gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 376
Total: 376

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 29 :: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 231532 times)
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #1820 on: May 12, 2009, 02:02:58 PM »

Clay BLOGGED.

... the quote from Mother Theresa, from which was based Martina McBride's song Anyway. Inspiring.

I wonder what the reason is behind his post.

I've had that quote on my bedside table for many  years and read it often for inspiration.  Maybe he was in an inspirational mood.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1821 on: May 12, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »

Clay BLOGGED.

... the quote from Mother Theresa, from which was based Martina McBride's song Anyway. Inspiring.

I wonder what the reason is behind his post.

I've had that quote on my bedside table for many  years and read it often for inspiration.  Maybe he was in an inspirational mood.

Mm, could be.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1822 on: May 12, 2009, 02:37:09 PM »

Gwenn,
                      I"m so glad to hear your heart is strong, but that must have been quite a scare.

Women do seem to have different symptoms than men. When I had my heart attack
             I did"nt have any chest pain just nausea, jaw pain and sweating. When I got to the
             hospital they told me not  to be stoic but I  really  did"nt have any pain even though
             two arteries were fully blocked  and I needed a triple by pass.Always listen to your body.

Hope your esophgial problem is not serious.
                                                                                                                           Betty

luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #1823 on: May 12, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »

30 Rock Preview:

http://www.nbc.com/30_Rock/video/clips/kidney-now-preview/1100238/

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

Saw Clay in concert at Pala on my birthday, August 3, 2007

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #1824 on: May 12, 2009, 04:29:33 PM »

Gwenn  Huggles  Thank God you are ok.

Wonder if the blog has anything to do with the crappy article that was in the  Chicago Sun today??

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1825 on: May 12, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »

Did the Sun burn Clay?

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1826 on: May 12, 2009, 04:37:40 PM »

Did the Sun burn Clay?

Nice play on words  Smile

Clay visited the AI set to see Adam and was reportedly dissed by AI and ushered out the back door. It was reported in several news outlets, the Chicago Sun Times being one of them.

Idol Doesn't Want Clay

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1827 on: May 12, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »

I'd read that he'd stopped by the set--with the young'n--but hadn't heard about all the fuss. If it's true, ouch, how embarrassing. Paranoid

It's funny; someone asked him about his relationship with the AI folks when he started doing his Q-n-A thread at the OFC. He said he got along great with everyone there. I thought that was odd, considering that he got out of his contract with 19, and supposedly got Kelly to get out of hers, too. shrug

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1828 on: May 12, 2009, 04:46:14 PM »

Moonie, your avie is cracking me up! Laughing

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1829 on: May 12, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »

Moonie, your avie is cracking me up! Laughing

bigsmile What is even funnier is that I actually did find out the china pattern on the tea cup in last week's avie.  There are a lot of happy Holmesians right now Laughing

And yes. He is a sexy beast. 

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1830 on: May 12, 2009, 04:52:01 PM »

You've got it bad. Wink

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1831 on: May 12, 2009, 06:11:08 PM »

Gwenn -- sorry to hear about your medical scare.  I am glad it is not your heart and hopefully the doctors can get the problem with your esophagus all corrected.

When I go get a checkup just about all the doctor says is that my heart and lungs are strong.  While sometimes I would like to hear a little more detail, that is always comforting news.

Take care because we've got a Gala to attend in October  Fingers Crossed   Fingers Crossed

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #1832 on: May 12, 2009, 07:25:10 PM »

GWENN - What a scare!  So very glad that your heart was good.  (We already knew that)!  Huggles  It is true that women have to be very watchful because the standard symptoms for a heart attack do not apply to us.

WELL . . .  I think Clay is waaaay too smart to land at AI for the purpose of contacting Adam about a record deal  . . or with any business advice or wanting to mentor.  I certainly can picture him bringing Parker there to see some of the personnel who have nothing to do with record contracts, etc.  No matter what really happened, the negative spin on that somehow made it a dark news story. Paranoid

Perhaps that does explain the Mother Theresa quotation blog.   Don't Know

I'm still basking in the sunshine from Saturday night's clack!  Clapping Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1833 on: May 12, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »

Gwenn, so glad all was well, you have a heart of gold my friend Wink

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1834 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:14 PM »

Did the Sun burn Clay?

Nice play on words  Smile

Clay visited the AI set to see Adam and was reportedly dissed by AI and ushered out the back door. It was reported in several news outlets, the Chicago Sun Times being one of them.

Idol Doesn't Want Clay

OUCH blush

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1835 on: May 12, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »

Good evening, ladies!  wave

I'm thinking that it's OK to post the Mother Theresa quote because it is not an original quote from Clay.  So I'm going to take a chance and post it here for those who may not know what we're referring to. (Mods, if you need to delete this, I'll understand.   Wink)

"People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway. "

~Mother Teresa

JILL, I think I'll put this quote on my nightstand, as well.  Lots of good "stuff" in Mother Theresa's words. 

'Nite all!    Baby Dust

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1836 on: May 12, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »

Good evening, ladies!  wave

I'm thinking that it's OK to post the Mother Theresa quote because it is not an original quote from Clay.  So I'm going to take a chance and post it here for those who may not know what we're referring to. (Mods, if you need to delete this, I'll understand.   Wink)

I'm thinkin' it's ok. shrug

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1837 on: May 12, 2009, 07:48:35 PM »

Gwenn!!- so glad you are okay!!

I think that article was blown up from a quick twitter that Clay visited AI with his son. I wouldnt be surprised if swamp dwellers took that snippet and blew it out of proportion.

Does anyone really think that Clay would go to AI and beg to mentor? That was the first story. Then it grew to him wanting to meet Adam, then melded into he wants Adam to tour with him.

I dont believe the crap for a minute!!
And if AI was mad about him getting out of his contract, then why did they have him back three times since, have him introduced in the audience, and have his Spamalot bit on one of the shows? If anything, I think THAT story puts THEM in a bad light. Sour grapes, anyone? And doesn't Kelly have a mind of her own- she has to be led by the nose to make a decision?

Yeah, crock of doo doo in my opinion.
But I definitely think it was the reason for his blog. Its his way of saying he is just going to do his thing and the hell with crappy so called journalism.

And thats how I interpret things I read. I like my way much better.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1838 on: May 12, 2009, 08:16:24 PM »

Gwenn!!- so glad you are okay!!

I think that article was blown up from a quick twitter that Clay visited AI with his son. I wouldnt be surprised if swamp dwellers took that snippet and blew it out of proportion.

Does anyone really think that Clay would go to AI and beg to mentor? That was the first story. Then it grew to him wanting to meet Adam, then melded into he wants Adam to tour with him.

I dont believe the crap for a minute!!
And if AI was mad about him getting out of his contract, then why did they have him back three times since, have him introduced in the audience, and have his Spamalot bit on one of the shows? If anything, I think THAT story puts THEM in a bad light. Sour grapes, anyone? And doesn't Kelly have a mind of her own- she has to be led by the nose to make a decision?

Yeah, crock of doo doo in my opinion.
But I definitely think it was the reason for his blog. Its his way of saying he is just going to do his thing and the hell with crappy so called journalism.

And thats how I interpret things I read. I like my way much better.

I like your way better, too    Clapping

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1839 on: May 13, 2009, 05:50:17 AM »

Wisconsinmaniac,

When will those idiots stop dissing Clay? They seem to be intent on wearing him down .......NO WAY.... he is much stronger than they know, and his faith will sustain him.

I think he went to Idol last week so ,why was it news yesterday.To say he went to mentor Adam is laughable. Adam is very much in control of his career,  he certainly does not  need Clay to mentor him and as far as touring together.......COME ON!!

I"m sure Clay went to show off his son and say Hello to Adam whom he must have met on Broadway.

Go back under your rocks,vile creatures.

Betty
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx