gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:28:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 414
Total: 414

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: FINALE - Week of 5-19-09  (Read 33322 times)
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »

If Adam doesn't win, it will be sorta like season 2 to me Wink
There you are! I was wondering when you would drop by. bigsmile

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 08:23:48 PM »

If Adam doesn't win, it will be sorta like season 2 to me Wink
There you are! I was wondering when you would drop by. bigsmile

Sunny, had to watch the finale of DWTS Clapping Clapping
I thought Adam was just wonderful tonight Clapping BUT~~~~~~the song co written by Kara, was not my favorite for either.  The Sam Cooke song~~I had goosebumps

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »

Oh, and I loved the guy next door and the guy liner line~~~wondered at first where Ryan was goin' with it though Paranoid Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »

I have about 7 of the RTM ladies coming up here to Canada to my place to see the Idol tour in Hamilton, staying for the weekend, how much fun will that be Laughing

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 09:45:29 PM »

I have about 7 of the RTM ladies coming up here to Canada to my place to see the Idol tour in Hamilton, staying for the weekend, how much fun will that be Laughing
I'll call to reserve a cell for y'all now. Wink

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Michael
Administrator
Claycrazy

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2009, 03:58:49 AM »

My dog can hold a tune better then Kris.  I am at a loss how he made it this far.  Those of you that like him because he is a "pretty boy" ruin the entire concept of AI.  Need to vote for talent and not looks.

America has problems,  America is NOT the problem.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2009, 04:38:41 AM »

I'll call to reserve a cell for y'all now. Wink

bigsmile

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2009, 04:56:35 AM »

I fully expect Adam to win, but I would buy Kris' CD over his. Not because I don't think Adam has talent - he certainly has a lot of that - but because his voice is not my cup of tea. I like Kris a lot, and not because he is a pretty boy. I like his voice and his musicianship. As corny as it sounds, I feel the song when I listen to him. Smile

It's a pity that the winner has to release "No Boundaries" as his first single. That song is terrible!

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2009, 05:22:33 AM »

I fully expect Adam to win, but I would buy Kris' CD over his. Not because I don't think Adam has talent - he certainly has a lot of that - but because his voice is not my cup of tea. I like Kris a lot, and not because he is a pretty boy. I like his voice and his musicianship. As corny as it sounds, I feel the song when I listen to him. Smile
Mm, you have a point. But I think I'd rather go to see Adam in concert--I think he'd put on a more interesting show. (And I might pick up a few make-up tips.) Wink

It's a pity that the winner has to release "No Boundaries" as his first single. That song is terrible!
Yeah, it's really too bad they take a song and impose it on someone, rather than find something that fits the singer.

ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2009, 06:49:13 AM »

Is it some unwritten rule that the two AI finalists have to sing such a fabricated, motivational? ... inspirational? ... song on the night of final competition.  That's bad enough, but to make whoever wins record it as their first single is even worse.

A non-idol note.  I heard someone talking about a young singer from the Phillipines named Charise singing a song called "Note To God" written by Diane Warren on the Oprah show.  I just saw it on You Tube.  Wow! Can that young girl sing!!

See you all here tonight.  Bye for now.   wave

Debbie
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2009, 07:15:46 AM »

My dog can hold a tune better then Kris.  I am at a loss how he made it this far.  Those of you that like him because he is a "pretty boy" ruin the entire concept of AI.  Need to vote for talent and not looks.

MICHAEL, I guesss your definition of a "pretty boy" differs from mine.  Actually, I think Adam is much "prettier" than Kris.  (esp. when he uses his eye makeup).  Laughing  And although I agree with you that Kris doesn't have a great voice...in my mind he has a voice that has a certain wide appeal....relaxing and easy to listen to.  . Sometimes that's what people want to hear.  And I do think that he can hold a tune quite well. 

As I've been saying over the past several months....(agreeing with SUNNY and LINDSAY)  Adam is the one I want to see on stage;  however I doubt seriously that I would buy his CD's.  His voice grates on me at times, esp. when he goes into his falsetto.   On the other hand, IMO Kris would be quite boring in a concert , but I will buy his CD's in a heartbeat because his gentle, easy style makes for good "chilling" music. 

So, all in all, I think we disagree on what makes an "American Idol".   IMHO there is no set standard .

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2009, 08:17:04 AM »

Is it some unwritten rule that the two AI finalists have to sing such a fabricated, motivational? ... inspirational? ... song on the night of final competition.
There sure seems to be, from Kelly's A Moment Like This all the way through to David Cook's Time of My Life (which, to me, still doesn't sound like a song he would choose to sing). hypnotic

That's bad enough, but to make whoever wins record it as their first single is even worse.
Yup. The singer and the song should have a synergistic effect together. But some of these songs are so hokey, they're just at odds with the singers.

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2009, 08:29:54 AM »

Mm, you have a point. But I think I'd rather go to see Adam in concert--I think he'd put on a more interesting show. (And I might pick up a few make-up tips.) Wink

Laughing

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2009, 05:02:04 PM »

***RESULTS SHOW TIME***

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2009, 05:03:08 PM »

Just under 100 million votes last night

About 624 million votes for the entire season.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2009, 05:05:53 PM »

Judge intro from Ryan with clips from the entire season:

Randy - for me for you

Kara - sweetie

Paula - Miss Vocabulary

Simon - nothing passes him by, hears everything then clips of "what?"

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »

wave    Hi Michelle

I'm here tonight mainly because I have been for the whole season.  I really don't care who wins but I enjoy the company here.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »

Kris and Adam are introduced. They both come out in white

Ryan asks Kris a question and then hands him a mic that isn't turned on...he then hands the same mic to Adam to talk.  Roll eyes

Mikaylah Gordon a.k.a. one of the most irritating contestants - is hosting the party in Arkansas for Kris

Carly Smithson a.k.a. can't make it in the biz even though I've had a thousand opportunities - is hosting the party in Los Angeles for Adam

The Top 13 come out in all white for a group song called "So What". I believe it is a Pink song.

So What - Pink

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2009, 05:10:47 PM »

Well I'm glad you're here Barb!

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »

The group song is not bad 

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx