gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 98
Total: 98

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 8: Top 11 - Week of 3-17-09  (Read 31209 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: March 16, 2009, 05:54:44 AM »

This thread will contain real time SPOILERS! If you don't want to know what happens please read the thread after the show premiers in your area. All discussion related to the show should be contained in this thread so as not to ruin surprises for the different time zones.

The parties will start when the show starts at 8:00 PM Eastern time.

1: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You are allowed to discuss opinions in a reasonable manner but you can not attack someone if they like or dislike a particular contestant.  Please respect your fellow posters.

2: There will be no personal bashing of any contestant. You can say you don't like the contestant for their performances or because you just don't like their personality but please do not personally attack the person. No name calling will be tolerated.

3: Please do not post pictures in the thread.  Some people still have dial up and the speed of the thread is impacted with the number of pictures posted. In other words, it takes a long time for their thread to load.

4: People come back and read the thread after the show is over, we're going to try to do our best this year to note who is singing and what for each show. When referring to a contestant, if possible, please use their names so we know exactly which contestant you are referring too.

5: Remember our Claymaniac friends on the West Coast and don't post AI information in community threads. Keep discussion and spoilers here.

6: Also asking you not to post Dial Idol results. Many people don't want to know who may or may not be voted off until the show airs.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:56:48 AM »

The Top 11 Contestants are:

Adam Lambert - 26, Los Angeles, CA

Alexis Grace - 21, Memphis, TN

Allison Iraheta - 16, Los Angeles, CA

Anoop Desai - 21, Chapel Hill, NC

Danny Gokey - 28, Milwaukee, WI

Kris Allen - 23, Conway, AR

Lil Rounds - 23, Memphis, TN

Matt Giraud - 23, Kalamazoo, MI

Megan Joy Corkrey - 22, Sandy, UT

Michael Sarver - 27, Jasper, TX

Scott MacIntyre - 23, Scottsdale, AZ

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 06:03:12 AM »

The theme this week is Grand Ole Opry. The contestants will sing songs by Opry members. This is a list they had to choose from:

Alan Jackson - Don't Rock the Jukebox
Alan Jackson - Summertime Blues
Alan Jackson - Chattahoochee
Alison Krauss - When You Say Nothing Ar All
Alison Krauss - Baby Now That I've Found You
Barbara Mandrell - If Loving You Is Wrong I Don't Want to Be Right
Brad Paisley - Celebrity
Brad Paisley - Mud on the Tires
Brad Paisley - When I Get Where I'm Going
Carrie Underwood - Jesus Take the Wheel
Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
Carrie Underwood - Wasted
Carrie Underwood - So Small
Carrie Underwood - All-American Girl
Carrie Underwood - Last Name
Diamond Rio - Beautiful Mess
Dierks Bentley - What Was Thinkin
Dierks Bentley - Come A Little Closer
Dierks Bentley - Every Mile a Memory
Dierks Bentley - Feel That Fire
Dolly Parton - Jolene
Dolly Patron - I Will Always Love You
Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again
Dolly Parton - 9 to 5
Dolly Parton - Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That
Garth Brooks - Friends in Low Places
Garth Brooks - The Dance
Garth Brooks - Shameless
Garth Brooks - More Than a Memory
George Jones - She Thinks I Still Care
George Jones - He Stopped Loving Her Today
Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
Johnny Cash - I Walk the Line
Josh Turner - Your Man
Josh Turner - Would You Go With Me
Josh Turner - Firecracker
Lorrie Morgan - Watch Me
Martina McBride - Wild Angels
Martina McBride - A Broken Wing
Martina McBride - Anyway
Pam Tillis - Cleopatra, Queen of Denial
Pam Tillis - Maybe It Was Memphis
Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight
Patsy Cline - I Fall to Pieces
Patsy Cline - Crazy
Patty Loveless - Blame On Your Heart
Randy Travis - Forever And Ever Amen
Reba McEntire - Fancy
Reba McEntire - Why Haven't I Heard From You
Ronnie Milsap - It Was Almost Like a Song
Tammy Wynette - Stand By Your Man
Terri Clark - Poor Poor Pitiful Me
Trace Adkins - Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
Trace Adkins - You're Gonna Miss This
Travis Tritt - I'm Gonna Be Somebody
Travis Tritt - T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Travis Tritt - Tell Me I was Dreaming
Travis Tritt - It's a Great Day To Be Alive
Trisha Yearwood - She's In Love With The Boy
Trisha Yearwood - Walkaway Joe
Trisha Yearwood - How Do I Live
Vince Gill - I Still Believe In You

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:08:42 AM »

Thursday, Mar 12th 2009
Carrie Underwood & Brad Paisley Perform During Grand Ole Opry Week

Carrie Underwood will be gracing the Idol stage once again on Wednesday, March 18. To make it an epic evening, Reigning ACM and CMA Male Vocalist and Grand Ole Opry member Brad Paisley will be performing during that same show. American Idol will feature a Grand Ole Opry theme March 17 & 18, as contestants will select and perform songs popularized by Opry members.

Brad will debut his new single, "Then," performing it for the first time on national television. The first single from his upcoming American Saturday Night album (due out June 30), "Then" will also be commercially available as a digital single at your favorite online music store, just in time to coincide with his performance on Idol. Carrie will perform her current hit single "I Told You So" with fellow Opry member Randy Travis, who will also be participating as Idol's "Opry" mentor for the show's contestants. Carrie's version of this 1988 #1 classic by Randy Travis can be found on her Carnival Ride album, and fans will soon be hearing another version on the airwaves as a new studio recording pairing Carrie and Randy arrives at country radio next week.

"I am so excited that two of my musical passions, American Idol and the Grand Ole Opry, are joining together to create a really special week of music," says Carrie. "I am always thrilled to return to the Idol stage, and am so proud to this time be bringing with me one of my heroes, Randy Travis. I knew the Opry first, but Idol gave me my start and helped lead me to the Opry stage. It's a great feeling to be able to help bring these two worlds together."

Carrie Underwood made her first live performance on the Grand Ole Opry on June 10, 2005, just two weeks after winning American Idol. Her love for the Opry started as a child as she grew up watching and listening to the show, dreaming of one day performing there and even becoming a member herself. She was invited to become a member by Randy Travis in March 2008 and her official induction took place on May 10, 2008 by Opry member Garth Brooks.

These Grand Ole Opry episodes air on FOX Tuesday, March 17 at 8/7c and Wednesday, March 18 at 9/8c.

http://www.americanidol.com/news/

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 08:36:43 AM »

Hi Michelle wave Looks like Megan may have cut her hair.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:37:57 AM »

I'm also likin' the pretty boy in the centre

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 02:44:32 PM »

MICHELLE, what interesting inside information you bring to us.  I can't wait to hear Carrie and Randy  Travis together.  I am constantly learning about Carrie who would have thought her idol was Randy Travis.  I have always been a fan of Randy Travis and wish I could see him more often.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 03:27:04 PM »

Well tonight should be interesting

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 05:00:26 PM »

Simon's gonna love it! Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 05:00:28 PM »

I can't tell you how much I am dreading this evening  Paranoid I like country music but Idol and Country...not so much.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 05:01:01 PM »

Randy Travis is "mentoring" this evening.

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »

I can't tell you how much I am dreading this evening   I like country music but Idol and Country...not so much.

wave Michelle and everybody!  I have to laugh at your comment, Michelle.  I was just saying the very same thing to Phil about two minutes ago.  And on top of everything else, we have to throw in a little bit of St. Paddy's flavor into the mix..  eek!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »

wave Sunny and everybody else coming on!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »

The halls are echoing here, ya'll!   Paranoid

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 05:09:44 PM »

I like the way Garth does this song better. Sorry, Michael.

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 05:10:51 PM »

wave   Hey Michelle, Sunny & Thea

Well, it seemed like Mike remembered all the words but that is a very hard song to sing because it goes so fast.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »

Hi Everybody!  wave

I don't care for the song that Michael did.  Too many words . . .  hardly any melody.  Paranoid

Michael likes country music.  He reminds me of Josh Gracin.

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 05:12:45 PM »

wave   Hey Barb

Well, Mike didn't make a friend out of Simon

Paula can't seem to get one sentence out -- how is she going to make it through the night.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »

Michael SarverAin't Goin' Down til the Sun Comes Up - Garth Brooks

Uh..no.  That was horrible.

Randy - it was a cool song choice b/c it showed a fun side of you but it didn't show us your vocal capabilities

Kira - got to see your personality; it's the big notes that I missed from you this week; impressive that you can remember all those words

Paula -allowed us to see you have fun; artistic; boosted confidence; genre suits you well; babbles incoherently

Simon -it should have been good but I couldn't understand a single word you sang; you could have been singing in Norwegian; clumsy; it's about you coming over as a star but it came out as a guy who likes country and a bit karaoke

Michael responds "if we were all perfect we wouldn't need this show"

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »

Michael responds "if we were all perfect we wouldn't need this show"
He came across sounding a little defensive up there, talking back to the judges.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx