gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:00:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 276
Total: 276

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 28 :: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 258846 times)
LOVE CLAY
Claymation

« Reply #1940 on: February 25, 2009, 01:43:48 PM »

Thanks for fixing us, Gwen and Sunny

Back to the Broadway play with Reed. The guy that is singing looks to me that they tried to copy Clay's profile and the voice, could the guy be lipsinging and that is really CLAY'S
voice? Has this already been said and I am lagging behind today.

Rosemary
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1941 on: February 25, 2009, 01:45:04 PM »

I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF SINGER HE IS.
I don't know what kind of singer he wants to be. Sometimes, I wonder if he even knows. He says he sings the kind of songs he likes to sing. Ssssllllooooooowwww and muzak-y? Roll eyes

For a guy who can embrace so dang many different styles, he and his Executive Producer are gonna put themselves out of business by putting the listening public to sleep. They don't seem to get that he needs to sing something other people want to hear! doh

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
LOVE CLAY
Claymation

« Reply #1942 on: February 25, 2009, 01:50:50 PM »

I AGREE!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1943 on: February 25, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »

As far as the guy singing for the Defying Inequality thing, I don't think it sounds like Clay at all (which is good, because I don't think they sounded very good). shrug

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1944 on: February 25, 2009, 02:00:10 PM »

WELL I THOUGHT I LOST YOU, AWE. Huggles

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1945 on: February 25, 2009, 02:19:59 PM »

HAD A HARD DAY CLAY WISE. WENT OVER TO OFC AND READ ALL HIS BLOGS NOT SURE WHY JUST DRAWN TO FOR SOME REASON. I REALLY MISS THE OLD DAYS AT TIMES THE EXCITMENT, I WAS TRULY A GONER, NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE,NOT THAT I STILL DON'T CARE JUST SEEMS SO DIFFERENT TO ME, I WORRY SOMETIMES HE WILL JUST DISAPPEAR AND IF IT HAPPENS WHAT HAPPENS TO US.

I AM TIRED OF CLOUDS AND COLD I THINK WHEN THE SUN SHINES I WILL FEEL BETTER, I WILL NEVER B*********** ABOUT HEAT AGAIN.

NOW THAT I HAVE DEPRESSED YOU I WILL GET READY FOR CHURCH. Laughing

mainer
Claymaniac

« Reply #1946 on: February 25, 2009, 02:35:24 PM »

I have to agree with mimi2's post on the discussion thread, about the mismanagement of Clay's career.  However, as I have posted over the years, I do not think Clay was mismanaged in terms of RCA's intentions towards him -- I think their express intention was to marginalize him.  Clay could sing so much better than Justin and others in their stable, with whom they have expensive contracts.  I think RCA wanted to sign him so that RCA could sideline him to keep him from competing with other talents in whom they are more vested.  A TV exposee that was on, some while back, before AI, had gone into this whole thing about how labels sign great talent just so they can minimize new talents and keep them from competing with their other stars.  I also think that Clive Davis does not brook dissent, and Clay is his own Clay.

My favorite Clay stuff lately has been the edgier interpretations of material -- like Everything I Don't Need, or his interpretation of Don't Save it All for Xmas Day -- as well as the forward-retro feel of There's Something About Us or What are you doing New Year's Eve -- sophisticated stuff, more adult contemporary than Pop. 

Wish he'd do some more writing, or could find his own alter-ego songwriter counterpart.  I am excited if it is true he has signed with a new label, but I am nervous about the word "genre..."  I know Clay can handle anything -- jazz, blues, blue grass, etc. -- and limitations on his creativity may be the opposite of what he and his fans really need and want.

I much prefer to listen to Clay than to Josh Grobin or Michael Buble -- which is, I suppose, why I keep coming back to Claymanicas -- other than the excellent company we keep here, of course.  I just want more from OMC, and I want much more for him.

Glory -- maybe we are in for a whole new adventure!!!  Let's hope!!!

mainer
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1947 on: February 25, 2009, 02:48:58 PM »

CLAY CAN SING ANYTHING WELL.  IT CAN'T BE SAID TOO OFTEN.  I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING HE SANG BADLY.  I DON'T MEAN IF HIS VICE CRACKS BUT WHERE HE COULDN'T INTERPRET THE SONG WELL.  I REMEMBER SIMON SAYING ONCE---NOT ABOUT CLAY BUT ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE---THAT YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL IF YOU TRY TO SING STEVIE WONDER OR WHITNEY HOUSTON.  WELL, CLAY CAN.  HE CAN ROCK IT OUT AS GOOD AS ANYONE.  THINK OF THE NAT.  WHEW.  SO MUCH FUN.  HE NEEDS TO DO THOSE KINDS OF SONGS.  HE CAN THROW IN A SSSSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWW SONG EVERY NOW AND THEN.  I LOVE ME SOME GLORY NOTES.

DAMMIT---WHERE IS HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1948 on: February 25, 2009, 02:56:49 PM »

Well heck its nice to see that the problem wasnt just me. Thanks Gwenn!!

I too hope Clay will perk up (sigh) in the song department. He CAN sing edgier songs and I am hoping that past history and perusal of the fan board will make him realize that PEPPIER songs will give him more options and be received well. I don't want him to abandon big voiced songs because I love them too, but he needs to realize that he can sing the shizznit out of almost anything.
I say to hell with staying in your lane- break out, pass some others, pick up speed, follow the HOV (oops, got carried away)
I am hoping that TPTB in his management, his exec producer, and Clay himself  will try different gendres.
 I like R & B Clay- and at the concerts he sang very well in multiple styles.  I like multiples  bigsmile
I mean-WTSHNN was great too- thats rocking, radio friendly, and he did a wonderful job. So pick a song like that- or promote Ashes or Falling. Great songs, great styles, great beat. He can STILL do his ballads, but change up some more.

But what do I know? I just know he needs to do something- there are many folks out here just hankering for a taste of Clay again...........

demmit- why does everything come out smutty?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1949 on: February 25, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »

demmit- why does everything come out smutty?

MARILYN, MY LOVE, BECAUSE IT'S CLAY.  AND YOU. AND THAT IS HOW WE DO THINGS.  AND SEE THINGS.   bigsmile Wink blush Naughty Clapping

JUST FOR FUN BY MARIEDRUMMOND---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gcCk-rxoME

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1950 on: February 25, 2009, 03:15:48 PM »

I WOULD LOVE A JBT2 SO MUCH FUN CAN YOU BELEIVE THAT WAS 4 YEARS AGO.

ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I SMUTTED BUT I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH MARILYN AND GWENN. ROFLMAO

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1951 on: February 25, 2009, 03:28:29 PM »

Hello Ladies...I have no idea why you can't see a reply button in the regular CM thread. I just looked and can see all the buttons I'm not sure if that's because I'm admin or what. I looked through all the settings and nothing has changed. Strange that it would be just that thread.

Could you all do me a favor and check back with the other thread and let me know if the reply, modify, etc buttons are still missing?

I apologize for the slow response. I literally slept all afternoon. I didn't sleep at all last night and was dead tired.

I'll see what I can do about the missing buttons.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1952 on: February 25, 2009, 03:39:45 PM »

I realize that I am in the same "admin" boat as you, Michelle--but I do see all the buttons. shrug

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1953 on: February 25, 2009, 03:41:01 PM »

MICHELLE THAT WAS ME I WAS TRYING TO MAKE A POST DISCOVERED THE REPLY BUTTON WAS GONE.  I DID NOT SEE THAT GWENN STARTED A NEW THREAD. Huggles  DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #1954 on: February 25, 2009, 03:45:54 PM »

No reply button for me over there!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1955 on: February 25, 2009, 03:46:39 PM »

GLORY, I also was going to post and didn't see a reply button and got panicy too!  Than I noticed the other threads had the reply button and thought "what the heck"!  Laughing

Regarding the playlist on the upcoming CD, it sounds pretty good to me.  Was happy to see "Ashes" on there, which tells me they knew this was a hot song so why didn't they promote that song first when the CD came out.  Also would have loved to see "When a Man Loves a Woman" on there.  I just about died when I heard Clay sing part of that song!!!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1956 on: February 25, 2009, 04:04:41 PM »

WELL I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION WE HAVE A BUTTON THEIF ON CLAYMANIACS , Laughing STRANGE ISN'T IT. I THOUGHT I WAS LOSING MY MIND BUT I SEE I WAS NOT DELUSIONAL. THANK GOD.

PEPE AND LORI YEP.GONE.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1957 on: February 25, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »

Well, that's annoying. The buttons are all back now. What the heck?? hypnotic

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1958 on: February 25, 2009, 04:25:22 PM »

Well, that's annoying. The buttons are all back now. What the heck?? hypnotic

Can everyone see them? If so then I'll merge these two threads.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1959 on: February 25, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »

YEP.  MINE IS BACK ALSO.  WHAT THEY HECK???????

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx