gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:40:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 8 - Week of 4-7-09  (Read 32063 times)
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 05:26:49 PM »

The judges certainly weren't impressed  with Lil tonight but I hope she makes it through to another week because I think she has a good voice. 

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

I think Lil handled that raking-over-the-coals very well. Good for her. She looked like she might cry.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »

Yipes - IMHO - Lil Rounds started out very BIG and certainly seemed like "Top 3" material .  . . .  She has become kind of average over the last couple of performances.  I think she has so much potential.  She isn't taking advantage of this great opportunity.  Paranoid

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 05:28:38 PM »

So, Kris took a song and made it his own--but that was bad, according to Randy. You don't mess with Don Henley.

Lil didn't make the song her own; it was too karaoke.

How are these kids supposed to know what the heck to do from one week to the next? hypnotic

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »

More and more Lil Rounds is reminding me of LaToya London from Season 3.  Gorgeous looks, rich, full voice but no "it factor".  

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 05:30:55 PM »

So, Kris took a song and made it his own--but that was bad, according to Randy. You don't mess with Don Henley.

Lil didn't make the song her own; it was too karaoke.

How are these kids supposed to know what the heck to do from one week to the next? hypnotic

Very good question    scratch

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »

Well, IMHO Anoop needs to either blow his song out of the water or he will be packing his suitcases.   And that is in spite of his more advantageous spot in the line-up today....

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 05:33:13 PM »

Another unremarkable performance from Anoop....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 05:35:22 PM »

Anoop Desai - True Colors by Cyndi Lauper (was also done by Phil Collins

Randy - congrats to the Tarheels; you pulled it back; you can actually sing, very nice vocal, nice control; liked it

Kara - you controlled the song; did not let it control you; took a pop song and interpreted it with soul; not trying to be something you are not

Paula - choice of song flawless; and some other stuff I missed

Simon - singing yo-yo; last week was abysmal, this week was very good; you don't have to apologize for reacting to what we say, it's two-way, we can be horrible to you and you can be horrible back

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 05:36:02 PM »

Wow, I think I really called it wrong on Anoop.   Those were very good reviews from the judges!  Oh!

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »

I thought he did pretty well.

And performance aside, I like his maturity and self-possession. He's got it goin' on.

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »

I actually liked Anoop's performance tonight, but I don't know if it will send fans to the phones to vote to keep him on.  He has a very good voice, but . . . . he doesn't "shine"!   (Could I be any more "corny")?  blush  I want Anoop to stay in the competition, but I think he needs to really sell himself. He has the potential . . . but he must get some momentum to continue!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »

wow!  Scott is really "on" tonight!   Clapping Clapping

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 05:45:18 PM »

I thought they WANTED to see what Scott would do away from the piano?  Now I'm thinking like SUNNY....WHAT DO THEY WANT????   

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 05:45:24 PM »

Scott MacIntyre - The Search Is Over - Survivor

Randy - just all ok; song ok; vocals ok; didn't showcase you

Kara - gotta commend you for taking on a difficult song, not sure I'd have picked that one; had some good moments but also had some off moments; parts I liked, parts I thought were too over ambitious

Paula - commend you for stepping away from the comfort zone of the piano; had no idea you played guitar; high notes a little screechy

Simon - suggest you go back to the piano next week, that is where you are comfortable; the song was atrocious; guitar playing not much better; two didn't go together; so many songs you could have chosen, this was you trying to be someone else and failing

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 05:46:05 PM »

wow!  Scott is really "on" tonight!   Clapping Clapping
You think? I was wondering if maybe he couldn't hear the music well or something. Cuz he hit some wild notes there.

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 05:47:01 PM »

I'm going to have a difficult time being objective with this particular song.

But...so far, so good!

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 05:47:33 PM »

But...so far, so good!

Me too, Thea

Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 05:48:47 PM »

But...so far, so good!

Me too, Thea

WILSON BARB, should we have a good cry right now????

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »

I thought they WANTED to see what Scott would do away from the piano?  Now I'm thinking like SUNNY....WHAT DO THEY WANT????   

THEA - The judges certainly give mixed messages.!  

Oh . . . .  I remember Clay singing ICMYLM on the JBT tour!  Clapping Huggles  He did it much better than Allison . . .IMHO!

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx