gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 442
Total: 442

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: FINALE - Week of 5-19-09  (Read 33115 times)
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2009, 07:17:57 PM »

Could someone tell me the reaction of the judges....

I caught a brief glimpse of Simon.  He was sort of staring into space.  I think he was stunned and probably a bit P.O.d ?).

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »

I wonder what kind of contract the runner-up has to sign. I'd like to think that coming in second will actually work out better for Adam than winning would have. (And I think that winning will help Kris more than coming in second would have.)

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2009, 07:27:29 PM »

Now we will forever see Adam and Clay compared as who is the best runner-up

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2009, 07:30:30 PM »

I turned off my computer early because we have had  a bad thunder storm and

tornado warniings, it has quietened down with just heavy rain now.

Sounds like you all had fun and a big surprise. I knew my one vote for

Kris would do it.
                                   They do waste a lot of time with rubbish though.

Good Night All,
                                                                                               Betty
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »

My hubby was totally shocked that Adam didn't win.  I told him from things that I was reading today at various places seemed that Kris definitely had a shot.  Some people didn't like Adam as much because of his "screaming" or being more theatrical, and unfortunately, some even were against him because of his suspected sexual preference.  As far as I'm concerned Adam was the best talent by far, even though I did like Kris.  I do agree that Adam will not have to worry about having a successful career.  If anyone watches the video of the show, I saw one of the members of Queen put his arm around Adam after their song, and it looked like he was telling Adam how great he was.  Oh well, all I know is that I'm not nearly as upset as I was when Clay came in second!!!  Well, I'm tired and going to go to bed.  Have a great evening everyone, and congratulations to Kris.  He seems like a wonderful young man.

Debbie
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2009, 07:38:04 PM »

Oh, well - another year where the person who came in second will be more successful than the "Idol"  Thank goodness I am over Idol and watch just for fun! If Allison does get to make a CD, I think that will be the one I will want to buy.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2009, 07:46:26 PM »

Frankie~ I agree with you...I might buy an album by Allison but doubt I would for either  Adam or Kris..and I definetly DON'T want a single of "No Boundries",no way no how....

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2009, 07:57:20 PM »

I Am So,So, So Happy, Happy, Happy Kris Won !!!!!!!!!!
Clapping Clapping bigsmile Clapping Clapping bigsmile Clapping Clapping  bigsmile

In the Cookies of Life
Friends are the Chocolate Chips !! Cookie
cadyks
Claynewbie

« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2009, 12:18:35 AM »

I'm shocked that Adam didn't win.  He was a class act and has a beautiful voice, great looks, great artistry, the whole package.  I'm not watching Idol any more.  He was discriminated against.  Danny voters moved to Chis to keep Adam from winning..... 
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2009, 12:26:44 AM »

Clay answered an AI8 Q...a must read!

...just click on Clay's name to search out his posts...wow...so interesting!!!

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2009, 04:38:52 AM »

I voted all evening for Adam.  Adam will do just fine.  Kris needed this more than Adam did.  They are both very nice young men and I am happy for them both.
I will definitely buy Adam's cd and Allison's.  Those two are extremely talented.
I enjoyed the show last night - a lot of good entertainment.  Hey, its American Idol, what did you expect??

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2009, 07:14:15 AM »

AI 8 Finale Photo Gallery at newsday.com

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Michael
Administrator
Claycrazy

« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2009, 12:18:25 PM »

A trained monkey can singer better then Kris.  Hell,  If I was not 38 I would audition to be on AI,  as I sing a hell of a lot better then Kris.  Kris reminds me of a bad karaoke singer.  Adam will be 1000x more successful then Kris.  They should rename American Idol to Pretty boy Idol.

America has problems,  America is NOT the problem.
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2009, 01:07:18 PM »

Well, that was a shocker! Paranoid
I really thought Adam was going to win it this year, so when Ryan said Kris' name, my mouth just flew open, Jaw drop! until I remembered that I didn't really care away. Laughing
I've been so disinterested in Idol, I haven't even watched the whole finale yet, I taped it on one TV and only half watched it on another, I think I'm really getting tired of Idol, the way they've always treated Clay, especially now making up rumors about him, (I knew he wasn't trying to reach out to Adam! What on earth would those two sing together? Laughing Thank goodness Justin Guarini confirmed it was all a bunch of crap and Clay wasn't thrown out of the Idol building, Clapping it just bothers me that people actually believe that stuff, so much so, that they were talking about it on the radio here after Bill Zwecker's "article" appeared in the Chicago Sun-Times. Paranoid ) Anyway, after that, the judges antics that I'm so tired of, (how many times can they claim to have the "most talented and original" contestants year after year, isn't that demeaning to all the wonderful talent they've had in years past? This has bothered me since Clay's season, and I didn't like Simon calling Adam the most original contestant ever, when he sang a song he'd already done over again, "Mad World" when David Cook on the other hand was so original, he wouldn't repeat a song on the finale. bigsmile ) and with the only so-so talent this season, it was hard to really get excited about anyone. Even the finale seemed like the "poor mans" version of the two Davids all over again. Smile
My final thoughts are that Adam was totally robbed, Smile he was the best this season, but he'll still have a great career. Clapping Maybe not winning will work out better for him? Who knows? And there is something to the fact that maybe he was too much of a professional to win, being with Wicked and all, and maybe America wanted more of an unknown to win, maybe they were tired of Adam being the favorite and feeling like they were being told who to vote for, like Clay said in his lovely and interesting blog. Smile But I'm only guessing, because I didn't vote anyway. Smile
Now Kris, I'm not upset that he won, he's a nice guy, he's cute, he can sing, probably a little forgettable, I can't imagine his career going too far, but good for him anyway. I'm kinda glad another rocker didn't win after David Cook, now he remains, at least so far, the only rocker to have won, his win won't be upstaged by Adam's, and he managed to do what Chris Daughtry and now Adam couldn't, by winning, and that makes me happy. (To think that David C. got so many more votes over all the "Archie" and "ArchAngels", (i.e. David A. fans,) and Adam couldn't get more than the less-interesting-then-David-Archuleta, Kris! wow )
As I've been saying over the past several months....(agreeing with SUNNY and LINDSAY)  Adam is the one I want to see on stage;  however I doubt seriously that I would buy his CD's.  His voice grates on me at times, esp. when he goes into his falsetto.   On the other hand, IMO Kris would be quite boring in a concert , but I will buy his CD's in a heartbeat because his gentle, easy style makes for good "chilling" music.
I couldn't agree more Thea! Clapping You said exactly what I was thinking! Huggles
Anyway, I can't imagine that I'd follow either one of their careers, buy their albums or pay to see them live, but even without all of my help, Laughing lmao I still bet Adam will do just fine for himself and outshine the winner, and Kris, hopefully he'll have a good career too with Idol's backing. I wish them both luck! Clapping Clapping
For me though, I've already found my Idol, twice over, bigsmile and nobody compairs to the two guys in my avie! blush

Of course the best part of the night that I did see, was David Cook singing Permanent. Clapping Not Worthy Clapping Thank you for posting the lyrics to that beautiful song Michelle! Huggles
My love and respect for David just keeps growing, for him to sing such a moving and deeply personal song for his brother, so soon after losing him...there's just no words. Clapping What a great and amazing guy! :heartburst
David Cook seems like a really decent guy. I like what I've seen.
I agree Sunny! Huggles

And finally, Congratulations on the new job Michelle! Big Hug! Celebrate congrats!

wave ~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx