gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:24:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 300
Total: 300

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 3 - Week of 5-12-09  (Read 25975 times)
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2009, 06:30:42 PM »

wave EVELYN.  I'm on pins and needles, too.  I heard the comment about "the surprise", as well.   I'm hoping it's that Kris and Adam will be in the Finale. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2009, 06:30:54 PM »

Jordin Sparks performs her new single Battlefield accompanied on piano by Ryan Tedder from One Republic.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »

Hi Thea - I'm hoping that's how it turns out, but I have to admit, I'm worried.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2009, 06:33:42 PM »

Danny is not my favorite, but I was so proud of the enthusiasm of the Milwaukee, WI,  fans for one of their own!  He is a very nice manl

THEA -  Wink   I had hoped that Danny would "peak" and I would go nuts for him and his sound.  I am pleasantly surprised that he got this far.  I am proud that HE did not use the "young widower" card during the competition.  It was mentioned that his young wife had died just weeks prior to his audition for AI.  So, hopefully he didn't get this far on any sympathy element.  

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2009, 06:34:25 PM »

Jordin looks great. She needs to learn stage presence though and how to stand/walk in a miniskirt w/o looking like she has to pee. This song is sort of all over the place  hypnotic

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2009, 06:38:23 PM »

I'm worried, too!   Paranoid

THEA -     I had hoped that Danny would "peak" and I would go nuts for him and his sound.  I am pleasantly surprised that he got this far.  I am proud that HE did not use the "young widower" card during the competition.  It was mentioned that his young wife had died just weeks prior to his audition for AI.  So, hopefully he didn't get this far on any sympathy element. 

I agree!  I think early on he seemed like a "winner", but personally I just haven't seen any growth or "star quality" in his performances.  You mentioned that you had hoped he would "peak".    If he actually did peak, I guess I must have been asleep!   Laughing

I am impressed that he had the spiritual and emotional strength to go on after such a traumatic loss in his personal life.  How very, very tragic for such a young man to lose his wife so soon. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »

I have a feeling there are a lot of preteen girls out there who are fantasizing about marrying Kris!    He's shorter , more boyish looking and therefore more "attainable" in their eyes.   And lest we forget, the preteen girls are the ones with the fastest fingers when it comes to texting their votes.... I won't be surprised if he's been voted into the finals.

THEA -  Hopefully the young girl voters don't remember that Kris recently got married!  

Unless there is a "backlash" from the voters because of the huge promotion by Idol and the judges for ADAM, I'm pretty confident that he certainly will be one of the two finalists.  He is a very exciting entertainer and seems so professional.  I feel that Danny and Kris (and many of the others) have had a hard time even coming close to matching his stage knowledge.

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »

I wanted to add to my previous post, but somehow I couldn't (Maybe that's a good thing!  Laughing).  I just don't think Danny has the star quality of an "American Idol".  Plain and simple  (in my mind, at least!)

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2009, 06:42:56 PM »

Next it is Adam Lambert's turn to show his trip home.

Adam went home to San Diego.

His trip summary:

screaming, the obligatory trip to the local tv station, screaming, autographs, screaming, radio station visit, screaming, visit to AT&t, screaming, visit to Metropolitan Educational Theater where Adam spent a lot of time as a kid, plaque, Q&A visit with little kids, visit to Mt. Carmel High, bands, cheerleaders, screaming, Mayor declares Adam Lambert day, streaker girl, screaming, visit to Marine Corps Air Station, screaming, singing, screaming (the crowd, not Adam), back to AI

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2009, 06:46:21 PM »

Jordin looks great. She needs to learn stage presence though and how to stand/walk in a miniskirt w/o looking like she has to pee. This song is sort of all over the place  hypnotic
I was afraid the camera was going to shoot right up her skirt a couple times!

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2009, 06:47:38 PM »

screaming, the obligatory trip to the local tv station, screaming, autographs, screaming, radio station visit, screaming, visit to AT&t, screaming, visit to Metropolitan Educational Theater where Adam spent a lot of time as a kid, plaque, Q&A visit with little kids, visit to Mt. Carmel High, bands, cheerleaders, screaming, Mayor declares Adam Lambert day, streaker girl, screaming, visit to Marine Corps Air Station, screaming, s inging, screaming (the crowd, not Adam), back to AI

MICHELLE, your summaries are cracking me up!   lmao lmao   Do you realize that YOU  are providing the entertainment for me as we await the results?  

I AM AN ABSOLUTE WRECK RIGHT NOW!!!   pull hair crazy

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2009, 06:50:08 PM »

Who is Katie Perry???????  What is Katie Perry!  ???????   This is just awful!!!!

Good for Danny. Clapping   At least he's honest about all of this BS on the Results Show!!!

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2009, 06:50:23 PM »

Katy Perry performs Waking Up in Vegas.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2009, 06:50:44 PM »

Katy Perry. You've got to be kidding. Why is this individual even famous?

This is a waste of time.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2009, 06:51:41 PM »

Who is Katie Perry???????  What is Katie Perry!  ???????   This is just awful!!!!

She's the one who sang I Kissed a Girl

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »

MICHELLE, your summaries are cracking me up!   lmao lmao   Do you realize that YOU  are providing the entertainment for me as we await the results?  

Glad to be of service  bigsmile

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »

Katy Perry. You've got to be kidding. Why is this individual even famous?

I doubt that she's famous for her vocal talent.  

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »

Ah, but of course!   pull hair pull hair

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »

I love the Vitamin Water commercials.

"right, it's the 34th one this year...are y'all even still together?"

Laughing

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2009, 06:55:02 PM »

Not exactly a "vocal master class." Roll eyes

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx