gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:42:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 30:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 214053 times)
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1820 on: August 19, 2009, 10:27:21 AM »

I'm wondering what he looks like, too, Gwenn.  For all we know, he could be a brunette again.
With dredlocks! Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1821 on: August 19, 2009, 10:45:27 AM »

Help, I'm trapped in the land of Facebook!!!!  Paranoid  Please rescue me.    And it looks like several of you are getting to that point, as well.   Laughing

Gotta go run some errands, so at least that will get me away from the computer for a while....

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1822 on: August 19, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »

GOT A LOT DONE TODAY.  ALL THE GIFTS I HAVE BEEN NEEDING ARE BOUGHT. 

MY FRIENDS ARE THE BEST.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1823 on: August 19, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »

Clay answered a few more questions at the OFC tonight -- start at 9753

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1824 on: August 19, 2009, 08:08:13 PM »

THANKS, BARB.  INTERESTING ANSWERS.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1825 on: August 19, 2009, 08:29:02 PM »

THANKS, BARB.  INTERESTING ANSWERS.

GWENN

Some of them were.  I guess he just wants to keep us confused

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

Barbara
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1826 on: August 19, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »

I AM GLAD WE FINALLY KNOW THAT TITN WASN'T RELEASED CAUSE THE LABEL DIDN'T WANT IT, NOT CLAY.  I JUST LOVE HIS CANDOR.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1827 on: August 20, 2009, 05:17:55 AM »

That answer about music videos seemed stilted to me--a little too practiced, maybe. I think he'd accept being in Top 40 radio just fine if he wound up there. shrug

Chocolate cake and pickles? He is one strange bird. hypnotic

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1828 on: August 20, 2009, 06:10:32 AM »

YEAH, SUNNY.  FIRST I THOUGHT HE WAS ALLERGIC TO CHOCOLATE.  SEEMS THAT PASSED WHICH ALLERGIES MANY TIMES DO.  BUT PICKLES AND CAKE?  HIS WHOLE FAMILY EATS IT?  JUST DISGUSTING.

WHAT INTERESTED ME MOST ABOUT THE TITN VIDEO ANSWER IS THAT IS DEFINITELY CONFIRMS WHAT SO MANY OF US HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT RCA SABOTAGING HIS CAREER.  HE LOOKED HOT IN THAT VIDEO.  SULKY AND EDGY.  BUILT GREAT.  A LITTLE GAY? MAYBE BUT NOT ENOUGH TO TURN OFF YOUNG GIRLS.  HE LOOKED YOUNG AND WITH IT.  NOT ENOUGH AI?  WELL, WHOSE NAME COMES TO MIND---MR OLD FART DAVIS.  FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, CLAY HAD AN UPHILL BATTLE WITH THEM.  SUCH A SHAME.

VIDEOS?  I THINK HE KNOWS THAT HE ISN'T EVER GONNA SELL LIKE HE DID YEARS AGO AND IF THE ARTIST HAS TO PAY FOR THE VIDEO, IT IS NOT COST EFFECTIVE FOR HIM.  COUNTRY STILL SHOWS VIDEOS A LOT, BUT I AM NOT SO SURE WITH POP. HONESTLY, WHO KNOWS?  CLAY COULD CHANGE HIS MIND ON A DIME.  HE DOES THAT A LOT.  FOR WHAT HE WAS GIVEN FROM RCA, IT PROBABLY DIDN'T MAKE FINANCIAL SENSE TO MAKE A "STORY" VIDEO.

WE WILL SEE.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1829 on: August 20, 2009, 06:22:07 AM »

So-nobody missed me? <sniff>

My computer at home is infected. My printer is broken. and needs parts Someone in New Jersey made a charge on my check card last week - so I had to cancel and get a new one.

A week ago Saturday I got a small cut on my ankle. It got infected. I finally went to the podiatrist yesterday and got yelled at- its cellulitis (Philly, you were correct!!!) He came at me with the scalpel and tweezers and cut out some of the infection.  I have antibiotics.

It has been a horrible week.

Except- yay for Clay on Decca. I love his sense of humor with the questions.

I am posting at work and I really should not be- so, catch you later. Huggles Huggles

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1830 on: August 20, 2009, 06:24:27 AM »

That answer about music videos seemed stilted to me--a little too practiced, maybe. I think he'd accept being in Top 40 radio just fine if he wound up there. shrug

I agree totally. I think if any of his newer work ended up there he would be very happy. I believe he wanted to in the beginning but RCA hampered him in so many ways that he lowered his expectations in order to not be unhappy- or to "fail" in reaching that list.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1831 on: August 20, 2009, 07:16:34 AM »

I agree totally. I think if any of his newer work ended up there he would be very happy. I believe he wanted to in the beginning but RCA hampered him in so many ways that he lowered his expectations in order to not be unhappy- or to "fail" in reaching that list.

I TOTALLY AGREE.  CLAY HAS A DEFENSE MECHANISM WHERE HE ALTERS HIS FEELINGS TO PROTECT HIMSELF.  JUST LIKE HE TOLD DIANE SAWYER A SIMILAR KIND OF THING--CAN'T REMEMBER THE EXACT WORDS---ABOUT BEING GAY.  SHE CALLED HIM ON IT AND HE WAS VERY DEFENSIVE AND THAT STUPID GIGGLE HAPPENED.  ER USED TO DO THIS.  MY BROTHER DOES ALSO WHEN WE TALK ABOUT THE GAY ISSUE.  IT IS JUST SELF DEFENSE. 

BTW--I DID MISS YOU MARILYN.

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1832 on: August 20, 2009, 09:26:58 AM »

VIDEOS?  I THINK HE KNOWS THAT HE ISN'T EVER GONNA SELL LIKE HE DID YEARS AGO AND IF THE ARTIST HAS TO PAY FOR THE VIDEO, IT IS NOT COST EFFECTIVE FOR HIM.  COUNTRY STILL SHOWS VIDEOS A LOT, BUT I AM NOT SO SURE WITH POP. HONESTLY, WHO KNOWS?  CLAY COULD CHANGE HIS MIND ON A DIME.  HE DOES THAT A LOT.  FOR WHAT HE WAS GIVEN FROM RCA, IT PROBABLY DIDN'T MAKE FINANCIAL SENSE TO MAKE A "STORY" VIDEO.

I think pop videos went out long ago, even before TRL went off the air. Artists still make them (Rob Thomas' newest one comes to mind), but the most effective medium to show them isn't television anymore - it's YouTube, iTunes, etc. I'm not sure they're cost effective - no matter who's paying for them. Throw that money into another form of promotion. Smile

Couldn't agree more.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1833 on: August 20, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »

Marilyn,
                 You must have missed my recent post. I did ask about your leg.

See you are missed!!!

Betty
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1834 on: August 20, 2009, 02:39:44 PM »

I've heard Faye has said it's a southern thing. Several of the little 'ol ladies at church do it. I've tried it and just think it's a gross thing. Puke

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1835 on: August 20, 2009, 04:20:08 PM »

I'm southern and I like chocolate cake .... and pickles.

BUT NOT TOGETHER   :shocked

Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1836 on: August 20, 2009, 04:33:12 PM »

Peanut butter and pickles...maybe.  Pickles in potato or egg salad....yes.  Chocolate cake with pickles.....not a chance.

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1837 on: August 20, 2009, 05:21:34 PM »

I've heard Faye has said it's a southern thing. Several of the little 'ol ladies at church do it. I've tried it and just think it's a gross thing. Puke

I figured it had to be a southern thang. But yikes! It's like the entire south is pregnant. hypnotic

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1838 on: August 20, 2009, 07:50:49 PM »

HI Y'ALL.

I HAD A WONDERFUL EVENING.  REMEMBER CHRISTIE?  WELL, WE TRY TO SEE EACH OTHER AT LEAST EVERY 6 WEEKS.  WE DID TONIGHT AND HAD A VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING.  REMEMBERING SOME WONDERFUL CLAY TIMES.  LAUGHING AND HOPING FOR MORE GOOD TIMES TO COME.

THIS MAN HAS BROUGHT SO MUCH  JOY TO SO MANY OF US.  I LOVE HIM.

BARRY WAS GREAT ABOUT IT ALL.  HE GETS IT.

SO MUCH TO DO TOMORROW MORNING.  OFF TO  NYC AND THE HAMPTONS TOMORROW.

LIFE CAN BE SO GOOD.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1839 on: August 20, 2009, 07:55:53 PM »

BARRY WAS GREAT ABOUT IT ALL.  HE GETS IT.

Ya gotta love Barry: "My wife's in love with some gay guy who eats pickles with dessert and sings once in a while. What's not to get?" Wink

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx