gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:47:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 469
Total: 469

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 3 - Week of 5-12-09  (Read 25542 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: May 07, 2009, 07:01:25 AM »

This thread will contain real time SPOILERS! If you don't want to know what happens please read the thread after the show premiers in your area. All discussion related to the show should be contained in this thread so as not to ruin surprises for the different time zones.

The parties will start when the show starts at 8:00 PM Eastern time.

1: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You are allowed to discuss opinions in a reasonable manner but you can not attack someone if they like or dislike a particular contestant.  Please respect your fellow posters.

2: There will be no personal bashing of any contestant. You can say you don't like the contestant for their performances or because you just don't like their personality but please do not personally attack the person. No name calling will be tolerated.

3: Please do not post pictures in the thread.  Some people still have dial up and the speed of the thread is impacted with the number of pictures posted. In other words, it takes a long time for their thread to load.

4: People come back and read the thread after the show is over, we're going to try to do our best this year to note who is singing and what for each show. When referring to a contestant, if possible, please use their names so we know exactly which contestant you are referring too.

5: Remember our Claymaniac friends on the West Coast and don't post AI information in community threads. Keep discussion and spoilers here.

6: Also asking you not to post Dial Idol results. Many people don't want to know who may or may not be voted off until the show airs.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 07:01:42 AM »

The Top 3 Contestants are:

Adam Lambert - 26, Los Angeles, CA

Kris Allen - 23, Conway, AR

Danny Gokey - 29, Milwaukee, WI

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 07:02:46 AM »

****THEME FOR THE WEEK****

No specific theme but the contestants will be singing two songs:

1. Song chosen by the contestant
2. Song chosen by the judges

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 07:03:20 AM »

The Top 3 contestants also get a trip back to their hometown this week.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 04:48:51 PM »

I'm always uncomfortable watching their trips back home. They seem so... hokey. Parades, confetti, keys to the city.... hypnotic

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 05:00:52 PM »

***SHOW TIME!***

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 05:06:41 PM »

wave   Hi Michelle and Sunny

It's hard for me to believe that next week is the last week.  Was this year shorter than previous years or is it just my imagination 

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »

Paula's choice for:

Danny Gokey - Dance Little Sister - Terence Trent D'Arby

seems an odd choice but he's singing it well shrug

Paula chose it because Terence became iconic overnight with the song and the tone of his voice.

Randy - Let the games begin; way to jump it off; sounding good; that was dope for me dude

Kara - the key is in his spot; dancing was too gyrating for me; great singer but will I remember that performance tomorrow I don't know

Paula - thinks Danny did really good; let magic part of your voice carry the song

Simon - just a reminder this is a singing show not that funny little dancing show; although the dancing was a bit desperate; vocally it was very good; didn't like the sax solo; Paula was on the right track with Terence but would have chosen one of his other songs for you

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 05:09:08 PM »

There are 3 performers but 4 judges...so who drew the short straw and doesn't get to pick a song?

Nevermind, Ryan just answered my question. Kara is lumped with Randy's choice.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »

I agree with Simon--that dancing was desperate.

I hope Danny is voted off tomorrow. I think he does the same thing, week after week.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 05:11:39 PM »

Hi Idol Fans!  wave wave

Wow - The end is near!  blush

I wasn't impressed with Danny's performance . . . . and I really don't like his voice.  BUT  . . he's still standing!  

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 05:12:13 PM »

Oh, and Paula and Simon are idiots.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »

Oh, and Paula and Simon are idiots.

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 05:20:33 PM »

The judges are acting like spoiled brats! 

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 05:20:49 PM »

Kris Allen - Apologize - One Republic

I'm surprised they chose a song that was big for Danny Archuleta last season though I do agree it is a wonderful choice for Kris. Nice that he's playing the piano for this one.

Kara and Randy chose this song because: Big song, big range, song is open for interpretation

Randy - here's what I love about you and this song; you could have a song like this and sell millions of records; it shows us what you could be in the future of the music business

Kara - really competent performance but at this stage you've got to be hitting it out of the park; I wish...I know you can interpret songs in a groundbreaking way...and that's what I wanted for this one

Paula - this song sits in the right place for your voice; there was a bum note that was loud but I'm so proud of you b/c at this stage all three of you are worthy to be in the top two spot

Simon - argues with Paula; I think Kara's comment is a cop out - you can't choose a song for him and then blame him for doing the song; it was a competent performance; you can't blame him you didn't hold up to your responsibilities - if you wanted him to play the guitar you should have told him and come up with an arrangement; and then it just went downhill from there with the judges sparring with one another.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 05:21:57 PM »

and yet again Adam gets the sweet clean up spot. I wonder if they'll change the order they sing for the next set of songs.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »

The judges are acting like spoiled brats! 
They really are. They're all fighting for their favorites.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »

And Simon didn't even judge Kris's performance--he judged Kara's! doh

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 05:30:49 PM »

Adam Lambert - One - U2

Simon chose this song because: one of his faves in the world, had to get permission from U2 specifically for this song; got permission Saturday from Bono that it would be their pleasure for Adam to sing this song

Randy - dude, you are definitely still in the zone; been hot since day one; great vocals; a little off the melody; you are a really talented guy

Kara - you are a strategist; you just proved you can do a song completely different and make it unbelievable; you did your own version

Paula - it was one brilliant song; one superb performance

Simon - may be biased but that was a brilliant song choice; you find a great artist, you found a great song, work out what you want them to do; brilliant performance; if you aren't in the finals next week it will be one of the biggest upsets

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »

Why don't they just go ahead and give Adam the title right now  

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx