gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 8 - Week of 4-7-09  (Read 32119 times)
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »

wave I'm so sad that AI ran over - and my DVR stopped recording. I missed Adam's performance and Simon's first standing O. I'm sure it'll be on YouTube (hopefully!).

Matt and Allison were great tonight! Allison has been a favorite of mine from the beginning. Smile

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2009, 07:48:58 PM »

Since the show ran over and many people missed it on DVR...

VIDEO OF ADAM'S PERFORMANCE

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »

New prediction - Final 3 - Danny, Allison, Adam - Adam will win.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2009, 08:02:17 PM »

FRANKIE !  My feelings exactly!   Clapping Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2009, 08:07:59 PM »

Wonder why they gave Danny the forgettable opening spot.

So true Michelle, and I think they have to save Adam til the end of the show now, so people keep watching Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2009, 08:08:43 PM »

I'll triple that, but Matt may sneak in there Wink

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »

I'll triple that, but Matt may sneak in there Wink

SHARON - You  just might be right because Matt has a great voice and is very comfortable on stage.  For whatever reason, it seems the public is supporting Adam, Allison and Danny.  More excitement.  I did think that Danny would have gotten a more "modern" look . . . sans glasses, etc.   blush  This year, there are many good contestants.  No Taylor Hicks type of winner this time around.  hypnotic   IMH0! bigsmile

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »

Just a quick remark...

They were as clever on the lighting angle for Adam as they were for Clay  ...at least Clay didn't look like he was sitting in air...

No doubt about it...Adam's the anointed one...wonder if he'll be awarded the pink dressing room...?!! Paranoid

The guy is unquestionably a talent...but...I have a thing about pitch...and he had some notable off notes...especially near the end...never did Clay miss a note...my Clay love is eternal... Wink

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2009, 05:15:53 AM »

For whatever reason, it seems the public is supporting Adam, Allison and Danny. 
But Allison keeps winding up in the bottom 3, poor thing!

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2009, 05:16:58 AM »

I like your picks, and Adam is my favorite. But because he is, I don't know whether to hope he wins or not!

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2009, 05:23:28 AM »

Sure did enjoy Adam last night, thought he was fantastic.  It is always a surprise what he is going to do as he is so versatile.  Simon's standing ovation?  Didn't think I would ever see that.  Love Adam's personality he is always so polite and very likeable.  It is very obvious that he is very serious about his singing career.  Love Allison, such a wonderful talent, I must be screwy because I think she is very likeable.  Love her smile and of course I loved Danny but they need to update his look I think. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2009, 07:15:30 AM »

To compare Clay's version of I Can't Make You Love Me to Allison's (and a few others):

WHO SANG IT BEST?

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2009, 07:30:30 AM »

Pam, I think Clay sang it better.  It was more haunting, which is what I think that song is all about.  Personally, I don't like Alllison's voice or Adam's, but that's just me.  Adam will win, no doubt.  Like someone said upthread, he is the chosen one this year.  I love, love, love Danny!  And, I like Chris and Matt alot, too.  The bottom three......Danny, Adam, and Allison (if she can stay out of the bottom three).  I don't think the public likes her very much, and I don't know why.  She's very good, I'll give her that.  Just not my cuppa tea.     

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2009, 07:35:20 AM »

Pam, I think Clay sang it better.  It was more haunting, which is what I think that song is all about.  Personally, I don't like Alllison's voice or Adam's, but that's just me.  Adam will win, no doubt.  Like someone said upthread, he is the chosen one this year.  I love, love, love Danny!  And, I like Chris and Matt alot, too.  The bottom three......Danny, Adam, and Allison (if she can stay out of the bottom three).  I don't think the public likes her very much, and I don't know why.  She's very good, I'll give her that.  Just not my cuppa tea.     

I can't get into Matt. I don't like how angry he gets when he ends up in the bottom 3. Letting that show is very unprofessional. And I hate the JT-wanna-be look every week. He can sing well enough; I just don't care for him. Laughing

I think Allison's age is holding her back as far as showing her personality. She's only, what, 16? She doesn't have the poise yet to be able to speak up to the judges or joke around with Ryan. And that's really the only time they get to show any of themselves outside of their performance.

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2009, 07:42:27 AM »

Pam, I think Clay sang it better.  It was more haunting, which is what I think that song is all about.  Personally, I don't like Alllison's voice or Adam's, but that's just me.  Adam will win, no doubt.  Like someone said upthread, he is the chosen one this year.  I love, love, love Danny!  And, I like Chris and Matt alot, too.  The bottom three......Danny, Adam, and Allison (if she can stay out of the bottom three).  I don't think the public likes her very much, and I don't know why.  She's very good, I'll give her that.  Just not my cuppa tea.    

MICKI, I agree.  And although I love Allison and her gravelly voice....To  me it was not a good song choice   And that is based solely on the fact that at her age how could she have had the life experiences to give her a complete understanding of this song?  I have a theory about why she isn't more "likable".  In some ways she comes across as a mature woman but once we are reminded that she is only 16 years old...well, it seems downright creepy to hear her perform adult songs.  Of course, I couldn't picture her singing "bubblegum" type songs, either with her voice and appearance.  So she just doesn't come across right to the general viewing audience IMO.  

This being said, I DO "get her" and I like her, but I think those of us who do are probably in the minority.  I sort of doubt that most of the teens voting out there like her either, which translates into her ending up in the bottom 3 for two weeks in a row.   It's a shame.

ETA:  I think she should have waited a couple more years to even get involved with AI. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2009, 09:26:17 AM »

ETA:  I think she should have waited a couple more years to even get involved with AI.
I don't think anyone should audition for AI until they're 18 and out of high school. Being 16 or 17 is a headache for everyone involved: AI needs to supply tutors, the kids need a parent on site with them and when they travel, the parent needs to approve contracts and all that.... hypnotic

ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2009, 10:14:11 AM »

Hello everyone,

I think DVR's, TiVo's, etc. will be working tonight!!  ANTM is on for two hours, so if I figured correctly, the second hour will be on when the AI results show is on.  I don't have a DVR yet, but I do have 2 TV's with a built in VCR (boy ... doesn't that sound antiquated).  I do want to get a DVR soon.

I think Adam is Great.  I went to You Tube and listed to the original Tears for Fears version which came out in Adam's birth year, and then the Gary Jules version which is the one that I remember hearing.  I believe Adam is the most talented of all the performers, and I agree, that coming in second might be better than being saddled with the AI machine afterward.  Well, back to work.

Debbie
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2009, 10:55:45 AM »

My 2 cents worth:

I love Adam - He has definitely reached this status all on  his own through his own hard work and talent.  He is a very serious young man with a long career in front of  him.  His voice to me is totally awesome!  He can sing anything.  You can see his emotions from his toes out his mouth!!  I gasped when Simon gave him a standing ovation.  I won't even compare him to Clay - IMO, they are not in the same category - 2 totally different musicians.

I would love to see Adam and Allison as the top two.  That young lady is totally awesome - she has a wonderful voice on her - she is so musically mature for a 16 year old.  She reminds me of alot of Kelly Clarkson, Pat Benatar, Grace Slick.  I love her and I totally get her!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2009, 11:03:27 AM »

MICHELLE, thanks so much for putting the MP3 up since I can't view UTube it really helps me.  I just finished downloading and listening to Adam's performance.  Outstanding is all I have to say.  The second time was even better than seeing it last night.

LORI, I have become an Adam fan to for many reasons.  He is very serious about his music, he knows what he wants to do in life, he is so very creative, he is very polite and seems like he is a nice guy, plus he sure is easy on the eyes.  Nothing phony about him, you either like him or  you don't, he is comfortable in his own skin.  The only problem is one song is never enough for me I always want him to do another.   Laughing  I'm with you also on Allison!!  I adore that girl!!  What a voice and I know Simon is seeing $ signs with her and Adam.  I have my fingers crossed it will be Adam, Allison and Danny.  My top three!!!!!!!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »

***RESULTS SHOW TIME!!***

Tonight's returning contestant to perform is Kellie Pickler with Best Days of Your Life

and I don't think you could get a further opposite performer for the same night...

also performing is Flo Rida with his song Right Round

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx