gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:59:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 5  (Read 2233 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« on: March 05, 2009, 03:37:51 AM »

Which Version of The Prayer is Best?

Several Idols have performed The Prayer over the years. Which one do you think is best? Please watch all of them before deciding. They are all different in some way and some fine voices in all versions

THE VERSION FROM BROADWAY CARES WITH HANNAH AND CLAY IS ONE OF THESE. VOTE FOR THE FAVORITE!!

MJSBLOG

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 03:40:00 AM »

SORT OF CLAY RELATED- HE HAD CD SIGNINGS AT TWO OF THESE STORES:

All Virgin Megastores in US to close by summer
By RYAN NAKASHIMA

LOS ANGELES (AP) — After nearly two decades of rocking the music world with a mix of brash stunts and splashy CD releases, the remaining six Virgin Megastores in the United States will shut their doors this summer in another blow to recorded music

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:41:13 AM »

Clay Aiken
''Invisible,'' Measure of a Man (2003)

Aiken's shamefully addictive first single abuses every tool in the pop canon short of a key change (and really, why doesn't it have a key change?) to make you feel the pain of the poor boy's unrequited love. That high note he wails under the final chorus? Goosebumps. Don't judge. — WP

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:42:40 AM »

THERE ARE TWO BAF ITEMS UP FOR BID ON EBAY- THROUGH NC NOMADS FOR INCLUSION:

EBAY

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 03:44:23 AM »

Clay started as a geeky looking kid that made you think "where's that voice coming from?" With each show, he proved the American public was right in choosing him as the viewer's choice for a wildc...
Clay started as a geeky looking kid that made you think "where's that voice coming from?" With each show, he proved the American public was right in choosing him as the viewer's choice for a wildcard. (In season 1, the judges did the wild card choosing, then starting in season 2, they each chose a wild card and let the public choose one). In season 3, Jennifer Hudson was a wildcard. Will season 8 keep the luck flowing to the wildcard slot? I hope so! Good luck to this year's wildcard contestants!

GREAT MONTAGE!!

An American Idol wild card. Is being compared to Clay Aiken bad? Take a listen.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 03:46:06 AM »

Wildcard, 300th Blog Celebrated!

Fans Spread News of TVBOCA

Accompanying fan excitement and Cyberspace countdowns to the 3/31 release of "The Very Best of Clay Aiken" are sharp upturns in plays of the singer's previous performances of the 14 tracks at YouTube and via audio/video links throughout Twitter, Facebook, and the blogosphere.

Yollie950 featured concert and TV performances of the 14 songs in her new montage TVBOCA 2009. The video can be viewed in the above player and on YouTube where it is being rated, favorited, and shared in a whirl of emails spreading the word about the upcoming album.

Popular with fans, the playlist will be loaded with remastered highlights from Clay's mainstream and holiday albums -- Measure of a Man, A Thousand Different Ways, On My Way Here, Merry Christmas With Love -- and singles. They include:

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 03:47:40 AM »

It's Wildcard time on American Idol and for those who are Clay Aiken fans it brings back many exciting memories.

Simon kept saying it was going to be the best show of all.  This was a time when the "best of the rest" would be given another chance to showcase their voice and style.

Many people felt that the Wildcard show was the beginning of the real competition.  This show featured some average singers, some good singers and one outstanding singer.

American Idol had been pushing for days that there was an unbelievable "twist" that would be announced on the Wildcard show.  When the time came for the announcement, Ryan asked Simon to explain.  The news that there would be a top 12 instead of a top 10 was not really that exciting, but it was different from Season 1.  Simon went on to explain that each judge would choose one contestant to go on and the American public would choose the fourth.

CLAY NEWS NETWORK

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 03:53:21 AM »

Von Smith, “You’re All I Need”: 17
I like Von so I don’t know why I wasn’t feeling this. The chorus was good, but I’m not sure about the verse. I think it’s his facial expressions that throw me. Simon compared him to Clay Aiken, and I can kind of see that, but I still agree with my second favorite Canadian, RT, comparing him to Lucas Grabeel (which is a compliment in my book). And nice save, by the way, Von. You almost insulted Clay. And trust me. The Claymates can make you or break you

HERALD DISPATCH

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 03:55:00 AM »

Von Smith: No mere feat of ClayVon Smith kicked off the third round of semifinals, where again it was the narrow theme of Billboard's Hot 100. There was a touch of Samson to Von's performance of Marvin Gaye's "You're All I Need to Get By." Von's hair was cut super short and that shearing seemed to bring more power to his vocals. Simon recommended during the Hollywood rounds that Von stop trying to go for high notes and instead try for high emotion, and obviously Von listened. Von had more than he needed to get by tonight

And in a rare note of solidarity all four judges gave him unanimous raves. Randy noted than the two previous semifinal rounds off to a rough start, but Von's performance was "hot." Simon said Von reminded him of Clay Aiken (that's a good thing), though he thought Von looked "appalling" in his new do.

NEWSDAY

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 03:56:50 AM »

You know what's funny about tonight for Randy? Randy thinks this is the right way to kick off a show, calling it a "hot performance," that his finding himself. [Oh Randy, why must things always be so funny for you? And why do you refuse to let that humor just speak for itself. I can imagine going to a comedy club with Randy and having him go, "Yo, Dan, you know what's funny about Dane Cook?" Actually, if he said that, I'd be really curious and I'd let him continue.] Kara also thinks Von is coming into his own, telling him "It's about doing it when it has meaning." Paula's sure that America's going to remember Von and that he knows how to control himself. "You remind me of Clay Aiken," Simon says. He adds, "You've got the same dress sense," telling him he looks appalling, but says his voice reminds him of Clay's. I'm not just saying this because the Claymates scare me, but Von's voice isn't in the same league as Clay's and just because he's "theatrical" doesn't mean he needs to be compared to Mr. Aiken.

HITFIX

Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 06:25:53 AM »

... "You remind me of Clay Aiken," Simon says. He adds, "You've got the same dress sense," telling him he looks appalling, but says his voice reminds him of Clay's. I'm not just saying this because the Claymates scare me, but Von's voice isn't in the same league as Clay's and just because he's "theatrical" doesn't mean he needs to be compared to Mr. Aiken.

HITFIX

WORD to the writer's point!!!   Clapping

Marilyn, thank you for all the news and for posting about the 300th CAROLINA blog entry upthread. Many thnx for the visits and comments from CM members!   Wink

Have a great day, all!   

Caro 

ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 08:17:44 AM »

Thanks for the news Marilyn.  I'm glad Clay is still being mentioned.  The AI people probably wish they could get someone like him again.  But as we all know ... there's only one Clay Aiken.  Back to work I go.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Debbie
Ashes
Claynewbie

I Love CLAY!

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 03:49:05 PM »

Marilyn, thanks for your news listings!

I'd like to add mine if that's okay  Wink.

wave New blog at Clay-The Man Blogspot
Clay Aiken The WILD CARD skims from 2003 until right now.
Hear Clay sing "Weight Of The World" and see awesome videos spanning Clay performances from 2003 to present time. An American Idol wild card by luvgreatmusic , and New CD The Very Best of Clay Aiken 2009 by Yollie950

Wonderful memories until the next ones come along!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx