gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:59:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 177
Total: 177

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Motor City Red Thong Mafia #38 :: There's Something About Us (Rated R)  (Read 222294 times)
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 07:17:31 AM »

:
Karen - Several months ago in another thread we were discussing what we would personally like Clay to do someday, even if we knew he probably wouldn't do it.  My comment was that I would love to see Clay record a CD of lullabies.  I think he has a perfect voice for it.  Maybe it will be a possibility!

Oh, Cindy, now would DEFINITELY be the time he would do that!  I was noticing that Art Garfunkel sang this song on an album of lullabies too, called "Songs from a Parent to a Child."  I'll bet he had just had a baby, too!

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 07:22:34 AM »

Good morning, ladies,

Shirley and Carolyn - everyone has the right to their opinion. I realize there are a lot of people who don't accept that 'gayness" is a genetic condition just as the color of your skin, your hair and your eyes, etc., --(well, except for Kim) --  but I do so I don't think he "chose" to be gay.  Even if he did "choose" that lifestyle, that is also his right. I'm just happy that he will no longer be the brunt of those horrible tabloid stories. Anyway, I still luv ya - hope you still luv me too.

All the entertainment shows had something to say (except TMZ) and ALL of them were very positive and congratulatory to Clay. GMA was really good - more tomorrow so set your VCRs/DVRs for tomorrow as well.  He seems very comfortable with himself and I'm happy that he is now free to be his 'real me." Baby Parker is adorable and obviously totally loved. I think he is a very lucky baby! Tomorrow on GMA he will be talking about Parker, Jaymes and the way they will share his care.  Now maybe he will finally tell us what his favorite color is, ya think?

Cindy, what a treat to see you back - don't you love us anymore?

Anita, so good to finally see you again, and  

DWTS -   Simply cannot understand why anyone would vote for Cloris and let Ted go - no comparison at all.  I thought she was very funny on Monday but that was more than enough. Susan Lucci really improved, didn't she? I like Brooke and Derek best so far (wanted my favorite to be Misty - she is good and will get better).  The football dude (Warren) wasn't looking quite so good last night as he did on Monday. Cody (the Hannah Montana kid) looked an awfully lot better. I think the first night nerves got a few of them on Monday and they seemed to have controlled it last night.  - that's a hodgepodge, isn't it! It is still really early to pick my final favorite - this is the first time I really haven't had one. CLORIS HAS TO GO!

Off to work for awhile,

B

Marilyn - Panasonic time for Clay 00:28 - will save you some time looking for it.

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 07:22:36 AM »

We forgot to decorate!!

bigsmile bigsmile

Kim, thanks for my favorite pic (top) and a big laugh (bottom Laughing)!! Huggles

karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 07:40:06 AM »

Hi Shirley,
I can't believe you were chastised for your feelings about Clay on another thread.  Who would do that?  Our feelings are what they are.   Sometimes they change with time for any number of reasons, sometimes they don't.  But nobody should be telling you how you should or should not feel about this.  The most they should be doing is presenting their feelings also, and just hope that it might soften your feelings.

This is why I was waiting to post.  Yesterday I was very upset and disappointed by the news.  Today a little less upset.  By next week or next month, who knows?  I do know that I will still be Clay's fan forever.  Nobody has ever reached me with their voice and personality like Clay.  I'm just sad right now, both for Clay and myself, and can't be all "upbeat" just yet, like some fans.  Wish I could be, and I know it will come, eventually. 

I agree with you, Brenda, I don't think people "choose" their sexual preferences, I think they are born that way.  Except I have to wonder about a certain female actress, initials L.L.  Now there is one confused lady.

Oh, and our own "confused lady," Kim! Laughing

Love you all! Huggles

Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 07:42:15 AM »

Kim - Thanks for the decorations! Huggles  Did that first pic have anything to do with your suspicions of Clay's prefences? Wink 

Shirley - Your posts are always honest.  That is just one of your wonderful qualities Huggles ....no beating around the bush with Shirley!! No!  Glad you got the David Cook song.  I really like it!  You're welcome for breakfast.  I thought we all needed some comfort food this morning! Laughing  I didn't turn on GMA until about 7:35.  Clay looked really good...I really like his hair too! I only listened to about two minutes and dvr'd the rest to watch later.

Brenda - Huggles Of COURSE I love you all!!! Huggles Huggles  I have been trying to spend time with hubby.  He is still having a difficult time over his mom's passing.  I have been trying to spend more time with him.  He has been on vacation the past week but I've been working all day.  I was disappointed with the results of DWTS too.  It gets aggravating that these shows are more about popularity than talent.    I am pleased too that the media hasn't been too harsh.  Maybe now that they heard what they wanted they will move on and leave Clay alone.

Karen - It might actually be a good move on Clay's part to do that lullaby CD now.  I think it would do well.  I don't know if hubby would like Clay singing me to sleep every night though! Laughing

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 07:42:40 AM »

Cindy, Shirley's post reminded me of the link to David Cook's new single that you gave us, I have to give you a GREAT BIG  Big Hug!  for that!!  Would never have found it on my own.

It's pretty good, isn't it?  I think both David's will do very well!!

And isn't Daughtry about due for Album #2??
Fingers Crossed

karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 07:51:21 AM »

Cindy, are you and hubby still taking dance lessons together?  That must make DWTS even MORE fun for you to watch!  Is hubby watching with you?

So he doesn't want Clay crooning you to sleep??  Heartless!!! bigsmile

Brenda, I was wondering who got the boot last night!  Poor Ted, I was looking forward to seeing him improve.  He's pretty easy on the eyes, and seems like a very nice guy. 
I was really looking forward to Cloris Leachman, as I have enjoyed her a lot in the movies and TV.  "Young Frankenstein" is one of my favorite performances of hers! Laughing  But I'm not really enjoying her as much as I thought!  I think she should have been sent home, not Ted.
I am really enjoying the big football player Warren Sapp, OMG, he is so light on his feet for his size!  Love the upbeat personality, too!

Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 08:05:30 AM »

Karen - You're welcome. Huggles Dani loves David A's new song Crush.  It is actually her favorite song right now.  Yes, hubby and I are still taking dance classes.  He won't watch DWTS with me...he doesn't like reality tv.  Now if it was on the history channel showing the history of ballroom dancing he would watch it! Laughing  I do dvr the shows though so we can see how the dances are supposed to look! lmao

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 08:14:16 AM »

Cindy, his TV preferences sound like my hubby's!  Now, if only my hubby would dance with me! Laughing  We joined a square dancing group when we were first married, but he never felt comfortable doing it (I loved it), so we eventually dropped out.

Are you being taught the Pasa Doble?  (sp?) 
Now there's a dance that could lead to "other things!!!"   Wink

*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 08:17:23 AM »

I don't like Warren Sapp!  No!

That man is a nasty dude. 

Remember he lived here for years...was a Buc. He aint a nice person...not at all. Naughty First football player I've ever heard about who was downright RUDE to kids when they tried to get autographs. All the time too...not just once. Made my friend's son cry. Cry!

big ol meanie.  Hope he falls down. Nener nener!

Oh! I aint gay today so quit pickin on me! Laughing bigsmile bigsmile
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 08:51:32 AM »

Thanks Kim, I'm not gonna like him ANY-MORE!!!  No! No! No!

caromiller
Enthusiastic

Clay's Official Christmas Elf (he said so!)

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 08:56:36 AM »

That's okay - I don't watch DWTS. 

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 09:12:55 AM »

CAROLYN, I  LOVE YOU!!!!!!!  Thanks so much for your honest post.  I felt alone out there and was so attacked at another thread for my opinion and honest feelings.  Yet I have gotten pm's voicing alnost the same opinion as mine but they felt it would be to unpopular to voice that opinion.  I am afraid my real thoughts always have to come out or I would suffocate. 

I would hope that everyone would feel they were able to freely share their feelings on the subject anywhere on this board. I spoke to the teenager about civility and respect and removed her one line response to you. I'm sorry that you were the recipient of her extreme emotion. We know that people are going to have differing thoughts, emotions, and responses to this announcement of Clay's. If anyone is treated poorly I would hope that it would be brought to the attention of a moderator so we can take care of it.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 09:32:35 AM »

MICHELLE, how kind of you!!!  You know those who loved Clay so much and idolized him, although he didn't ask for it, sometimes get hurt deeper.  First he was my child watching as he matured than I felt I had to fight his battles for him, he didn't ask me to do that either, just the mother instinct in me.  I have to learn to let him go and just enjoy the music he brings. I still don't like the choices he has made but that is my morals talking and possibly my age.  I seen him this morning on GMA and felt better about things as he seemed so happy and free.  I imagine a big weight has been lifted off of him by talking about this.  Although I was happy not knowing.   Laughing

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 09:34:17 AM »

wave

Hi everyone.  I have a few minutes here at work and wanted to stop in and say Hi to everyone.
I am really going to have to make time to come here, it has been way to long between my visits.  My not coming here is not from lack of interest, I just know if I stop in at home, I stay and nothing gets done.  I should amend that to say the only thing that gets done are the changes is my rear end.  It keeps getting bigger from all the sitting I do.  I sit all day here at work, and if I go to my computer at home, I just sit there too.  I really need to move around so I can burn up some fat cells.   blush  
I am not always able to stop in here from work.   Naughty

Kim - I won't like Warren Sapp either.    I don't like people who make kids cry for no reason other than being just plain 'mean'.  

I just thought I would express my thoughts and feeling on Clay's 'coming out' if anyone is interested.  If not, feel free to scroll down.   Smile  

First off, I've never really saw Clay as my 'boyfriend'.  Sure, I kid around with the idea, but in my heart, it never was going to happen.  I have a son older than him.
Do I think he is gorgeous?  Yes!  
Do I think he has beautiful eyes?  Yes!  
Do I think he sings divine?  Yes!  
Have I ever taken out 'Flood Insurance"?  Yes!  
That said, I was trying to deal with the fact that, like Carolyn said: he told us he wasn't gay.  I defended him with that understanding.  I know that he doesn't need us to fight his battles, but we all stood up for him and did just that.  I always asked people who questioned his sexuality - what does it matter, it really has no effect on his voice or his being a wonderful person.  Maybe I should listen to myself on this one.  
I stopped and asked myself, if one of my kids came and told me their 'preferences' were not the 'accepted norm', what would I do.  I honestly know the simple answer to that.  I would still love them.  It would change nothing towards my feeling for them.  
I might be a bit disappointed for a while, but honestly, how many people can say that no one has ever not disappointed them at some time or other.  I understand that it is not a conscious effort on their part to be this way and who am I to criticize.  I have made many people disappointed in me before, and I am sure I will again.  I hope that my family and friends will always love me anyway.  
God will be my final judge.  I hope that I have not, and will never disappoint him to the point he abandons me.  
I feel that Clay has made peace with his family, and his God.  I will let Him be the judge.
I still will stand by Clay and be a fan.  Through him I have made some wonderful friends that I wouldn't trade for anything.
Peggy

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 09:39:24 AM »

MICHELLE, how kind of you!!!  You know those who loved Clay so much and idolized him, although he didn't ask for it, sometimes get hurt deeper.  First he was my child watching as he matured than I felt I had to fight his battles for him, he didn't ask me to do that either, just the mother instinct in me.  I have to learn to let him go and just enjoy the music he brings. I still don't like the choices he has made but that is my morals talking and possibly my age.  I seen him this morning on GMA and felt better about things as he seemed so happy and free.  I imagine a big weight has been lifted off of him by talking about this.  Although I was happy not knowing.   Laughing

Shirley - I saw your post, but thought I better post what I had before I loose it.  Never know when someone will walk by and I have to got out of here.   
I will have to go and read your posts on the other thread, but don't feel bad.  Some people don't think before they talk (or type).  It is hard for our generation to accept some things.  We grew up before any of this instant news was available.  We are slow to accept changes, not necessary unable to accept changes.  Clay has had 4 years to come to terms with this.  Give yourself time to adjust your thinking if that is what you want.  Big Hug!

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 09:41:19 AM »

I just finished cleaning the bathrooms and going to wash the floors now.  Where in the heck is the cLAYMAID when we need her wheee  oh I know she is taking care of Parker. dad rocks 

BRENDA, I will always love you.  I am better today about Clay just a big shock at how it was all done.  Still don't like that magazine with the huge headlines I Am Gay.  I feel it was almost like a publicity stunt and just not true.  We all have different views on being gay, I often wonder if it was the women in his life being so dominent and the men in his life never giving him the love and acceptance he derserved as a child.  I don't know and will throw away the dreams of going to Clay's wedding!!!!!!!!

CINDY, how is Rob's rash????????? 

KAREN, I will have to practice more self control.  You were smart yesterday by stepping back from the computer I need to learn that lesson as I am always getting myself in trouble. !!! 

Back to scrubbing floors!!!!!!!!!!

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 09:44:39 AM »

SPIKEE, so good to see you here, sure have missed you big time.  I deleted that post yesterday. 

Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 09:51:35 AM »

I know that you didn't ask for my opinion, but I wanted to share it with you anyways.  I was raised in a Christian home and personally believe that homosexuality is wrong.  I believe what the Bible says - that it's a sin. But the Bible also says that we are ALL sinners and have no right to sit in judgement on ANYONE. It also says that God puts no degree on sin. So I can't judge Clay or anyone else for a sin they commit when I MYSELF sin DAILY.  WE ALL DO.

I'm going back to lurking now! 

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »

Peggy, that was a wonderful, heartfelt post!    Huggles

Shirley, I think it was fine and healing to say how you felt yesterday.  That's what this board is for, IMO.  And now today you're feeling a little better about it, and shared that with us, too.  We are all human beings, and also WOMEN, and everyone knows women have the right to feel things deeply, and to change their minds whenever they want!!! Laughing

I stepped away yesterday because I was feeling a lot of pain and wanted a chance to let things settle.  I wasn't necessarily right to do that, and I admit to emailing a couple of friends with my feelings, which helped me.  I think we all needed to talk things through about this, and will still have that need for awhile, till this all settles down.
Hug

(by the way, I hate the big black print on the cover of "People," too.  I am glad of one thing, tho, that he rated the big cover story, and not up in the corner; proves that People mag  acknowledges  that Clay is a huge star.)

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx