gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:40:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 273
Total: 273

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 8 - Week of 4-7-09  (Read 32111 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 05:50:33 PM »

Allison Iraheta - I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt

Her mom took her to the doctor because she talked too much? scratch

Randy - remind me of Kelly Clarkson; she could sing her face off and so can you; Simon's right though, you need to engage the public more

Kara - to take adult content and make it believable and young is talent; whatever they said, let's go make a record

Paula - you know what's so great about having you in this competition; you hear one note and it's undeniably Allison; gift you can't put a price tag on; you gave all your heart in this song; same arrangement as the original but you made it your own

Simon - I thought that was very good; you just gotta sort you out and make you more likable; don't think your personality is coming through; be talkative and likable, still don't know much about you; lighten up a bit

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 05:50:45 PM »

I thought they WANTED to see what Scott would do away from the piano?  Now I'm thinking like SUNNY....WHAT DO THEY WANT????   

THEA - The judges certainly give mixed messages.!  

Oh . . . . . . . .  I remember Clay singing ICMYLM on the JBT tour!  Clapping Huggles  He did it much better than Allison . . .INHO!  Paranoid

Me too, WISC BARB!  Would you like to join us in a big cry-fest????    Sigh............

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 05:51:09 PM »

oooh...Adam gets the pimpin closeout spot tonight!

They are really pushing him because he had the 2nd to last spot last week

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 05:52:01 PM »

Simon brought up a good point about Allison not being very "likable." She's got a great voice, great presence and performance skills.... but for some reason, she ends up in the Bottom 3 pretty often.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 05:53:13 PM »

oooh...Adam gets the pimpin closeout spot tonight!

He certainly doesn't need the pimpin spot, but hey I'm happy, too!!!!    Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 05:53:14 PM »

I don't think you can compare Allison's rendition of the song to Clay's. They were completely different. shrug

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 05:53:35 PM »

Ohh, Matt's next! The angry young man! Laughing

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 05:54:42 PM »

Ohh, Matt's next! The angry young man! Laughing

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2009, 05:54:54 PM »

Oh . . . .  I remember Clay singing ICMYLM on the JBT tour!  Clapping Huggles  He did it much better than Allison . . .IMHO!

And we are not the least bit prejudiced are we, Barb    bigsmile

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2009, 05:56:56 PM »

Matt....."Angry" or not.....The guy has pipes!   

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »

I actually enjoyed Matt tonight

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

Barbara
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 05:57:54 PM »

I don't think you can compare Allison's rendition of the song to Clay's. They were completely different. shrug

SUNNY - When it comes to Clay, I admit that I usually lose any objectivity!  Paranoid  Guilty, as charged.     Sometimes, I do find myself to be realistic.  bigsmile

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 05:58:21 PM »

Matt Giraud - Part Time Lover - Stevie Wonder

meh. just ok for me. WTH is Paula doing? And Matt should avoid those high notes.

Randy - one of the best of the night

Kara - incredible on every level

Paula - standing O

Simon - million times better than last week, well done

Gee, can you tell they're short on time Laughing

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »

I can see Matt on Broadway.  (Of course, as an understudy to Clay  Wink)

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »

It probably works in the contestants' favor when they're short on time and have to give quick critiques.

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2009, 06:00:06 PM »

Matt does extremely well . . . but he doesn't do anything for me.  blush  I'm sure that I am in the minority.  Welcome to my world!  bigsmile

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »

Of course  

Barbara
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2009, 06:00:29 PM »

It probably works in the contestants' favor when they're short on time and have to give quick critiques.

I know I like it better Laughing

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2009, 06:00:46 PM »

Broadway? I don't get that from him. I think he wants to be a jazz-singing Justin Timberlake. hypnotic

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »

I know I like it better Laughing

Laughing  MICHELLE, if I were in your shoes I'd have a massive headache by the end of each AI Show.   How do you do it????  Not Worthy

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx