gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:08:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 4 - Week of 5-5-09  (Read 30568 times)
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »

Happy for Kris and Adam,
sad for Allison.
Meh for Danny.
I'm with you, Moonshot, would much rather have Allison around than Danny.

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2009, 07:08:24 PM »

Arrrgh, my battery on my laptop was low, so I had to get up and get the charger to plug in.

Daughtry sounded great.  I never liked him personally, but I think he helped give AI some credibility in bringing in someone who was successful doing rock (after Idol).

I feel the same way, WISC BARB!  Daughtry seems so cold and calculating to me, but I have to admit he is probably one of the top talents to come out of AI.  His voice and his "sound" is very radio-friendly, IMO.

True, and I think it would be better for her, being so young, to start out at somewhere less than an American Idol level. Or she could be chewed up, spat out, drug-addicted and broke before she's 25.

SUNNY and BARB, I agree that it might be a great blessing in disguise for Allison that she isn't going to be the American Idol.  And I think she will probably have a great career in spite of this seeming setback.

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2009, 07:08:49 PM »

Michelle, and all others contributing -- thanks for all the updates tonight.  Between the phone and my computer I missed more than I saw but all I had to do was read back.

I thought Allison would at least be in the top three -- I guess that is why I am not a judge.
Yeah, you can't let things like honesty and good taste get in the way.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »

SUNNY and BARB, I agree that it might be a great blessing in disguise for Allison that she isn't going to be the American Idol.  And I think she will probably have a great career in spite of this seeming setback.
Daughtry did alright coming in 4th. Wink

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2009, 07:12:04 PM »

Michelle, and all others contributing -- thanks for all the updates tonight.  Between the phone and my computer I missed more than I saw but all I had to do was read back.

I thought Allison would at least be in the top three -- I guess that is why I am not a judge.
Yeah, you can't let things like honesty and good taste get in the way.

Yup, I guess those two qualities are highly overrated in the world of entertainment.  Sigh....

MICHELLE, thank you so much as always.  And to all of the contributors:  You all do so much to make this AI Discussion Thread an interesting and enjoyable place to be!!!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »

MICHELLE, thank you so much as always.  And to all of the contributors:  You all do so much to make this AI Discussion Thread an interesting and enjoyable place to be!!!

You're welcome but as you said it is everyone's contributions that make these viewing discussions great! Thank you all for coming each week and throwing your comments into the ring!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2009, 07:26:03 PM »

Thanks Michelle, and stay safe.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2009, 07:30:40 PM »

Whatever happened to Idol? I almost fell off my chair laughing at all those weird looking

creatures. I so miss the old Idol when unknowns became stars.

Go Kris!!!
                                                      Good Night All.
                                                                                  Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »

Thank you, Michelle.

Betty
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »

Thanks Michelle, and stay safe.

Same to you! Huggles

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2009, 04:30:53 AM »

Happy for Kris and Adam,
sad for Allison.
Meh for Danny.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2009, 04:40:32 AM »

Happy for Kris and Adam,
sad for Allison.
Meh for Danny.

too!!!

Does anybody know if this is the first time 3 guys have been in the top?

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2009, 05:13:06 AM »

Does anybody know if this is the first time 3 guys have been in the top?
It is.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2009, 07:11:43 AM »

If anyone missed Paula's performance and wants to hear her new single, I'm Just Here For the Music, you can listen to it on her Idol Bio page:

Paula's Idol Bio Page

The music player is on the right hand side of the page.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2009, 08:41:39 AM »

WISH ALLISON THE SAME LUCK AS DAUGHTRY.  HE DID JUST FINE BEING FOURTH.

BET THE FINAL 2 WILL BE DANNY AND ADAM.  TOO BAD.  ALLISON AND ADAM WOULD HAVE BEEN FAR MORE INTERESTING.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2009, 08:49:50 AM »

I really don't get all the excitement over Danny. He can sing, but he does the same thing every week. shrug

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2009, 09:06:26 AM »

I really don't get all the excitement over Danny. He can sing, but he does the same thing every week. shrug

AGREE, SUNNY.  DANNY BORES ME TO DEATH.  REMINDS ME OF THE SYMPATHY THING.  LIKE JOSH GRACIN.  WE WERE AT WAR AND HE WAS A MARINE.  HE WASN'T THAT GOOD.  NO IDEA HOW THEY COULD MARKET HIM.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2009, 12:08:34 PM »

Our internet has been off (again!) I was really shocked - I just knew that Allison would be in the Top 3. But I commented to my husband several time in the last weeks that any other year Kris would win just one the cuteness factor alone!  Laughing I guess there are more people than I knew who think that, too.

As usual, I have no time to read back, but I had to leave the room when Paula "sang" - Lip-Sync, anyone? She couldn't even do that well - at least they did a good job of keeping her face in the shadows.

I do think Adam is very talented, but other contestants (like Lil) were criticized by the judges for copying the original performers of a song. There was absolutely nothing original in Adam's performance this week, yet the judges (as always) raved about him. And the black leather and looking up at the camera - I'm sure there are people who are thrilled about all of that, but I am unimpressed - I saw the original.   Wink Just go somewhere and download some of Elvis' live performances (not the awful movies he was forced to make!).

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx