gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:07:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 279
Total: 279

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 3 - Week of 5-12-09  (Read 25692 times)
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2009, 05:09:35 AM »

WHO EVER thinks that Kris belongs in the finale over Danny needs to stop doing the crack.  Kris should of been voted off weeks ago,  his voice sucks.  Its the "pretty boy" looks that got him this far.  Just another reminder AI is a popularity contest and not a talent contest.

*puts down crack pipe*

I thought Kris's version of Heartless was fantastic! I kinda thought that alone might get him into the finals because he can change up a song and it makes for an interesting finale with both finalists having that talent.
Danny had a VERY nice voice...but didn't seem to have that knack to change up songs and make em work for him.

*picks crack pipe back up*

Crack don't smoke itself ya know.  Paranoid

I'm worried now that most of Danny's votes might go to Kris as the more conservative contestant.
Gooooo Adam!!!

Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2009, 08:56:01 AM »

I'm very happy that Adam and Kris are in the finals. Adam's got the whole package but I think Kris is a great singer and loved how he can make songs like Heartless into his own. I'll be happy if either one of them win. Prefer Adam though. They both can be marketable more then Danny could IMO and no doubt successful. 

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2009, 09:10:10 AM »

I'm worried now that most of Danny's votes might go to Kris as the more conservative contestant.

I agree.   I actually expressed my concern about this very topic a week or so ago.  Although I am a "conservative", I refuse  to allow my core beliefs to influence my choice for who should be the "American Idol".  Adam is a mega-talent, and that should be enough to win him the title. 

That being said, I think Kris doesn't have the greatest voice, but he is an artist and not just a singer...unlike Danny, who has a great and unique voice but no "it factor" when he performs.       I think Kris Allen is going to have a very good recording career ahead of him.  Just a hunch. 

That being said, Adam will definitely be getting all of my votes next week.  I'm just happy that Kris made it to the runner-up slot so that he has a shot at success.  IMO he deserves it. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2009, 09:15:32 AM »

I agree.   I actually expressed my concern about this very topic a week or so ago.  Although I am a "conservative", I refuse  to allow my core beliefs to influence my choice for who should be the "American Idol".  Adam is a mega-talent, and that should be enough to win him the title. 

I think we all know that, at this point, it doesn't matter who wins the title. Wink

Both of them will get career boosts, and it will be up to them after that. (And I love what Kris said last night about that restaurant giving him free cheese dip for life--"yeah, I've already won!" Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2009, 01:51:20 PM »

Interesting tidbit from mjsblog:

So NOW I understand Simon Cowell’s schooling of Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson after Kris Allen’s performance of “Apologize” last night.

Sy, one of the AI backup singers, twittered this little interesting tidbit last night:

In short, the backstory to what Simon said to Kara. I was told that all the
    judges were given the opp to work w/ each kid…

…they were told the time slot for each kid’s rhrsl. They could come &
    advise the contestant on how 2 get the most of their song.

But on rhrsl day, only one judge actually showed up and did that… guess
    which one.”

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »

Simon had Adam, right? So he went to the rehearsal and did what he could to help his boy gets the win. That's cool.

I can see why he criticized Kara. But why didn't he say anything to Randy?

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2009, 04:52:47 PM »

Simon had Adam, right? So he went to the rehearsal and did what he could to help his boy gets the win. That's cool.

I can see why he criticized Kara. But why didn't he say anything to Randy?

I think Kara is the one who made the comment about it not being original and that is what Simon was jumping on whereas I don't think Randy said anything about it.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »

Mm, I guess so. (Maybe Randy knew better than to say anything, since he didn't go to the rehearsal.)

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx