gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: FINALE - Week of 5-19-09  (Read 33246 times)
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2009, 07:00:55 PM »

Go figure -- they had two hours tonight and that wasn't enough time, they are still going to run overtime

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2009, 07:01:48 PM »

Simon says they are both brilliant, incredibly nice people, should be very proud of what they achieved last night and the future is all theirs.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »

****THE WINNER OF AMERICAN IDOL 8****

KRIS ALLEN

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2009, 07:03:30 PM »

My predicition is this will be another year where the second place finisher will have a bigger career than the winner.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

Barbara
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »

Kris receives the new American Idol winners trophy.

Kris is speechless. He recognizes Adam. He thanks those that voted for him.

Kris sings the AI 8 winner's song "No Boundaries"

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »

I am going to Puke

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »

Oh!  I am stunned and speechless.  And frankly I am embarassed for Kris.  He knows he shouldn't have won.  But that's life.

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2009, 07:07:24 PM »

I was mildly surprised tonight but not as surprised as I was with the outcome of DWTS last night.

Adam will do fine, I have no doubt

Michelle - thanks so much for leading us through this season.  I really did enjoy coming here every week to "watch" with all of you.

Now we need some news from Clay so we will have something to discuss.

Barbara
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

!
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2009, 07:07:29 PM »

I WAS CAUGHT COMPLETELY OFF GUARD!

I did not expect KRIS to win.   In truth, I think KRIS needed the win more than ADAM.

ADAM will have no worries about a lucrative career!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »

My predicition is this will be another year where the second place finisher will have a bigger career than the winner.
That's what I'm thinking, too. I just think Adam wants this more than Kris.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »

****THE WINNER OF AMERICAN IDOL 8****

KRIS ALLEN

Oh, Michael is not going to be happy about this. Paranoid

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2009, 07:10:24 PM »

Truer words have never been spoken, WILSON BARB.  Although I do see Kris having a very successful recording career.  

Yes, Adam was robbed.   But don't shed too many tears for him.  He'll do just fine!!!!!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2009, 07:10:43 PM »

My piteful little amount of votes must have helped afterall    yay

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2009, 07:10:47 PM »

YESSS!!!!!

I didnt watch the whole show- I just flipped onto the channel a couple of times. Caught the car presentations. Caught a bit of Rod Stewart. Bummed that I missed Queen. So I just turned on at 10:00 and there we are. Missed all the drama, but I like the outcome.

Kris is so humble- reminds me of someone else a teeny bit

GOOD FOR HIM!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2009, 07:11:25 PM »

Well, I'm very surprised. As much as I like Kris, I also think this will be another year where the runner-up outshines the winner. But, we all know how that can turn out. Wink

I'm curious. Did anyone watch Adam closely right before the results were announced? I looked at Randy and said, "He totally pulled a Clay. Kris is going to be the winner." Not that he saw the card, but his body language. He was turned toward Kris just as Clay did to Ruben.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2009, 07:13:47 PM »

I didn't vote this year.  I decided to go with the flow.  It kept my blood pressure down.

Thanks, MICHELLE and all those who "pitched in" to make this home sweet home on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings these past 5 months!!!

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »

Could someone tell me the reaction of the judges....

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2009, 07:15:24 PM »

I'm curious. Did anyone watch Adam closely right before the results were announced? I looked at Randy and said, "He totally pulled a Clay. Kris is going to be the winner." Not that he saw the card, but his body language. He was turned toward Kris just as Clay did to Ruben.

Hmm, I missed that b/c I wasn't looking at the screen. I'll have to watch video of it. Thanks for the tip to look!

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »

Lyndsay I did, and thought the same.  Yep I KNOW Adam will have a wonderful career, but Sunny I agree with you, Adam wanted it more than Kris

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2009, 07:16:13 PM »

I noticed that as well, LINDSAY.  It was eerily similar to the Ruben and Clay moment.   Paranoid

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx