gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:30:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 217
Total: 217

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 5 - Week of 4-28-09  (Read 19438 times)
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »

Randy - a bunch of yo's
Laughing Laughing

And then, they should have cut to the commercial. The more the judges said, the stranger everything got.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 05:32:30 PM »

Allison displayed an amazing degree of maturity in her performance.  All I have to say is that IMO the competition at this point is fierce.  (Contrary to what Simon has just said). 

THEA-  I agree.  I thought she would be at a disadvantage with a slow ballad  . . but I think she did a great job!

Sure hope we hear something UPBEAT!  Adam may cut loose.

Matt should do well with this genre.  

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 05:33:24 PM »

So they're giving Adam or Danny the pimpin' spot again this week.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »

Why do I keep thinking to myself as Matt Giraud sings "I hope he goes home this week, I hope he goes home this week......)  Paranoid  I guess it's just a crazy obsessive thought.   Paranoid

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »

Matt Giraud - My Funny Valentine

I've never cared for this song. And after a couple lines of Matt singing it - I still don't care for it.  But then I don't like Matt so no matter what he sings I'm not going to like it. I still feel he should have been gone 2 weeks ago when America voted him out shrug

Randy - one of the hardest to sing ever; up to the task, a little bit pitchy; tried a bunch of things...some of the runs worked some didn't; 6 out of 10

Kara - competition is stiff tonight; can appreciate all the runs that show how good a singer you are but I missed the emotional connection

Paula - loved the song; loved the direction you took from Jamie; somethingsomething excellent

Simon - disagree with Randy; I thought, for me, it was the only believable, authentic song I've heard tonight; I can tell you love the music; Nat King Cole phrasing; absolutely brilliant

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »

So they're giving Adam or Danny the pimpin' spot again this week.
And Kris went first, again. Maybe they're hoping Matt will get lost in the shuffle. shrug

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 05:40:39 PM »

Oh Boy,  Simon gave Matt huge compliments.  I hope he isn't just trying to justify the "save". Paranoid

Matt did a good job.  I just feel no connection to him.  Not his fault . . . . it is just how I feel.

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 05:41:55 PM »

I've never cared for this song. And after a couple lines of Matt singing it - I still don't care for it.  But then I don't like Matt so no matter what he sings I'm not going to like it. I still feel he should have been gone 2 weeks ago when America voted him out

MICHELLE, I actually love this song, but as usual I was left cold by Matt's performance.  Hubby, on the other hand, says that Matt would do well in Vegas singing to a crowd of aging Baby Boomers (like some of us???)

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 05:41:57 PM »

I THOUGHT ALLISON WAS AMAZING.  MATT IS MEDIOCRE AT BEST.  THEY HAVE THEIR AGENDA. SORRY, BUT I AM JUST ANNOYED.

LET'S SEE HOW DANNY AND ADAM DO, BUT OF COURSE, THEY WILL B BRILLIANT.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 05:45:08 PM »

Actually I'm rather impressed by Jamie Foxx's "mentoring".  IMO he's among the better ones they've had this season.

Oh no, those glasses, Danny.  NOOOOOOOO!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to just shut my eyes and let his sexy voice pour all over me.   

ETA:  My comments about Danny's glasses are dedicated to you, GWENN!!!  ROFLMAO

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 05:49:13 PM »

Danny Gokey - Come Rain or Come Shine

I've always liked this song but Danny sang it like he sang every other song. Sounded the same. Wasn't blown over by the yeah, yeah's. Why was he singing so angrily at the end? Emotion is one thing but it was a turn off for me.

Randy - check, check, check; you only one I've heard that could have an album of songs like that; forget about the connection to the audience; this is a singing competition and you can sing!

Kara - what I've been missing from you all season is the Rat Pack swagger and tonight you have swagged (is that a word?);

Paula - stellar, stellar, stellar performance

Simon - what Kara said is 100% right; I felt tonight you came out to prove a point; performance was what I think you are capable of; arrangement was superb; what Jamie brought out particularly in you tonight was outstanding

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 05:52:05 PM »

Danny's performance was actually the only one I've found even a little bit interesting so far. And just the second half of it at that.

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »

I agree, Sunny 

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 05:55:19 PM »

WILSON BARB, how's your back feeling today?  Will listening and lookiing at Adam be of any help?? bigsmile

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 05:58:23 PM »

Actually I thought Danny Gokey was far superior to Adam this evening.   Paranoid Paranoid  I agree with Randy that it was a little too "theatrical". 

(And you know I have been an Adam fan for a lonnnnnnggg time)

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 05:59:46 PM »

Adam Lambert - I'm Feeling Good

I LOVE this song! I've always liked Nina Simone's version. Michael Buble's was ok. Adam's rockin' that white suit!  blush Damn. That was brilliant.

Randy - a little theatrical, drama-filled, Broadway for me but you were in the zone.

Kara - my mouth drops open every time you perform; shocking in a good way; confusing, sleazy, way over the top but I like you; craziness

Paula - words cannot describe...you make me feel better than good; you're our Michael Phelps

Simon - saying you're theatrical is like complaining that a cow moos; winning is important; what I get from you is the feeling that you WANT to win, that you want to prove a point every week; best entrance of the season - Ryan you are never using the staircase again

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2009, 06:02:41 PM »

Putting myself on a limb as usual.

Best to not the best.....

1.  Danny
2.  Adam
3.  Allison
4.  Kris
5.  Matt.....go home, please!!!

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 06:03:27 PM »

The show tonight didn't knock my socks off but it had its moments.

Thanks, Michelle, and all who joined to make this a fun time.

See you back here tomorrow night.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »

What I like about Adam's numbers every week is that he approaches them so thoroughly. You can see it in his choice of costume, staging (which the others do little or none of), and vocal versatility.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 06:05:53 PM »

Does anyone not want Matt to go home tomorrow night?

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx