gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:26:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 423
Total: 423

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 7 - Week of 4-14-09  (Read 24649 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2009, 05:57:05 PM »

Even cutting out two judges per contestant, they are still close to the time. 4 minutes left!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »

***To save time the judges are alternating and only two will critique a performance at a time.***

Thanks for reminding us, MICHELLE.  Laughing  Otherwise, I wouldn't have appreciated their attempts to "save time".    hypnotic

Welcome Laughing I repeated it each time in case someone was coming in later to scroll through to specific performances.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2009, 05:57:30 PM »

If they don't hurry up, Lil won't even have time to sing.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2009, 05:57:51 PM »

MARILYN - I find Adam already a star.  Having said that, I totally agree that his vast professional experience puts him at a definite advantage . . . even tho' some of the others have had CD's, etc.  I think the producers of AI are the only ones who can set limitations and/or guidelines to define who represents "raw talent" vs. professionals.  I think the future of AI is at stake.

Clapping Well-stated, WISC BARB!   I wonder if they'll finally get back to their "roots" next year.  After Adam it's obvious that experience and lots of stage/recording experience have given him a huge advantage.  But he wouldn't have gotten all that experience if he weren't a phenomenally talented performer, so if he's the best why not let him be catapulted into superstardom via American Idol?  

THEA - What you say is true.  Idol has the highest TV ratings of all so it is the opportunity of a lifetime!  But, should "professionals" and totally unknown "raw talent" singers be competing against each other??  Maybe so.  Maybe not!  shrug  If it is all about "ratings" - then Fox is the winner!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2009, 05:58:43 PM »

I guess the judges are feeling bad about dissing Lil so much lately. They're probably worried she'll get voted off and they'll be left with only one female contestant. To make it up to her they gave her the primo (technically ultima) spot tonight.

Why is Lil picking another "big" song????      She is NOT Bette Midler, she is NOT Whitney Houston and she is NOT Celine Dion.  Let's get real, Lil!!!!  

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2009, 05:59:39 PM »

Lil is very shaky- not good. She lost something

ALMOST TIME!!

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »

Where is the earplug emoticon when we need it.  Lil was AWFUL!!!!! IMHO

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2009, 06:01:12 PM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping SIMON, I fully agree!!!!!     Clapping Clapping Clapping

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2009, 06:01:26 PM »

Lil Rounds - The Rose - Bette Midler - movie: The Rose

not lovin' this performance, seriously dislike the arrangement  Paranoid Wow, that was all over the place  hypnotic

***To save time the judges are alternating and only two will critique a performance at a time.***

Paula - could not have sung a more beautiful lyric; somethingsomethingsomething

Simon -once again, you're getting this completely wrong; too soft for you; nice moments in there but no excuses anymore; not the artist we met 8 weeks ago; I'm getting frustrated

Lil's response - you want me to be an artist; I heard this song and you want me to be soul and gospel so I did;

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2009, 06:01:52 PM »

and they STILL ran over time

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »

I thought the judges had told Lil she needed to make the song her own and not like the original.  She tries that and they don't like that she changed it -- how are they supposed to know what they are expected to do.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2009, 06:03:38 PM »

Uh huh!!!   My DVR just went off, so I guess they did a little better this time.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2009, 06:03:39 PM »

Lil's up there, arguing for her "life" with Simon. Ugh. I'm over Lil.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »

With the judges, Ryan and commercials taking up all the time, the contestants don't have much of a chance and it's not fair to them.

We'll see who goes home tomorrow.

See all you ladies back here then.

Barbara
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2009, 06:05:24 PM »

and they STILL ran over time
That's cuz they sell too dang many commercials to be able to do what the show is supposed to do, which is give performances and then critique them.

More commercials = more money in someone's pocket. It's about priorities.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »

Anyone have a bottom 3?

I'm thinking Lil, Kris, and either Matt or Allison.

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »

Lil's up there, arguing for her "life" with Simon. Ugh. I'm over Lil.

SUNNY, I truly agree.  IMO, Lil has given us the viewing audience as much as she is capable of giving.  She is lovely to look at and sings "well", but she just doesn't seem to have the heart and soul to knock a song out of the park.  I have no doubt that  Fantasia and absolutely Jennifer Hudson (2 great artists, IMO) would have made this almost "untouchable" song their own.  Lil is limited...she has hit her glass ceiling and therefore needs to go.  

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2009, 06:07:08 PM »

And they ran over time with ONE LESS CONTESTANT!!!

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2009, 06:07:27 PM »

My Top 3:

Anoop
Adam
Allison

Bottom 3:

Doesn't matter to me ~  Paranoid

Great watching the show with all of you.

Tomorrow night is the results show.  Jennifer Hudson and Miley Cyrus will perform.  Miley really needs more exposure! 

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »

Top 3

Adam
Danny
Kris

Bottom

LIL MUST GO!!!

edit:  or Matt could be voted off and I wouldn't shed a tear.  I know, I'm callous....

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx