gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:59:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 3 - Week of 5-12-09  (Read 25958 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 05:32:02 PM »

Oh no. They're going to "step away from the competition for a moment for an important Idol Gives Back update"

Paranoid

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »

Why don't they just go ahead and give Adam the title right now  
They pretty much have, haven't they? Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »

Oh no. They're going to "step away from the competition for a moment for an important Idol Gives Back update"

Paranoid
Well, it's too late to do it this season. Maybe they're going to start hyping it for a year from now.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 05:33:38 PM »

Was Kara bitchy enough in that last critique?

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 05:35:50 PM »

If Adam comes in 1st or 2nd, there's no way they'd ever let Clay get near enough to him to tour with him.

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »

wave

hope Danny is voted off tomorrow. I think he does the same thing, week after week.

Me too. I am sooooo done with Danny.   But I think I read someplace that if Kris is voted off tomorrow, all of his votes will go to Danny.  And likewise, if Danny is voted off tomorrow night, all of his votes will go to Kris.  I have a feeling this is a formidable block of votes.  Paranoid  For those of us who want Adam to win, we had better prepare to vote our fingers off next Tuesday night.  

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 05:37:44 PM »

If Adam comes in 1st or 2nd, there's no way they'd ever let Clay get near enough to him to tour with him.

So true.  And it begs the question in my mind, at least.  WHAT ON EARTH WAS CLAY THINKING TODAY????   

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »

Idol Gives Back has raised over $140 million in the past two years.

Carrie Underwood went to Angola, Africa one of the countries that benefited from funding for bed nets to fight against malaria.

I'm just wondering why they put this segment in the competition portion instead of tomorrow during the results. Oh yeah, because tomorrow they need all that time for the professional artists they'll have on the show. Roll eyes

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 05:40:15 PM »

Paranoid
Well, it's too late to do it this season. Maybe they're going to start hyping it for a year from now.

I think they said they're going to do it every other year or every two years or something like that.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 05:41:47 PM »

Something to look forward to. Roll eyes

redhead
Clayamateur

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 05:42:21 PM »

round 2 should be interesting.   I found myself disagreeing with the judges on Adam.  I thought he started off fantastice, before he got self-indulgent and screamy.  Am I the only one? 

Feet on the ground; listening to the star
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »

think they said they're going to do it every other year or every two years or something like that.

I'm enjoying the fact that this is their "off year".  

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 05:43:21 PM »

round 2 should be interesting.   I found myself disagreeing with the judges on Adam.  I thought he started off fantastice, before he got self-indulgent and screamy.  Am I the only one? 
I would agree with that. I like his performances, but I found myself wincing there toward the end.

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 05:46:32 PM »

I thought he started off fantastice, before he got self-indulgent and screamy.  Am I the only one? 

wave REDHEAD,  I agree to a certain point.  I have said several times here on this thread that for me Adam is a performer I would enjoy seeing perform live, but I probably wouldn't buy his CD when it comes out because of the "screamy" factor. 

Well now, a very strong, original, artistic performance from Danny.   Clapping Clapping

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »

Danny Gokey - You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker

Danny chose this song because: didn't really say, just said he needed to step it up so he went through a bunch of songs from his mentors and this song came to him.

I think it was a "safe" choice and chosen to play on voter emotions about his wife. Nicely sung but boring.

Randy - amazing song, what I love about what you just did is you showed that you're here because you can really, really, really sing; mad vocals

Kara - everything you didn't do in the first performance for me you just did; stunning; amazing

Paula - left all of us breathless; love the structure but allows you to infuse your own thing; changing the chords and using the gospel and r&b part of your voice you nailed it

Simon - loved the song; wouldn't have changed the arrangement; I'd call that a vocal masterclass for you

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »

Kris Allen - Heartless - Kanye West

Kris chose this song because: it just came to him

Surprising choice, good for him! Not a brilliant performance but very good.

Randy - this is going to be one of the toughest voting nights; I like that version better than Kanye's version - better than the original; you're in it to win it; love it

Kara - why didn't you do that with Apologize? Bold; fearless; the tone, the pitch, the phrasing; hot

Paula - you are the bravest artist because you sang a song about Simon Cowell; this is what keeps you relevant, to do something different; bravo

Simon - I had written you out of this competition after the first lame song choice; but that however has all changed after that performance

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »

Darn, the judges have done a 180o turnaround in the Second Round

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
redhead
Clayamateur

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 05:55:37 PM »

Danny- fantastic.  he needed that
Kris- surprising choice, but  I really, really  liked it.  gutsy. original. artistic

Feet on the ground; listening to the star
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »

Redhead,

I agree about Adam he does  seem inclined to get screamy. I could only
                 listen to him in small doses.

Must say I like Kris.
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 05:55:56 PM »

Nicely sung but boring.
That pretty much sums up Danny for me. shrug

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx