gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 276
Total: 276

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 29 :: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread  (Read 232618 times)
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1780 on: May 10, 2009, 01:16:33 AM »

SECOND VEGAS REPORT...

I'll write this with labeled sections...so you can scroll right down to the Claying portion immediately should you wish to read my post that way...(and I'll understand!)

PreDinner...

Betty (OFC Mod) joined us for a visit in our room this afternoon; awaiting her roommate Claybella (Spam bio writer) to arrive...they are staying at the Luxor.  It was a pleasure meeting her...just a terrific, down to earth personality...she hails from New Mexico.  Shelley and Betty went off to greet Claybella as she arrived mid afternoon.

Then a dress change...gotta get fancy for our Clay...and David...I wore my black crepe pants and a black top that had a hint of a sequin pattern in it...oh yeah...the days of my cute/sexy mini dresses are done...oh pshaw...

And off we were to join several other Clay fans for dinner at 5 pm.

Dinner...

We enjoyed a sumptuous dinner at rmSeafood...they specialize in seafood, but also serve chops and pastas.  Shelley, Betty, Claybella and I sat together...and the rest of our group...including Joanie, Judy...active at the CB...seven in all...some hubbies.

The food was fabulous...I get so excited at Clay concerts, I eat a blander offering...the Halibut I ordered was grilled to perfection.  Shelley and I split a delectable Key Lime pie for dessert.

Then we were off to the convention center.  Thank goodness I now try to obtain a wheelchair...so I don't have to stand in interminably long lines.  My dear buddy, Shelley, was such a trooper pushing that thing with me in about.  The staff at the hotel was really accommodating...much more so that at the Orleans...when I went there by myself for the ice-skating concert a while back.

Pre Concert...

Even though we allowed an hour to get over to the concert venue and get settled, we didn't actually arrive at our seats until 7:30.  We were seated about two sections over from the stage - stage right...about half way up...we enjoyed a great view.  I was grateful for a railing in front of us...helped us get in and out...why people have to majorly imbibe during concerts, I'll never know...and so of course, the inevitable bathroom runs...the seating was really tight (surprise tighter than the Schbert)...but of course all of that was forgotten as soon as we viewed the three jumbotrons with hawt David Foster photos...through out the seasons of his life.

There were two sections of back up musicians...about a 20 piece orchestra...and on stage right was a keyboard, three or more back up singers and a few other folks...

Concert - Pre Clay... 

The concert began with David and Phillip Bailly with Earth, Wind and Fire, shortly followed by David's only 3 min. rock piece...some fellow from the Tubes...and then Heather Hadley performed next...she was just lovely in a sleeveless blouson top, and wide legged pants...all in cream white...she sang the Braxton song...Unbreak my Heart...and was just in great voice...performed it every bit as well, if not better than Toni Braxton.  Then we were treated to a four member group...the Canadian tenors...El Divo, look out!!...They were superb...and oh so cute!  Then!!!

Clay!!!

David talked about a Peter Cetera medley that Peter and David wrote together...I think the selections were made famous by Chicago.  At this point, we were wondering how long it would be before Clay appeared...and there was no doubt...when David started in saying this young talent is now family...and he spoke of him with such endearing affection...and to a hall of screams out he bounded...before us once again...Shelley and I were just EEEEEEEEEEE like the devoted fans we are.  He looked so well rested, really slender and just so content. Clay was wearing the sexiest blue jeans, and dark blazer, and shirt hanging out, and a tie.  His hair was sort of like his Unicef appearance awhile back about the tsunami... not spiked...not flat.  Full, with sideburns, parted just a little to the side.  Gwenn, no glasses...lol...!  He sat on a stool in the curve of the piano facing David...and they had a cute, mildly snarky dialogue...about how young Clay was when these songs were hits...4 years old...both Shelley and I thought this was how they chat in RL…it had a very dear, intimate vibe to it. He sang snippets of three songs...one was Your the Inspiration...Karate Kid theme...he sounded great...and seemed so very at ease...and it was such a treat to hear him do these classic Foster songs...I hope the clack turned out so you'll al enjoy!

David mentioned Clay coming back to do Unchained Melody...and seemed ready to share more of his personal affection for our darling...to occur later in the show.

Concert- Post Clay.

I’m going to describe this portion in less detail, to get going and let Shelley on to do her version…

Brian McKnight was one of the next performers…he was just the best…in great voice…and we were treated to his sons joining in with him on one of the numbers…they are such talented teenagers…and Brian also sat down at the piano and sang Back to One…I love that piece. 

I just remembered before Brian, Peter Cicoctti performed his own pieces…and wow that fellow has pianistic…my new word…chops…his fingers MOVE!

David mentioned we were in for some surprises…well David himself was in for at least two!...Paul Anka showed up…sang a special version of My Way…dedicated to David…it was a total hoot…and then Paul was encouraged to sing a song of his own…he starts in on Puppy Love…and who should come out, but Donny Osmond!  Donny was just terrific on his own when David encouraged Donny to sing one of his Foster favorites…Home…and he really sang it so well.  David took the time to acknowledge how much he had always admired Donny’s voice.and you could see how much that meant to him.

Who should also show up ready to go…Cher!!!  Yes, Cher…wearing…well not wearing is more like it her little costume…I think she had hoped to perform…but there was no time left…David went on to introduce Charice…or however her name is spelled.  This sixteen year old is a talent…I don’t find myself that enthralled with her, at least not yet…but I do have to say she sure has volume….and glory notes.  The hall resounding from her cheering fans…I think her entire country folk from the Philippines came out in force!

There was no more time for Clay…boohoo…but Shelley and I do think he has done really wonderful renditions of Unchained Melody…and he is still getting back to singing…so that was perhaps a blessing in disguise.

The concluding number is such a new favorite of my …which I’ve taught my students...America’s Song…and Clay led that off…they had them all out to sing it…oh I so hope there is at least really clear audio of this one…what a thrill of an ending and an amazingly long concert!...So much talent for the price of one ticket…holy moly!

Afterwards...

I was supposed to go with Claybella to David Foster’s afterparty…but it turned out to be little more than a cocktail party…and I would have been somewhat confined to a wheelchair, while all others were standing…should I need to sit.
Thus, this report comes to you a bit earlier than the middle of the night!  lol

Shelley has nodded off...she's been just the best  Huggles...so supportive of me...she should have posted first...I'm quite the night owl...I know you enjoy reading her report when she's ready to post it!

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1781 on: May 10, 2009, 03:48:39 AM »

Thank you Marilyn and Johanna and Shelley, this was such a breath of fresh air, can't wait for pictures!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1782 on: May 10, 2009, 06:46:58 AM »

wave  Wish I could just linger and take in all of the recaps and pictures and clack to come later today.  Hopefully I can catch up tonight.  Thanks MARILYN for your dedication to keeping us informed of the happenings unfolding last night, and thanks to SHELLEY and JOHANNA for the recaps.  Huggles Huggles Huggles  Plus thank you in advance to the Goddesses of Clack!!!  Not Worthy

Happy Mother's Day to all!  Women are born nurturers, whether it be to children, animals, flowers, and ,in particular,  to one another.  To me this is a day to celebrate that beautiful God-given quality in all of us! 

Off to my son and DIL's for a Mother's Day celebration!  Please pray that our car doesn't get vandalized in their "newly gentrified" Chicago neighborhood.   Paranoid  Laughing

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1783 on: May 10, 2009, 07:02:44 AM »

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY TO ALL.  BRUNCH WITH ER LATER. 

RIGHT NOW, I AM BASKING IN THE MOMENTS OF LAST NIGHT.  THEY WERE BRIEF BUT OH, LIKE A DRINK OF WATER TO THE THIRSTY.  HE LOOKED WONDERFUL.  SOUNDED AMAZING.  RECEIVED WELL.  I UNDERSTAND HE SANG UM AT THE AFTER PARTY.  ACCORDING TO YMARIE FROM CV, IT WAS THE MOST GLORIOUS VERSION.  WONDER IF ANYONE GOT CLACK OF THAT.  THEN HE WAS WHISKED AWAY BY JEROME WITH A SUITCASE.  NO IDEA WHERE HE WENT.

I LOVE THAT HE, JAYMES, PARKER, AND DAVID WERE SPOTTED AT A MEXICAN RESTAURANT.  FAMILY.  UNUSUAL AS IT IS, STILL FAMILY.  AND DAVID CERTAINLY ADORES CLAY.  IT IS ALL GOOD.

DID I SAY HE LOOKED GOOD??????

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #1784 on: May 10, 2009, 07:29:58 AM »

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL

The clack has been wonderful,and it was so good seeing Clay in his element again..I love that guy.

He looked so handsome,and so happy.

Sorry that Johanna didn't get to the after party to hear UM, but she did such a great

job,almost made you feel like you were there...Wish I had of been.

Off to have brunch with Roger, but I will be back to see what all I missed.

and if I forgot...I LOVE CLAY AIKEN.  :heartburst      WE NEED A TOUR....

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1785 on: May 10, 2009, 07:53:09 AM »

Hi there! I am using Clayharmony's computer.  Re the concert last night:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I haven't read anything anywhere, and I have to drive back to LA and then my home in San Diego so I won't be on line or anything for hours BUT I'll do a little recap when I get home.

What a night. I've been a David Foster fan for decades and had the pleasure of meeting him up close and personal many years ago.  Each performer brought something to the stage. Clay was of course fantastic. I hear there is clack so I don't need to go into it all here. He looked tall and slim and the hair was just right and that voice was awesome!

Besides all the surprises guests (Cher? OMG!) the most touching for me was Brian McKnight. Beside being a wonderful singer, he was such a proud papa when he brought his two sons on the stage. They sang "After the Love is Gone" and they were GOOD. But it was very very touching.

More later. So happy there is clack and so happy I got to do this trip with Clayharmony.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1786 on: May 10, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »

BEFORE I JUMP IN THE SHOWER AND GET READY----ANYONE NOTICE THAT CLAY'S HAIR AND PARKER'S HAVE THE SAME STYLE?   bigsmile

LORD, THIS MAN HAS MATURED WELL.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1787 on: May 10, 2009, 08:37:24 AM »

It's been so great to see and hear all the enthusiasm for Clay last night in Vegas.  I can't wait to see the clack of his performances.  Thank you, Johanna and Shelley for your reports.

He looks wonderful and, yes Gwenn, he sure has matured well.

I'm headed over to my son's house.  He is taking all the women in his life to Raleigh today to see the touring company production of Wizard of Oz.  It is great that there is something there for Mother's Day that the whole family can see.

Everyone have a wonderful Mother's Day and I'll be back tonight to see what else has surfaced.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #1788 on: May 10, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »

Happy Mother's Day to all our Claymaniac Mothers! 

Thank you, Marilyn, Johanna, and Shelly for all the reports from last night.  Clay looked wonderful!  I loved the medley of songs he sang.  It must have been a wonderful night for all there.   

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #1789 on: May 10, 2009, 10:26:41 AM »

Here is a link to a drop dead gorgeous picture of Clay

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/86880612/Getty-Images-Entertainment

Also there is a great video at CB that Scarlett made  of the "Clay Aiken Medley" Thud!

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1790 on: May 10, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »

Ooooo! Why yes! Yes it is.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1791 on: May 10, 2009, 12:50:20 PM »

BACK FROM BRUNCH WITH ER AND HER BF.  WONDERFUL DAY.  I AM BLESSED WITH HER.

GWENN

JUST SAW THAT THESE LINKS DON'T WORK.  SORRY.  CHECK CV FOR THEM.  DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.  I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO BRING THINGS OVER.

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1792 on: May 10, 2009, 01:16:01 PM »

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL  MOTHER'S, MOMS AND MUMMIES AND WHATEVER YOU CALL

THOSE SO DEAR TO YOU.
                                                                Betty
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1793 on: May 10, 2009, 01:20:49 PM »

Thank you, Marilyn, for the play-by-play postings. They were appreciated!

And thank you ClayHarmony for your reports of the evening. Looking forward to reading Shelley's when she gets a chance to post them.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #1794 on: May 10, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »

Thank you, Marilyn, for the play-by-play postings. They were appreciated!

And thank you ClayHarmony for your reports of the evening. Looking forward to reading Shelley's when she gets a chance to post them.

This felt so RIGHT!   He was gorgeous, confident, and he sang for ME  us!!!  I hope "next time" is soon! 

BTW -   HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY TO ALL - including special aunts, cousins, teachers and neighbors. . and every woman who has made a difference in a child's life!  Huggles

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #1795 on: May 10, 2009, 05:36:53 PM »

wave I'm baaaaaaaack! My daughter made me some pjs (she loves to sew) and a card AND cleaned the house!

WHat can I say about the Vegas trip that hasn't already been said? Heather H is a class act. She did a duet with Brian McK. of "Unforgettable" and it was that. The Canadian Tenors were young, hawt and talented. Peter C. is an amazing pianist. Charice is charice. All the performers obviously admire and love David. Brian McKnight was the other bright star (other than Clay) of the night. He sang the most songs. He was a m a z i n g.

David is adorable and his set with Clay was....it felt like we were looking in at them sitting in their living room just chatting and singing and enjoying life. Very easy and relaxed, and David so loves his in-law.

Clay looked wonderful and the hair is like Parker's!!

The event hall was packed with 90% Charice fans. But they were gracious to all the performers. Johanna and I had nooooooooo problem EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-ing at everything! We had such fun being 12 again. It was great!

I'm running off to see the clack.
Still on a high. Love David. Love Clay. PS I love Vegas too!

Shelley

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

Saw Clay in concert at Pala on my birthday, August 3, 2007

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #1796 on: May 10, 2009, 06:14:03 PM »

SHELLEY - Thanks for your recap!  What a great time for you and JOHANNA!  Clapping   From the clack, it certainly seems that David and Clay enjoy and admire each other!

I loved seeing/hearing Clay singing!  Clapping Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1797 on: May 10, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »

Loved the recaps and the enthusiasm.  JOHANNA and SHELLEY, I hope your "Clay hangover" lasts for at least a few days.  You've earned it!  Huggles Huggles

It sounds like everybody had a wonderful Mother's Day.  As I mentioned earlier, the older I get the more I realize that Mother's Day is a celebration of all women and their capacity to love and nurture those who are touched by their lives. 

I'm pooped after a full afternoon with family and a 100-mile round trip.  Off to bed very early tonight!    off to bed  Baby Dust

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #1798 on: May 10, 2009, 07:05:26 PM »

I'm back home after a wonderful Mother's Day with my son.  Also had a long phone call from my son in TX.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

It was an exciting day in the Clay Nation yesterday and I hope it won't be too long before we hear some information on just what path Clay's career is going to take.  Hopefully, singing in front of an audience last night will just emphasize how good he is at it and how much he and his fans need it.

Hope everyone has a great week.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #1799 on: May 10, 2009, 09:53:12 PM »

After party recap from Betty Rubble at OFC:

What a WILD trip... flying into Vegas for a 26 hour stay.

The concert totally rocked. David Foster is a class act - VERY entertaining, extremely talented, not bad to look at either. I would go to another one of his shows like this, even if Clay wasn't there.... oooh, but he was!!!

I haven't watched the videos yet, but in person, I thought Clay sounded wonderful and looked great.

I've got nothing to add to the other recaps - the show was great, the surprise guests were a treat.

(I lied - have to add - that I read one post about Paul Anka that wasn't very nice, IMO. Anka's singing My Way to David Foster was just one of those "had to be there" moments. Anka re-wrote the lyrics to make it a tribute to David and watching DF while PA sang was priceless.)

I hadn't planned on going to the after party, so what a treat it was to be able to go. Claybella and I hung out and laughed and drank and waited (in the room where the piano was) for David to show up. There were 2 rooms, but the wall between them was all glass, so we could see down into the bar. Then at some point, Jerome was there, standing at the other end of the bar. Claybella and I looked at each other... this could be interesting.

Nothing much was going on at the time, (besides hearing some man tell a group near us that he had written the #1 song in the Philippines - Quando, Quando, Quando - run and d/l from iTunes! LOL) so we headed back to the bar. (It's our own talent!)

Clay walked through the bar with Jerome and stopped a few feet away from us - I have a nice bruise on my arm as a reminder. Thanks Bella! (As if I wouldn't have noticed Clay standing there.)

He continued up the ramp into the room with the piano and disappeared through the doorway and the crowd, and before you can say Unchained Melody, he had walked back out the way he came.

We moved down toward the doorway to the room where the piano was and waited.

We didn't have to wait long before we saw Clay walking back in again. We were standing right under a speaker in the bar and right below the doorway. We couldn't see Clay, but we were treated to UM, and it was like nothing I've ever heard in person before - AMAZING.

We saw Clay walk back through the bar after he sang, but never did see him leave. We stayed until David left, were given goodie bags with a signed DF CD.

Then off to NY/NY to ride the roller coaster. Our "date" stood us up, but that's okay. It was 3am, and the coaster shuts down at 11pm! We finally turned the lights out at 5am in the tomb room at the Luxor.

It was a great trip - too short, but SO fun, and more than worth it.

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

Saw Clay in concert at Pala on my birthday, August 3, 2007

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx