gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:44:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 357
Total: 357

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK, SEPTEMBER 30  (Read 2025 times)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« on: September 30, 2008, 06:49:20 AM »

GOOD MORNING... Smile

FROM THE TBAF.

We look forward to hosting you at The Bubel/Aiken Foundation’s 5th annual Champion of Change Gala.  Below is a preview of some of the items available in our auctions.  Select items are available for bid online for those who are unable to attend.  (See bid instructions below for online auction guidelines.)
Auction proceeds will further support the Foundation’s mission of inclusion for all children

BUBEL-AIKEN

There's lots great items for auction at the Gala!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:02:54 AM »

This is an interesting article from MSNBC

Some among Aiken's ardent fans, the so-called Claymates, had a visceral reaction to the singer's announcement last week that he was gay, expressing dismay and questioning whether they can continue to support him. But most took the news with a blink and a shrug, and that seems to be true for the general public as well.

MSNBC.COM

NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:16:51 AM »

Thanks for the news and links, Philly!!!!!!   Huggles

That is a great article from MSNBC

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:24:51 AM »

Thanks for the news and links, Philly!!!!!!   Huggles

That is a great article from MSNBC

Debbie

You're welcome Deb! Huggles
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 12:39:22 PM »

MSNBC did a good article. 
           Thank you for bringing it to us.

Betty

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 02:59:25 PM »

This just came across in a Google Alert, and I thought it had some very good points:

We have to hand it to Aiken, though. The recent birth of his son, he told People, was the impetus for coming out of the closet.

"I cannot raise a child to lie or to hide things," he told the mag. "I wasn't raised that way, and I'm not going to raise a child to do that."

With National Coming Out Day celebrating its 20th anniversary this month, it's a timely point. Coming out has more to do with honesty, self-acceptance and putting faith in loved ones than it does with anything else. It is not, as some like to assume, about declaring an ill-conceived or malicious rejection of society's moral code.

Just as each person is different, so too is their process in finding a way to live an open, self-actualized life. Some of us get magazine covers out of it. Most of us don't.

And while we don't really care (and, honestly, don't want to know) who Clay Aiken sleeps with, an important lesson got lost in the hoopla of his exit from the closet.

Instilling offspring with a sense of values and principles isn't a practice exclusively limited to the straight set. Gay people can put their children's development before themselves, too.

QUICK DFW

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
vikipace
Claymation

Ciao!

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 03:03:25 PM »

Good articles thanks alot!

-viki

He lites up my life! I loved his "supremely silly" performance in Spamalot on May 3, 2008! :-P
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx