gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:58:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 7 - Week of 4-14-09  (Read 24621 times)
woodstock2
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!"

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 05:15:38 PM »

I'm going to go watch the rest of the show and eat (since I didn't eat yet....) and I will come back with my opinion. 

Have fun ladies!!!

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »

***To save time the judges are alternating and only two will critique a performance at a time.***

AI got fined by the FCC for going over time last week. Now the powers that be are mad.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 05:19:20 PM »

~~sigh~~I can't be objective when it comes to this song, so I'll keep my comments to myself.

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »

Anoop Desai - Everything I Do, I Do It For You - Bryan Adams - Movie: Robin Hood-Prince of Thieves

Such great direction from Quentin..'rough it up'. What a complete waste of time he is. Roll eyes

At least Anoop sang it well. One of his better performances in my opinion.

***To save time the judges are alternating and only two will critique a performance at a time.***

Randy - thought this was going to be really rough; the last couple of weeks for me you have really found your zone; in tune; emotion coming off in it; thought you did a really good job

Kara - you've found your place - pop songs and adding your soul to it; made those changes in the melody they were coming from your heart; one time I felt connected to your singing and I've really missed that

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »

Woootttt~  Adam singing "Born to be Wild"!   

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 05:24:50 PM »

IMO it does not make any difference if you are a pop singer, a rock singer or whatever genre of music -- the older songs are better than the ones being recorded today because a singer has to sing.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 05:25:25 PM »

Adam Lambert - Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf - movie: Easy Rider

Adam consistently makes awesome song choices. I might just have to download this performance  blush

Paula - the reason you're shaking up this competition is because you dare to somethingsomething with the something greatness; you're brave

Simon -I think you got to learn how to express yourself more; vocally it was incredible; downside it was like watching Rocky Horror Musical; don't think that performance will be as popular as your one last week, it's a rock song and half will love it and half will hate it

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »

Anoop Desai - Everything I Do, I Do It For You - Bryan Adams - Movie: Robin Hood-Prince of Thieves

Such great direction from Quentin..'rough it up'. What a complete waste of time he is. Roll eyes
I was going to say that same thing.

At least Anoop sang it well. One of his better performances in my opinion.
I was going to say that, too. Paranoid

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 05:28:53 PM »

IMO it does not make any difference if you are a pop singer, a rock singer or whatever genre of music -- the older songs are better than the ones being recorded today because a singer has to sing.
Unless you're a no-talent bimbo like Britney, in which case your entire sound is electronically-generated. Roll eyes

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 05:29:08 PM »

Sunny - Laughing Huggles

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »

Adam Lambert - Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf - movie: Easy Rider

Adam consistently makes awesome song choices. I might just have to download this performance  blush

Imagine if he did it in skivvies!

Oops. Sorry. blush

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 05:32:14 PM »

Oops. Sorry.

Adam's hip thrusts in skivvies........ Naughty Naughty SUNNY! 

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 05:33:13 PM »

Yes-Adam-raw talent? He has been in show biz for over 17 years, in shows like wicked, recorded- yeah, right.

I like him-except for the shrieking- but I think he has a very unfair advantage- this is not the show he should be on
This show should be for young undiscovered talent

I have always thought that

oh well, no one is going to listen to my opinions

Matt is absolutely horrid

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »

Matt does absolutely nothing for me musically or otherwise.  JMHO.

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »

Any "time-saving" efforts have been lost on Ryan . . . . yada, yada, yada !  

I think AI is one-half commercials.  I want more singing by the contestants.  Don't need celebrity "guidance".  

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »

Matt Giraud - Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman - Bryan Adams - movie: Don Juan DeMarco

"be gravelly but enunciate"  Nope, not lovin' this performance

Randy - it was interesting for me; hit a rough patch during the bridge; the thing for me for you is that you can sing but when you do a song with a melody like this you're going to get lost

Kara - struggle between rock song and soul song and you're going back and forth; you tried to twist this one to add soul but by doing that you took away some of the emotion

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »

Matt is absolutely horrid

I agree, MARILYN.  I think he's in danger of going home this week.  Actually I'm hoping he does.  

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2009, 05:36:20 PM »

Matt does absolutely nothing for me musically or otherwise.  JMHO.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

Any "time-saving" efforts have been lost on Ryan . . . . yada, yada, yada !  

I think AI is one-half commercials.  I want more singing by the contestants.  Don't need celebrity "guidance".  
Especially guidance from a movie director.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2009, 05:37:37 PM »

Oops. Sorry.

Adam's hip thrusts in skivvies........ Naughty Naughty SUNNY! 

Hey now, I'm not the one who keeps mentioning hip thrusts! Laughing

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx