gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:03:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 457
Total: 457

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 8 - Week of 4-7-09  (Read 31837 times)
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »

I don't know why they put these people through this "sing for your life".  It's sadistic IMO.

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2009, 06:55:28 PM »

I think it went pretty much like it should have.  Scott is to be admired and respected for what he accomplished -- but he is not the American Idol.

He is singing better right now -- probably because all the pressure is off

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2009, 06:57:39 PM »

think it went pretty much like it should have.  Scott is to be admired and respected for what he accomplished -- but he is not the American Idol.

He is singing better right now -- probably because all the pressure is off

IMO this debate is so fake! 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2009, 06:57:47 PM »

Simon says last week was a completely different ballgame because he didn't care and Megan didn't care.

Two people think Scott should stay, two people don't.

Kara and Paula think Scott should stay.

Simon really, really likes Scott but thinks the problem is that there are more talented singers in the competition.

Paula and Kara are fighting for Scott.

Simon makes the decision and says NO.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2009, 07:01:27 PM »

At what point did Simon become the Captain of the Judges? I've been wondering that for a few weeks now...

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »

Thanks, Michelle, for all your work

See all of you back here next week.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2009, 07:02:47 PM »

Simon really, really likes Scott but thinks the problem is that there are more talented singers in the competition.
In other words, he's saving The Save in case Danny or Adam tanks one week.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2009, 07:08:39 PM »

No matter WHEN Scott left, I think it would cause an awkward situation.  But - -he was not one of the top contestants.  He will be on the tour and I am sure he has been an inspiration to many.

I enjoy watching Idol "live" and especially on this thread ! Clapping

See you all next week.   MICHELLE - thanks for keeping track of what's happening!  Huggles

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2009, 07:12:28 PM »

That was hard to watch, but I think the correct person went home.

When the 4 Judge panel was announced, it was also announced that Simon would have the deciding vote on all ties.  Paranoid (He and Simon Fuller do own the show!)

EDIT - I forgot to say that Frankie Avalon still looks good -  and  he is even older than I am!  Jaw drop!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2009, 07:13:12 PM »

At what point did Simon become the Captain of the Judges? I've been wondering that for a few weeks now...

In other words, who died and crowned  Simon "King" of American Idol?

MICHELLE, thanks again for all of your hard work and excellence in reporting.  See ya'll next week!  

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2009, 07:19:56 PM »

When the 4 Judge panel was announced, it was also announced that Simon would have the deciding vote on all ties.  Paranoid (He and Simon Fuller do own the show!)
Ah. Thank ya!

EDIT - I forgot to say that Frankie Avalon still looks good -  and  he is even older than I am!  Jaw drop!
He still sounds good, too!

woodstock2
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!"

« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2009, 11:36:39 AM »

Hubby used the computer all evening, but I was able to catch the show. 

I think the right people were on the bottom 3.  I'm surprised Anoop didn't go home.  Lil Rounds started out so strong but I feel she is losing her edge.  Scott is so likable, and he does have a lovely voice , but I never thought it would carry him to the finals.

I guess those of us that started to vote for Allison payed off since she wasn't in the bottom three.  She deserves to be there for the final  IMHO.  I know many of you love Kris and Danny, and they are very good and will get contacts I believe, but I don't think either one of them will win.I feel Allison and Adam are the better singers.

But this "saving" option is really bothering me.  If Simon has the last say, he can well pick the American Idol single handedly.  Am I right?   And what would happen if he did save someone?  Would the show have to go on one more week, or would they have to do a double elimination sometime?  Just think if they  had the saving when Clay or Daughtry was there.  We may have had a different winner.   Wink

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2009, 11:40:45 AM »

The "save" can only be done once, and only until the Top 5. When there are 5 singers left, no more saving.

If someone is saved (Halleluja!), no one goes home that week. Then, 2 go home the next week, to keep the numbers on schedule for the final during sweeps week.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2009, 11:41:49 AM »

I like Kris, but I just don't think he has the "fire" to do much in a recording contract.

woodstock2
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!"

« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »

The "save" can only be done once, and only until the Top 5. When there are 5 singers left, no more saving.

If someone is saved (Halleluja!), no one goes home that week. Then, 2 go home the next week, to keep the numbers on schedule for the final during sweeps week.

Thanks for the explanation, Sunny!!!   Huggles  That makes me feel better.

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2009, 02:18:38 PM »

WOODY, I held up my part in voting for Allison, sure don't want her to go home!!  I still can't believe she is only 16 years old!!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx