gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:42:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 355
Total: 355

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: How can anyone NOT love Clay Aiken???  (Read 6214 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« on: September 30, 2007, 07:14:33 AM »

How can anyone NOT love Clay Aiken?   That is something I have been pondering lately.

After my VERY enjoyable Clay trekking this summer, and seeing 4 concerts that were EACH different than the others, to coming home listening to CDs and watching DVDs of the concerts that my very good friends made for me, I just can't get enough!!!

And listening to Clay in my car...the songs, the banter....it came to mind...How can ANYONE NOT love Clay Aiken?  shrug shrug shrug 

And all I could think of was all there IS to love about Clay.

First and foremost, his beautiful, beautiful voice.  It has been compared to many singers, but even more often that it is a voice of an angel.  Gladys Knight said it was "pure".  Clay brought Neal Sedaka to tears.  He had the AI judges on their feet many times, even Simon.   Wink  And he has us on our feet everytime we see him.  Yes, the voice, first and foremost.  It can soothe me anytime I am feeling anxious, or a little upset.  Many have said it soothes the soul, and I agree.  Not a DAY goes by that I don't listen to Clay.  He starts my day off right EVERY day.  And I remember why I love him so much.

I have been SO impressed by the banter at all the concerts, and how quick and witty he is.  He is a natural funny man.  And he doesn't use the same lines every concert.  I have been listening to the Chautaqua CD that our friend, Marilyn, made, and I laugh every time I hear the banter.   lmao  He is a LIKEABLE guy...even lovable.  You hear all of the audience laughing and having such a good time.  I never saw ONE tomato flying over my head.   Laughing  He brings us joy with his humor.

Clay has become such a showman.  We have seen this the last few tours.  He is somewhat dancing.   Laughing  And he is making gestures and faces that go along with the music.  I particularly enjoyed the Classics songs this tour.  I laugh just thinking about it.  He sure knows how to put on a show...  Yes!

I haven't even mentioned his big heart and generosity.  His involvement with the BAF and UNICEF, and everything else he does.  I can only imagine that having Clay as a friend would be a joy of a lifetime.  I'll bet he is a very loyal friend to have.

He don't look half bad, either.   Wink

So, again, I think...what is there not to love about Clay Aiken???

And once again, I can only think of what there IS to love about Clay Aiken.

What do YOU love most about Clay Aiken???
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:02:15 AM »

Lovely post woodstock. Clapping

There's nothing really I don't love about Clay. It amazes me when I watch the clack that I'm either smiling, laughing, or wiping a tear from my eye. The word that always comes to my mind when I'm either listening to him or watching him is 'special'. He is just so special, one of a kind. The emotion he brings out in his fans is undescribable and unique.
Even last night just hearing his voice on Idol rewind was soothing.
Last of all I just can't imagine anybody that would just stop and listen and watch him for five minutes not feeling the same.
Bev Smile

Bev-   Proud Claynadian Claymaniac
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 08:45:11 AM »

DITTO  Huggles NO OTHER WORDS ARE NEEDED.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »

Well said Woody. Clapping I love everything about Clay. Love!

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
franniek54
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 04:12:03 PM »

When asked what I love about Clay, the answer that always pops into my head was actually given by someone else here some time ago.  “He sings good and he’s cute.”  That really sums it all up for me.

Some of you have already read comments I have made on this topic at other times and in other places.  Now I am forced to dig even deeper in analyzing the phenomenon.

At the top of the list—the Voice--beautiful tone, quality, clarity, range, power, dynamics, breath control, voice control, ability to harmonize…..

But beyond that, I love how he FEELS his music, and thus makes me feel his music.  How it instantly makes me forget everything else but that. I wonder if it effects him the same way. It’s the perfect stress reducer, mood elevator, spiritual enhancer and aphrodisiac. 

Is it chick music?  Yeah, some of it.  And I like that too.  I never was one for “chick music” before, but now I get it.  And I’m unashamed to say that I like to tap into my emotions, and find a deeper connection to the human spirit, and maybe a better understanding of the human experience.  That’s a TRUE gift from Clay that I’m sure he doesn’t know about.

AND great song choices.  When left to choose his own music, he always comes up with quality songs that have great lyrics, and/or soothing melodies, or uplifting fun tunes.  The fact that he can sing pretty much any genre opens up a whole world of possibilities that many other artists just don’t have.  He has so much to offer in terms of musical variety.

I like that he gives his all every time out.  That makes me feel appreciated as a fan.

AND I like that he is exploring other styles and trying new things and is musically curious.  ATDW was different for him.  I liked hearing another form of expression from him.  He should be learning more about music, and exploring his abilities, and developing his talent.

He‘s always been entertaining and quick-witted, but he’s become progressively more comfortable on stage, more engaging, more comical, less inhibited.  He’s got just tons of charisma and charm.  I love that he has the confidence now to just move to the music and let himself be completely immersed in it.  To feel it body and soul, like in my avie.

AND he’s very real.  He gives little glimpses into his heart, and the things that matter to him.  He doesn’t wear his heart on his sleeve anymore, but when he shares, it is genuine.  Like when he gave Angela that little kiss in Sterling Heights.   Or when he mouthed the words to WTLGD behind Quiana in Ft. Myers.  Or when he teared up singing Because You Loved Me in Orlando.  Or every time he sang MOAM with such intensity on this tour.

That being said, the genuineness is what causes people to have such strong opinions about the man—Nobody is indifferent about Clay Aiken.  But I like that he inspires thought and reflection.  He challenges young people to examine their values, and challenges us older folks to act on ours.  And he’s steadfast in his value system, he doesn’t change with fads or trends.  His humanitarian endeavors speak for themselves.  His personal history and his training as a special ed. teacher give him a perspective that most men his age don’t have.

He is a bit of a loose cannon on stage, it’s true.  He may sometimes forget to use his “filter.”  But that spontaneity is the genuine part, and the occasional shock is the fun part, and the unexpectedness is the intrigue.

And like Debbie said, he’s probably loyal to a fault, but he’s not a push-over.  He can make the tough decisions, and he has.  You go Clay!  He’s resilient, and he doesn’t cave.

AND I love that he maintains his youthful exuberance.

AND DON’T FORGET!!!!   HE'S A HOT STUD-MUFFIN!!!!

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 08:11:25 PM »

I CANNOT ADD A SINGLE THING BECAUSE WHAT HAS BEEN SAID IS JUST SO TRUE.  I DO NOT, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE COULD NOT LOVE CLAY.  I JUST DON'T.  THERE IS NOTHING NOT TO LOVE AND EVERYTHING TO LOVE.  AFTER ALL THIS TIME, HIS VOICE STILL WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.  HIS HEART STILL AMAZES ME FOR SOMEONE SO YOUNG.  HIS WIT, INTELLIGENCE, ETC.  JUST EVERYTHING.

AND HE IS SO DAMN HAWT.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 03:12:55 AM »

Ditto to everyone's posts!   Clapping Clapping  I couldn't say it better ladies.

Oh, and he has titanium balls!   Paranoid  What?   

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
4aiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 03:30:15 PM »

All I can say is his talent is amazing and he is the only one who has made me feel young again in about 20 years.  I hate it when I have to go one day without logging on and reading something about Clay. He is so genuine and probably still does not know why we all love him so much. I, too , just loved hearing his voice narrating American Idol Rewind - Season 2. He has it all - looks, humor, big heart, great talent. I simply love him.

Can't put my finger on it
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »

GREAT comments, everyone!!!!   Clapping Clapping Clapping

I CANNOT ADD A SINGLE THING BECAUSE WHAT HAS BEEN SAID IS JUST SO TRUE.  I DO NOT, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE COULD NOT LOVE CLAY.  I JUST DON'T.  THERE IS NOTHING NOT TO LOVE AND EVERYTHING TO LOVE.  AFTER ALL THIS TIME, HIS VOICE STILL WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.  HIS HEART STILL AMAZES ME FOR SOMEONE SO YOUNG.  HIS WIT, INTELLIGENCE, ETC.  JUST EVERYTHING.

AND HE IS SO DAMN HAWT.

GWENN

I couldn't agree more.   Clapping Clapping Clapping
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 11:41:23 AM »

i LIKED THE TITANIUM BALLS PART .  bigsmile

Bev-   Proud Claynadian Claymaniac
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 05:00:53 PM »

i LIKED THE TITANIUM BALLS PART .  bigsmile

lmao lmao lmao

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx