gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:28:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 471
Total: 471

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Bachelor  (Read 80122 times)
woodstock2
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!"

« on: January 05, 2009, 07:49:51 PM »

The new season of The Bachelor started tonight with Jason from the last Bachelorette as the Bachelor.  He is such a nice guy.  And he is the first single parent to be chosen for this show.

I really enjoyed the 2 hour premier, but am glad I taped it so I can go back and watch some parts again.

Here are my impressions:

I was surprised that they had the "vote" allowing the girls to vote someone off, only to find out that that got her a rose.  I felt the girls voted for Megan because she is also a single parent and they thought she was trying to use it as a trump card.  I didn't think she was.  But she wasn't chummy with the other girls, either.

My early favorites are Stephanie (what a lady), Melissa, and Lauren.  There are others I liked, too. 

I was surprised that Naomi and Jillian got roses.  They did not impress me so far.

I liked Jackie at first, but my opinion changed as the show went on.  Did anyone else think she was drunk?  I'm glad she didn't get a rose.  Same with a few others, who thought they were just "perfect" for Jason.

I was surprised in the preview that Deanna will return.  But I don't think Jason will go for it.  I think it's a little too late.

It will be interesting to see how things develop as the weeks go by.  Can't wait to hear what you all think!!!

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 07:30:16 AM »

Skip and I both watched THE BACHELOR last evening and it promises to be quite an interesting series.

I don't remember all the names, but I was impressed with the widow with a little girl.  Jason gave the first impression rose to the most stunning girl with the most cleavage showing!!  She really made a first impression on him!!  Laughing

Deanna coming back to say she made a mistake will really stir things up.  Jason really did love her at one point, but how does he feel now?  I did think Jesse was not the right one for Deanna, but so much time has elapsed!  I think it might be a trust issue with Deanna, now.  How does he know she is sincere?

The dental hygienist came on a little strong; with the fake teeth and knowing so much about Jason and his family.   She said she wasn't a stalker, but you could see in his eyes he was a little shocked at her.

I  think it was probably not that hard to pick the 10 to go home;  maybe harder to pick the 15 to stay.

I have heard that he is engaged, so.....maybe there will be a happy ending.

I hope more will join Woody and me here as we watch this season's THE BACHELOR!!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »

I don't watch this show, but I have to say that one of the gals seems to have an interesting name.  bigsmile

I hope she doesn't give the name a bad rep.  lmao

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
woodstock2
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!"

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 05:30:33 PM »

Prissy - I was surprised and a little disappointed who Jason gave the first rose to.  You are right about the cleavage.   lmao  The only reason I remembered the names is because I wrote them down.   Laughing  Nothing else to do when you are home alone and no one to watch it with.  And the widow with the little girl's name is Stephanie.  I was really impressed with her.  She is quite a lady.  But for some reason I don't think it will be her in the end, but time will tell.

Deanna - The Deanna on the show was the Bachelorette who didn't pick Jason on her show and is now sorry.  So we will see what comes of it.  If she shames your name, I will let you know.   Wink

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:01:21 AM »

So does this mean Idol and The Bachelor will conflict with time slots????
I wondered if any of you also felt that even though Jason said he couldn't let Sharon's (Deanna, I have a name sake too) Paranoid quitting her job to come to the show affect his decison the first rose ceremony night that it really did???  I felt no connection between the two at all Paranoid

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 12:38:06 PM »

Sharon,
I know there  should never be a conflict between DWTS and THE BACHELOR because they are both ABC shows.  Now, AI is on FOX, so there very well could be a conflict there.  I have not watched AI in years, so it won't be a problem for me.

I did go back and watch the show again on TiVo and wrote down, like you Woody, all the names, their ages and where they are from. 

Here are the 15 girls Jason picked.  This is the order they arrived in the limos.

Lauren, 27, Teacher, NJ
Kari, 27, Ad Exec., MO/KS
Melissa, 25, Sales Rep., Dallas  (Very bubbly;  was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader)
Sharon, 32, Teacher, NY  (Resigned her teaching job to be on the show)
Natalie, 27, Human Res., Chicago
Naomi, 24, Flight Attend., CA
Megan, 25, Lacrosse Coach, PA (Got most votes to leave, so got a rose;  has a 14 month old son)
Lisa, 27, Public Relations, ID
Stephanie, 34, Medical Marketing, AL (Widow with a little girl;  my favorite, so far)
Raquel, 27, Medical student, Brazil (Said she brought 32 pairs of shoes;  seems a little selfish)
Nikki, 29, Admin. Assist., Chicago  (Most cleavage!!  First impression rose from Jason.....Is a Pageant "junkie"!!)
Molly, 24, Dept. Store Buyer, MI
Erica, 25, Acct. Exec., CT
Jillian, 29, Interior Designer, Canada (Did the hot dog "test")
Shannon, 29, Dental Hygienist, MO  (Had the fake teeth;  last one off the limos;   knew too much about Jason and his family!)

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 02:02:06 PM »

Prissy, thanks, you keep things so organized for us  bigsmile

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 07:47:56 PM »

I just finished watching THE BACHELOR.  I did not go to orchestra practice.  I just didn't feel ready to start up again.  I will go next Monday!

"Meow!"  The claws are definitely coming out among some of the girls.  Erica and Megan, especially!! eek!  I am still impressed by Stephanie;  such a sweetheart and really kind.  The promos for next week show her getting a date with Jason and he surprises her with her little girl, Sophia,  joining them on her birthday.  Then we saw that Stephanie brought lots of jewelry and accessories and lets several of the girls have a fashion show.  She still strikes me as a really generous lady.

Three girls got roses on their dates:  Melissa, Molly, and Jillian.

Lisa decided to leave because of her grandmother's cancer.

So the two who left tonight were Raquel from Brazil (I thought she was too intense.) and Sharon, the teacher from New York who resigned her teaching job to come to THE BACHELOR. (I thought she came across as a little too desperate.)

The 12 remaining:

Lauren, 27, Teacher, NJ  (Jason observed she needs to be the center of attention.)
Kari, 27, Ad Exec., MO/KS
Melissa, 25, Sales Rep., Dallas  (2nd one on one date;  got to ride the Goodyear blimp with Jason)
Natalie, 27, Human Res., Chicago
Naomi, 24, Flight Attend., CA
Megan, 25, Lacrosse Coach, PA  (Jason chose her first for a rose tonight.  She doesn't get along with Erica.)
Stephanie, 34, Medical Marketing, AL (Widow with a little girl;  my favorite, so far)
Nikki, 29, Admin. Assist., Chicago  (She seems worried about the other girls;  too much so, I think.  Doesn't like to hear about
       Jason kissing another girl.)
Molly, 24, Dept. Store Buyer, MI
Erica, 25, Acct. Exec., CT  (Does not get along with Megan.  Not a favorite of mine.  Last one chosen for a rose tonight.)
Jillian, 29, Interior Designer, Canada (First one on one date)
Shannon, 29, Dental Hygienist, MO  (Knows a lot about Jason;  Jason said it's flattering, but...)

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 08:00:03 PM »

Well I thought the dates with Jillian and Melissa were awesome Clapping Clapping The large group date was different to me, but this is my first time watching the show so maybe large group dates are the norm??
Prissy, loved the preview of Sophia running along the beach to see her Mom Huggles I like Stephanie too, very lovely woman Clapping
I think Raquel blew it when she snuck into the limo Paranoid and I really don't feel ther was any connection with my name sake Laughing

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 08:26:15 PM »

Sharon,
The group dates are the norm while there are still so many girls.  As the number dwindles down, fewer group dates, and more one on one dates. And usually the dates are really special;  spectacular  places and/or scenery;  often with a romantic dinner.

Woody can attest to the fact that I am always saying "I'm not watching THE BACHELOR or BACHERLOTTE any more.  The love connections seldom last!"  Paranoid  But I remember Jason from the last BACHELORETTE so that lured me into watching again!

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »

Personally, I think the "cat fights" will be worth the price of admission Laughing

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »

I found a link to THE BACHELOR that gives more info on Jason and Chris Harrison;  some info on the girls, too.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/bachelor/index?pn=bios#t=bachelor

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 01:07:13 PM »

THANKS GALS FOR ALL THE RECAPS ON THE BACHELOR Clapping
IT USED TO COME ON LATER AND I COULD WATCH WHEN HUBBY WENT TO BED BUT NOW IT IS MUCH TOOOOOO EARLY AND WE HAVE ANOTHER PROGRAM WE WATCH.

BUT NOW, AT LEAST I CAN KEEP TRACK, CUZ I LOVE JASON. HE IS A SWEETIE.

CANNOT TAPE IT BECAUSE I AM TAPING SOMETHING FOR MY SON AT THAT HOUR.

I JUST NEED 10 TV TAPE DECKS.

I JUST HOPE I CAN REALLY WATCH THE VERY ENDING. LETS SEE, WHERE CAN I SEND MY HUSBAND??????????? ANY TAKERS.

LUV
JAN AKA JEANNE

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 06:25:34 PM »

Jan,
Welcome to THE BACHELOR thread.  I understand about favorite shows all seeming to be on the same evening! pull hair

Jason:

Stephanie (The nicest of all the gals.)

Some of Jason's favorites:
Molly

Nikki

Melissa

Jillian

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 07:07:13 PM »

Prissy, you are the best Huggles

karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 03:33:21 AM »

Prissy, thanks for the pictures and link!  I watched the first night but missed the second, so this keeps me in the loop! Clapping

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
woodstock2
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!"

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 06:36:27 AM »

Prissy - Thanks so much for taking the time to post all the valuable information.   Huggles
I'm enjoying it very much.  Yes, Prissy has said she will not watch it again.   Wink But Jason is so nice, and they do say he ends up engaged at the end.  I look forward to that.

I will share my opinions.

I'm a little surprised at the girls Jason is most attracted to.  He says he is looking for a kind heart, but he seems to like the "fun" girls, and I don't think some of them are that sincere.  I think they are putting on a show to get attention.

I think both Jillian and Shannon are "too much".  They are pushing it.  I hope they are not there in the end.

I was not surprised Raquel went home.  I think she came on a bit too strong, too.

I felt so bad for Sharon.  She didn't get much one on one time with Jason.  She seemed like a nice girl to me.  It was her choice to quit her job to come on the show.  Perhaps they wouldn't give her the time off and she had no choice.  I know if I told my superintendent I wanted time off to go on the Bachelor, he would laugh in my face.   Laughing  I think with a little more time with jason, she may have been around longer.  JMHO.

Lauren and Shannon are both acting selfish.

I think Erica is a trouble maker.  I was surprised she stayed.

I like Stephanie the best, too, and loved the preview.  I think that will go a long way to make an impression on Jason.  Or so I hope.   Fingers Crossed

I also like Melissa.  She is cute and bubbly, and doesn't seem too pushy.  I hope to see her stay around.

I liked Megan until she had to be bleeped out on TV.  She is nasty to the other girls.  I know the other girls voted her off, but she could have been more professional.

I am just kind of neutral about the rest of the girls.  No others have struck me like Stephanie and Melissa.

BTW, one of the girls that siad she is from Chicago (don't remember which one)  is actually from Morton, IL, according to what they put on the screen.  Morton is NO where near Chicago!!!  Unless she meant she is originally from Chicago.  Morton is even south of me!!!  Naughty

I hope we get to see good things next week. 
Woodstock

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 07:19:26 PM »

Boy what a night tonight, tons of drama Laughing I have to say that Stephanie's "play" date with Jason and her daughter was just the best Clapping
I am still surprised that Jason keeps Shannon~~~I think she's uncomfortable with the whole scenario.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »

Hi!

Just finished watching THE BACHELOR;  getting dramatic.

It started out with the date with Stephanie and her little daughter, Sophia.  Good family time at a children's park open just to the three of them.  I don't know if there will be a romantic connection between Stephanie and Jason, but I still like her.  I think she might make a good BACHELORETTE for "older" men.  I just hope if Jason lets her go it is before she gets to involved.  I would hate to see her hurt.
He did give Stephanie a rose.

On the group date the girls made plaster "busts" of themselves.  Melissa revealed that she had bust reduction surgery when she was 17.  Jason gave the group date rose to Jillian.

Natalie got the next single date; got to wear a million dollars worth of diamonds and went to Las Vegas with Jason.  I thought it was tacky that Jason (probably forced by the producers) chose the end of the date to tell her she wasn't getting a rose.  I don't think a rose should be involved in the single dates.  (JMO).
Jason was honest with his feelings that he didn't feel a connection with Natalie.

The girls were thrilled when someone came in and got Natalie's bags.

Jason came right out and asked Lauren who were the trouble makers Natalie alluded to.  Lauren said Megan and Erica, which is true.

Before the rose ceremony, Chris asked the girls to tell Jason what was going on.  Of course, no one would "rat" on another in public.  Shannon was so stressed, she went to the bathroom and threw up.

Finally, at the rose ceremony, Kari and Erica were the girls sent packin'!   I felt like Kari had not really had any one on one time with Jason, or at least, none the audience had seen.

Remaining 9:

Molly
Lauren
Melissa
Naomi
Shannon
Nikki
Megan
Stephanie
Jillian

3 that left:  Natalie, Kari and Erica

Sharon,
I loved the play date with Jason,  Stephanie and little Sophia.  So sweet!  I will probably rewind my recording of the show and watch that part several times this week.  In the promos for next week, It looks like Stephanie does some opera singing!  I hope that doesn't scare Jason!! eek!
Shannon may be too high maintenance emotionally!  And she was the one who knew so much about Jason.
I think Nikki should go.  She strikes me as too controlling and into everybody's business.  I can't see her dealing well with Jason's ex-wife.

woodstock2
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!"

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 07:37:56 PM »

Sharon - I so agree with you about tonight.  It was a very good episode.  I just wish it wasn't 2 hours long.

I have to say that I am more surprised by who Jason keeps there than who he sends home.  I was glad to see Erica go.  I do think she is a trouble maker.  I also think Megan is a big time trouble maker and there for the wrong reasons.  I wish she would go.

And I have never liked Jillian.  I think she is very fake.  Maybe I am wrong but that is JMHO.  What he sees in her, I can't understand.

Shannon will go soon, I think. 

I still like Stephanie the best.  The date was fantastic, and I think he saw what it could be like in the future.  She is far more mature than the other girls there IMHO.  I hope she will be the one there at the end.  But Jason may surprise us all, because he seems to like the "fun-loving" type girls.

We will see what next week brings.   Wink
Woodstock

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx