gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:18:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 343
Total: 343

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 4 - Week of 5-5-09  (Read 30393 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: April 29, 2009, 07:00:12 PM »

This thread will contain real time SPOILERS! If you don't want to know what happens please read the thread after the show premiers in your area. All discussion related to the show should be contained in this thread so as not to ruin surprises for the different time zones.

The parties will start when the show starts at 8:00 PM Eastern time.

1: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You are allowed to discuss opinions in a reasonable manner but you can not attack someone if they like or dislike a particular contestant.  Please respect your fellow posters.

2: There will be no personal bashing of any contestant. You can say you don't like the contestant for their performances or because you just don't like their personality but please do not personally attack the person. No name calling will be tolerated.

3: Please do not post pictures in the thread.  Some people still have dial up and the speed of the thread is impacted with the number of pictures posted. In other words, it takes a long time for their thread to load.

4: People come back and read the thread after the show is over, we're going to try to do our best this year to note who is singing and what for each show. When referring to a contestant, if possible, please use their names so we know exactly which contestant you are referring too.

5: Remember our Claymaniac friends on the West Coast and don't post AI information in community threads. Keep discussion and spoilers here.

6: Also asking you not to post Dial Idol results. Many people don't want to know who may or may not be voted off until the show airs.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 07:00:36 PM »

The Top 4 Contestants are:

Adam Lambert - 26, Los Angeles, CA

Danny Gokey - 29, Milwaukee, WI

Kris Allen - 23, Conway, AR

Allison Iraheta - 17, Los Angeles, CA

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »

***THEME FOR THE WEEK: ROCK AND ROLL***

Legendary guitarist Slash of Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver fame will be appearing as a mentor. Slash has sold 100 million albums and earned seven Grammy nods for his various projects.  Not sure how he'll do as I've never even heard him speak shrug

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »

He Is a scary looking thang....

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »

***Wednesday's Results Show performers***

Daughtry - performing their single No Surprises from their album due out mid-July

No Doubt

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »

Vote For The Worst has some interesting articles:

Nigel Lythgoe Says that Idol Can Change the "Bottom 3" if They Want

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 06:15:01 AM »

Slash tweets about mentoring the ‘Idols’
Those ‘AI’ kids can sing their a--es off, especially Adam,’ he wrote
   Access Hollywood

updated 7:25 p.m. ET, Mon., May 4, 2009

For weeks, thousands of fans around the country watching Adam Lambert on “American Idol” have been reminded of Axl Rose. And while Rose may not be appearing on the show, his former Guns N’ Roses bandmate, Slash, is, and the guitarist has given Lambert the thumbs up.

“Those ‘AI’ kids can sing their a--es off, especially Adam,” Slash, who is mentoring “Idol’s” contestants on rock week, wrote in a post on his Twitter page over the weekend.

While he didn’t offer any hints about the material the final four — Lambert, Danny Gokey, Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta — will be singing, Slash said he approves of their yet unnamed song choices.

“The contestants from ‘AI’ picked some really cool songs for next week, thank God!” Slash tweeted.

Late last week, Slash confirmed he had been asked to mentor the four finalists, and he accepted the gig on his own terms.

“As you may or may not know, the producers for ‘American Idol’ have asked me to be the mentor for ‘Rock Week’ next week. I was reluctant at (first), but they offered me the freedom to do it however I wanted,” he wrote on his official MySpace page.

Slash, who is known for his guitar playing more than his vocal chords, said he took on the mentor job in a way the show has never seen before.

“The approach I’m taking is different than usual on the show, and I’m going to make this as rock 'n roll an ‘American Idol’ as possible,” he wrote. “Wish me luck.”

Slash, who has worked with many of the rock world’s vocalists, said he was digging what’s been coming out of the final four.

“There are a few singers this year who are really impressive,” he wrote. “It’s the first time any ‘AI’ line-up has really caught my attention.”

msnbc.com

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »

***SHOWTIME***

some news...

There was an accident before the dress rehearsal. One of the towers on the stage began to collapse. Therefore there was NO dress rehearsal for any of the contestants. They have not had a complete run through so it should be interesting.

also...the contestants will be performing duets. Not sure how that helps scratch but okay.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »

Slash, this week's mentor, worked with the contestants in front of a band and at full volume.

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 05:09:38 PM »

wave

Adam is first!   Looks and sounds in full control!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »

This is what has also been reported...

...two big accidents on stage...the stairs gave way while they stage manager was descending...she's OK...but had to go to the hospital...and then one of the globes hissed/smoked and then exploded...breaking the stage...the audience went into a panic...pushing and shoving... according to reports...however the latest is that the Fox promo for the show has aired...poor performers...no dress rehearsal...

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 05:10:13 PM »

OH, ADAM BABY, I AM A BELIEVER!!!!!    Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »

Adam Lambert - Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin

Adam can definitely do "rocker" very well.  Song wasn't a fave but Adam performed well.

Randy - bunch of yo's; this is the Adam I love; nobody's thinking Broadway, you're a rock star; that was hot

Kara -more than a rock star, you're a rock god; you should make a classic & glam rock album

Paula -how can you improve a Zeppelin song? You're a whole lotta perfect

Simon - performance was a little understated..teeaassing; one of my fave performances you've ever done; problem is nobody can top that now

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »

I've had a craptastic day and I'm totally scatterbrained. If I miss something or screw it up a thousand apologies and please forgive me and if you could pick up my slack. I'd appreciate it!

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 05:13:11 PM »

Sounds like the judges are trying to make sure Adam doesn't get voted low again this week.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »

I've had a craptastic day and I'm totally scatterbrained. If I miss something or screw it up a thousand apologies and please forgive me and if you could pick up my slack. I'd appreciate it!

MICHELLE!  Grab a hug!   Huggles     You are doing a great job so far!  Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »

wave wave JOHANNA, BARBARA, SUNNY   and everybody coming on board.  I'm not sure my heart can take all of this recliner rockin' this evening!!!!  But at least I'll go with a big smile on my face!!!  bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

P.S.  PLEASE, let somebody do Van Halen (Jump or Hot for Teacher???)

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 05:20:03 PM »

IMO not the best song for Allison. 

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 05:21:01 PM »

IMO not the best song for Allison. 

THEA - The judges seem to agree with you!

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 05:21:55 PM »

Allison Iraheta - Cry Baby - Janis Joplin

Allison went to Adam's "hairgirl" to get her hair done for this week. I think that's hilarious!
Perfect song choice for Allison this week!

Randy - check it; you can sing your face off; you can sing anything but I didn't love it; not a great vehicle for you

Kara - Janis is the right choice for you but a different song with melody change-ups; you transform when you go on stage so I see your personality;

Paula -you're fearless

Simon -difference in the past 8 weeks; thought you had complete confidence; tried too hard to be like the original so I couldn't hear you; I would have chosen a Queen song for you

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx