCD on occasion.  Wink

I hope we will have more to join us this season on this thread. 

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »

You are sweet, you know that Huggles the feeling is mutual Wink

Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 10:41:29 AM »

Hi Sharon,
Yup I will be watching the Bachlorette . It is really
nice to meet you too !!! I have an appointment so gotta
get going. I am looking forward to talking to you through 
the season.  bigsmile Carol   

In the Cookies of Life
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »

Hi, Prissy, Sharon and Annabelle.  wave

I've watched all of the Bacholer/ette shows but usually don't follow them in the internet but I think that I will this season because I liked Jillian very much last season. I also am not spending my time reading everything about Survivor.

I'm also looking forward to getting to know you all.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 06:40:04 PM »

Mary, our friend from the Garden Thread!  Welcome to THE BACHELORETE thread.

I always say I'm not going to watch THE BACHELOR or BACHELORETTE because very seldom is a real long lasting love match made, but I always watch a few episodes and then I'm "hooked!"   Laughing

I go online to find any news, tidbits, or pictures to share!! I will try not to give away anything before it happens.

Hug

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 05:07:45 AM »

Well well, Jillian is certainly having a good time Laughing talk about a bunch of good looking dudes .  She is set to have fun this season, can you tell Laughing I loved the date with Jake, he seems very nice, and kind of exciting I don't like guys in speedos, so Mike being "spontaneous" was not my cup of tea Paranoid
Also not fond of Wes the musician, he is a little too bold for me JMHO.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 06:35:24 AM »

I'm starting to doubt there is a love match for Jillian in this group!! shock  Maybe one of the guys we haven't got to know well yet?

Sharon,
I think Wes is there just to further his career as a country singer.  I don't see a spark between him and Jillian.  And at first I liked Juan, but he is so clingy and needy. He's always begging Jillian not to send him home.  And he was the guy the others voted to go home, but Jillian saved him with a rose.   I think some of the guys think he is gay.  He does come across kind of feminine!!

Jake from Dallas, the airline pilot, was my first impression pick.  I think they got along really well on their date, but for some reason, he did not seem macho enough to me last night. 

And Tanner from Texas with the foot fetish!! eek!  Why is he still there?  He kind of creeps me out.

I know!  I am being really critical of  these guys.  Hopefully, there will be a "shining star" among them.  And maybe it will be Jake??

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 07:25:40 AM »

And Tanner from Texas with the foot fetish!! eek!  Why is he still there?  He kind of creeps me out.

Puke Prissy, I forgot about him, that creeps me out too Paranoid

Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 09:31:08 AM »

Foot fetish Tanner creeps me out too! Mike pretty much revolted me.....exhibitionist that he is. I didn't like Wes either because I don't think that he is there for the right reason.

So many good looking guys and I hope some are truly there for the right reason. I can't keep track of them all yet.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 09:39:48 AM »

So many good looking guys and I hope some are truly there for the right reason. I can't keep track of them all yet.

Hi Mary, I'm Sharon wave it will take some time to keep them all straight Wink funny how some are just non existent at this point Laughing

Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 09:55:07 AM »

Hi Prissy,Sharon and  Mary,
I really wonder about that Tanner,  being obsessed with
feet. Thats"Goofy."  I really don't care much for him
or David at all.  So far I think the best one is Jake.
There was one I liked that she let go and I can't remenber
his name. He was in the front row at the rose ceremony.
He had dark hair and a great smile. I'm sure you know
exactly who I'm talking about. Laughing  I really wonder to if
there is a match there for Jillian. I hope there is.  Smile

In the Cookies of Life
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 12:42:53 PM »

Hello, Ladies!

I found this list online of the 16 bachelors who are left and the four who went home.  I will try to add pictures to the list later!

The Rose Ceremony

Four guys already had roses, so Jillian had to pick 12 more to continue the experience.

Wes, 32, musician from Austin, TX (first group date rose)

Jake, 31, commercial pilot from Dallas, TX (one-on-one date rose)

Mike, 28, baseball camp owner from New York, NY (second group date rose)

Juan, 35, general contractor from Santa Monica, CA (saved from the vote off)

Jesse, 27, wine maker from Carmel Valley, CA

David, 27, trucking contractor from Dayton, OH

Ed, 29, technology consultant from Chicago, IL

Sasha, 27, oil and gas consultant from Tiki Island, TX

Mark, 26, pizza entrepreneur from Denver, CO

Michael, 25, break dance instructor from Astoria, NY

Tanner P., 30, financial analyst from Dallas, TX

Kiptyn, 31, business developer from Encinitas, CA

Reid, 30, realtor from Philadelphia, PA

Robby, 25, bartender from Spring, TX

Tanner F., 28, sales representative from Derby, KS

Brad, 27, financial advisor from Chicago, IL

The following 4 guys went home tonight:

Mathue, 26, personal trainer from Wichita, KS
Simon, 26, soccer coach from Bradford, England
Julien, 34, restaurateur from San Diego, CA
Brian, 32, IT consultant from Atlanta, GA

Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 07:25:47 AM »

Hi, Sharon, nice to meet you.

There are too many bachelors to keep track of and they all have darker hair.

Thanks, Prissy, for all the pictures. I think that I'll spend some time trying to recognise them.

When Survivor comes on I study the Bios and pre-show videos on the official Survivor site so that I'll recognise all of the contestants before the show starts.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx