gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:35:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 269
Total: 269

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 11 - Week of 3-17-09  (Read 31248 times)
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2009, 07:54:50 PM »

SHARON - Glad you caught that performance LIVE!  I don't know how we would have explained it to you if you didn't see it!  bigsmile   

Laughing Paranoid
It did rather defy description, didn't it? Laughing

And almost gravity Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Back4MoreX3
Claylicious

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2009, 08:51:57 PM »

i cant even remember the last time i posted but all i have to say

Adam- best idol contestant ever ( next to clay) idc what anyone says.!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2009, 05:09:24 AM »

SHARON - Glad you caught that performance LIVE!  I don't know how we would have explained it to you if you didn't see it!  bigsmile   

Laughing Paranoid
It did rather defy description, didn't it? Laughing

And almost gravity Laughing

Laughing Clapping

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2009, 06:15:28 AM »

I really enjoyed the show last night, like someone else said, maybe because I knew most of the songs.  My pick for the night was Allison and Danny.  Love them both!!!  I have to say I was hoping to hear Adam sing more of a ballad as I would love to hear his voice.  Hubby didn't like him at all!!!  I kept telling him forget the song listen to the voice, his high range is so clear and pure, I would love to see a different side of him just once. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2009, 06:24:26 AM »

Megan? Allison? Alexis?

According to some reports, voters weren't showing the love to those rough-edged voices last night. This could be interesting....

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2009, 08:11:13 AM »

Please let it be Megan...

Proud owner of 2 scoops of the "Vanilla Revolution"
A Founding member of the "Claygirls"
FOR JULIE, JJ, AND LIZ, CAROL, KRIS,OUR CLAYMANIAC ANGELS.
PRAYERS FOR  ALLI Huggles
COME TO THE DARKSIDE, WE GOT COOKIES..Wink
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2009, 08:18:23 AM »

I'm also soooo ready to see Megan go. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2009, 09:43:57 AM »

I'm also soooo ready to see Megan go. 

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2009, 10:29:32 AM »

Maybe if we all chant; Megan go home, Megan go home, Megan go home!!!!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2009, 11:23:09 AM »

I just posted this on the RTM thread, but thought I would go out on a limb . . . and post it here also.  It is about the votes that are tallied each week after the show:

Just my jaded opinion about the AI voting . . .   I think the Powers That Be on that show actually pick who is going home and who stays . . . . no matter what the public votes.  We NEVER see or hear the ACTUAL vote counts.  EVER! We never know who got the most votes or the least votes. 

They are going for ratings.  I read that the new feature of the judges being able to "save" is so that people like Sanjaya could have been sent home earlier.  Lots of Idol Hating Websites were voting for him just to peeve American Idol.    This is just another tool so that IDOL has the control over who wins or loses.  YIPES - I sound cynical. 

I still watch every single episode.  I am sure ADAM will stay, because he has become a very fascinating contestant and loads of people are watching what he will do next.

I feel quite strongly that when it gets down to the final two, the viewers' votes DO count!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2009, 12:53:37 PM »

Just my jaded opinion about the AI voting . . .   I think the Powers That Be on that show actually pick who is going home and who stays . . . . no matter what the public votes.
I've always thought that, if the producers didn't agree with the results of the "popular vote," they would override them and do what they wanted.

They are going for ratings.  I read that the new feature of the judges being able to "save" is so that people like Sanjaya could have been sent home earlier.
But the "save" just keeps someone they think is good from going home. How would it get someone they didn't like to leave sooner?

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2009, 01:41:15 PM »

They are going for ratings.  I read that the new feature of the judges being able to "save" is so that people like Sanjaya could have been sent home earlier.
But the "save" just keeps someone they think is good from going home. How would it get someone they didn't like to leave sooner?

SUNNY - I was thinking that if 2 people were "the bottom 2" on results night, they could "save" their favorite . . . thus sending home whomever they wanted.  Using Sanjaya as an example, I do believe he was in the "bottom 3" a couple of times that year . . . so he would have been more vulnerable to being sent home under this new feature.  Does that make sense?? Paranoid

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2009, 01:45:33 PM »

SUNNY - I was thinking that if 2 people were "the bottom 2" on results night, they could "save" their favorite . . . thus sending home whomever they wanted.  Using Sanjaya as an example, I do believe he was in the "bottom 3" a couple of times that year . . . so he would have been more vulnerable to being sent home under this new feature.  Does that make sense?? Paranoid
But even for those in the bottom 2, only one is going home, so only that one is eligible for the "save," as I understand it (which may not be very well). The other one is safe, by virtue of not being the bottom-vote-getter. The judges can't choose whether or not to apply the "save" until they know who they'd be saving.

I think. hypnotic

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

But even for those in the bottom 2, only one is going home, so only that one is eligible for the "save," as I understand it (which may not be very well). The other one is safe, by virtue of not being the bottom-vote-getter. The judges can't choose whether or not to apply the "save" until they know who they'd be saving.

I think. hypnotic

I just got myself more confused . . . . carry on!  bigsmile

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »

I think. hypnotic

I just got myself more confused . . . . carry on!  bigsmile
Sorry! Paranoid

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »

Time for Top 11 Results Show

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2009, 06:02:02 PM »

Tonight Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis will be singing a duet. Brad Paisley will also be singing.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »

Ryan keeps hinting at a "surprise."

Hey, maybe he gets voted off!

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2009, 06:04:52 PM »

wave   Hi Michelle

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2009, 06:06:11 PM »

wave   Hi Sunny - you must have snuck in when I wasn't looking    Laughing

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx