gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:15:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 418
Total: 418

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 4 - Week of 5-5-09  (Read 30594 times)
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »

DANNY = Sexy, rich vocals

DANNY = Looks like a University professor of Classical Literature singing rock at a Karaoke bar. 

Sigh.  Danny is confusing me. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »

Love that Kris is doing this song.  This requires somebody who can really spit out the words.

I liked his take on it better than Carly what's her name's last year.

Hmmmm...I was thinking Carly Simon for a minute!  Paranoid Laughing   Oh you mean THAT Carli with the tatoos last year.  She was certainly unforgettable.  And I agree that Kris's version was much better. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »

Danny Gokey - Dream On - Aerosmith

Danny's voice just isn't strong enough or suited to this. I mean come on, it's Steven Tyler! That rock scream just isn't Danny and it didn't sound right. To me it sounded like he just got pushed off a bldg.

Randy - once again I know this isn't your genre; it was all right for me; wasn't perfect but I'll give you A+ for valiant effort; it just isn't what you do

Kara - you added edge to your performance, we told you to do that but you took it a little too far; I like to see growth and risk and I saw that tonight;

Paula -know it was a tricky genre for you; wasn't the right song for you but I'm a huge fan of yours; I give you an A++ for going for it

Simon -agree but the last note was like watching a horror movie; a little over the top; where it worked for Adam not so much for you but I still think you're going to be safe

WTH?!!??!?! Kris gets slammed because he's out of his element but Danny gets "we know it isn't your genre but you get an A+ for effort"  WTH?!?!?!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 05:53:19 PM »

Probably the main reason for the duets, it has just occurred to me, is that it gives them better control of their time. Instead of having 8 songs, they only have 6.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 05:54:03 PM »

I really hate how they put Kris down- I thought he was great in the duet and I liked "Come together"

Danny just screamed- did not like it.

Thought Adam just screeched too- didnt watch, I was in the kitchen and just listened, and it just is not comfortable for me.. He takes these awful gaspy breathes that are LOUD and I dont like it.

ALlison I liked

Am tired of Simon being rude and the others arent far behind.

I think that since they are pimping Adam so much that the others just dont stand a chance. How obvious can you get.

YOU ARE THE BEST
BEST PERFORMANCE EVER
ROCK GOD

Give me a flipping break. No sense in watching any more when you know what the outcome is.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »

Danny's voice just isn't strong enough or suited to this. I mean come on, it's Steven Tyler! That rock scream just isn't Danny and it didn't sound right. To me it sounded like he just got pushed off a bldg.
This is the song that took Michael Johns out of the competition. Wouldn't it be interesting if it did that to Danny, too?

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »

And this means Adam and Allison will be performing a duet next.

Adam both opens AND closes the show.

Gee, do the producers pimp much?

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 05:55:18 PM »

WTH?!!??!?! Kris gets slammed because he's out of his element but Danny gets "we know it isn't your genre but you get an A+ for effort"  WTH?!?!?!

And thats EXACTLY what I am talking about!!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »

Probably the main reason for the duets, it has just occurred to me, is that it gives them better control of their time. Instead of having 8 songs, they only have 6.

By jove I think she's got it! 

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »

And this means Adam and Allison will be performing a duet next.

Adam both opens AND closes the show.

Gee, do the producers pimp much?
Subtle. Laughing

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »

Does anybody else get the feeling they're hoping for an Adam/Allison AI Finale???  "Battle of the Rockers"  or some such nonsense????

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »

The second duet:

Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta - Slow Ride - Foghat

At least Allison can hold her own with Adam. I don't think Kris or Danny could have done it. Says alot for Allison.

Randy - you guys are our two seasoned rockers; you should do duets on your albums

Kara - when a duet is right you are pushing each other to be better

Paula -perfect blend; perfect marriage; you should really do a duet because you are in sync.

Simon -battle of the duets you win the show tonight; completely different than the other one and Adam you may have given Allison a chance to stay in the competition

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 06:02:15 PM »

And they still managed to run over by 2 minutes.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 06:03:14 PM »

I think Allison may have even edged Adam on that duet. He was getting a little... well, like he gets sometimes. Laughing

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2009, 06:04:19 PM »

Paula is taking the stage tomorrow?

Good Lord doh

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2009, 06:05:03 PM »

And they still managed to run over by 2 minutes.
With only 4 people in the show?? Don't they have any producers who can tell time?? You start at 60 minutes and work backwards. It's not difficult. Roll eyes

They'll probably just fire DioGuardi after this season and say that having 4 judges was the problem.

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »

After reading the Nigel article I don't really care anymore, I think its all engineered, what a Farce!

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »

Thanks for your hard work tonight Michelle.     Huggles

I think the judges have already made up their mind who is going to be in the finale.  I don't think Kris had a chance this week, even though I thought he did a pretty good job.  

It was this era of music that made me turn to country music for over a decade, so I really didn't think I would enjoy it.  Hey, that's my problem -- so I think I'll go listen to Clay sing for a while.

Everybody have a great day tomorrow.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2009, 06:09:23 PM »

I would laugh if Danny went out tomorrow.

But, according to what Lithgow said, they can boot any one of the bottom 3 they want....

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2009, 06:12:14 PM »

Paula is taking the stage tomorrow?

Good Lord

Hmmm...Will this be her "swan song" on American Idol???

I think Allison may have even edged Adam on that duet. He was getting a little... well, like he gets sometimes.

I have no idea what you're referring to, SUNNY!    But somehow in Adam I can overlook that.  It's not difficult!!!  Thud! Thud!

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx