gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 7 (Take II) - Week of 4-21-09  (Read 25797 times)
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 05:10:19 PM »

JMHO - I think the judges are tough on Lil Rounds.  After all - - - they chose her to be in the top 13! 

HI WISC BARB!  Yes, they chose her to be in the top 13, but I think they did so thinking she would blossom and grow as an artist.  She has so much good raw material to work with, but IMHO she doesn't seem to know what to do with it.  Sorry, but she continues to leave me cold. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 05:10:39 PM »

Wow, they just went right into the performance! Laughing Guess they are figuring out all the talking and breaks take up time.
And they're still wasting time. Ryan came out and repeated everything that was said on that intro package about The Big Save. doh

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 05:11:43 PM »

I'm not much into Lil, but I feel bad for her. I don't know what they want from her, and she clearly doesn't, either.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »

Kris is certainly doing disco in a different way

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »

Poor Kris....he's trying to make lemonade out of lemons.   But not bad...rather "kicky" version of this song!!!  Very innovative, IMHO!!!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »

WOW!  Paula actually made a clever remark regarding Kris' performance.  I like Kris.  He is not flashy . . . but he brings us the goods!  Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 05:18:20 PM »

Kris Allen - She Works Hard For the Money - Donna Summer

Sort of a Carly Simon version of a Donna Summer song  Paranoid It was weird but I didn't hate it Laughing

Randy - you know who you are; you come out every week, proves you are ready for the big time because you know who you are

Kara - you took a real risk with that arrangement and it paid off big time; so impressed with you; gotta give you props for that

Paula - classy Santana feel to it; there are many women who will shop in the men's dept. but not too many men will shop in the women's -- you shopped and found a good fit

Simon - complete polar opposite to the first performance as it was original, was not karaoke, whether you buy or like ladies underwear I couldn't care less it was a fantastic performance

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 05:19:27 PM »

wonder if they're going to give Matt the last spot tonight to try to help him with votes

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »

Ohmygod, I'm scaring myself. I actually agree with Paula. Paranoid Paranoid

I thought of Santana when he was singing.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 05:21:32 PM »

wonder if they're going to give Matt the last spot tonight to try to help him with votes
Even though "there's no way he can win the competition"?

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »

Go Danny!  He's at least trying to get his groove on!  Loved it!!!!  Clapping

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »

Danny singing September.   Flashbacks . . . JBT   . . .  BF wearing white suit . . . . "dancing".  Thud!

Danny did a good job!  Clapping Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 05:27:34 PM »

Danny Gokey - September - Earth, Wind and Fire

Hated it.  Paranoid What was that "bop, bop, bop" in the beginning? I love this song and I hated this arrangement and performance.  Paranoid The backups sang more than he did.

Randy - this song doesn't have a big melodic range but you worked hard and made this something and worked it out; good job

Kara - kind of worried about you for Disco night; you are an incredible vocalist; your pitch is so right on; never have an issue; another solid performance

Paula - what I love about your voice, when I think you've hit the top of your range you take it higher; you chose to show your vocal agility; you have one of the sexiest voices; will see you in the finals

Simon - Agree with everyone; can't fault the vocals; as a performance though I didn't get any star power; at this stage you've got to do something special; I thought it was awkward and clumsy

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 05:31:46 PM »

Allison Iraheta - Hot Stuff - Donna Summer

I still have a problem with a 16 year old singing these types of songs shrug

Randy - didn't love the arrangement, was a little overindulgent; one of the best singers in this competition; always prove my point; you can really sing

Kara - gotta agree about the arrangement; making it slower hurt but a great song choice; also think you are one of the best singers; the vocals were a 9/10

Paula - the word compromise doesn't even exist in your vocabulary; the last note you hit off the charts

Simon - you are always going to come into this week as an underdog but taking everything into account that was a brilliant performance

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »

Danny singing September.   Flashbacks . . . JBT   . . .  BF wearing white suit . . . . "dancing".  Thud!

Danny did a good job!  Clapping Clapping

This song bores me half to death--I don't care who does it. blush

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 05:36:11 PM »

Allison Iraheta - Hot Stuff - Donna Summer

I still have a problem with a 16 year old singing these types of songs shrug

I was just thinking about that. How come they're not all over her for singing songs that are "too old" for her? They loved when she did I Can't Make You Love Me. And now she's up there singing, "Don't leave me, I need some hot stuff!" with her dad out there cheering... hypnotic

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 05:38:50 PM »

Ahhhhhh, it's Adam the balladeer..........What can I say but he's stellar????

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »

Adam Lambert - If I Can't Have You - Bee Gees

reeeaaalllly strange arrangement  Paranoid

Randy - one of the things that should be happening for each contestant you should be showing us your range; you are ready right now dude; you have it majorly going on; he's a hot one tonight America

Kara - you're brilliant; every week you up it for me; most memorable performance; the emotion, the way you connected, it's inspiring

Paula - never questioned my visceral response to you; I felt your pain and vulnerability; it's as if you tore your heart out and left it on the stage; you're brilliant

Simon - would have put $10,000 you would do Donna Summer; but once again you did something original, you'll remember it; vocals immaculate

Adam thanks Michael Ormond for the arrangement, says he's a genius

again, Adam is the only one who ever acknowledges the band or the musical director

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 05:44:03 PM »

I have some questions:

Why is Paula calling the finals tonight?

Why does Simon keep making faces when Paula is speaking to the contestants? It's distracting and rude.

What did Adam do to his hair??

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »

Ah, Matt in the Hat is Back.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx